ADVERTISEMENT

Rewatching Mizzou game

Girthang

All-American
Dec 12, 2019
People complaining about the line in this game were misdirecting their ire. They were bringing extra guys and Levis needs to hit his outlet route quickly, but is still reading 20+ downfield after 2.5 seconds. He's just not moving quick enough between reads, clinging to the deeper route for far too long.

He had CRod open time and again underneath for 3-5 yards and checked down way too late. Had Dingle open for similar as well (and even 15 yards down the field), but instead he takes the sack trying to make another play.

If he takes what he's given, this entire YEAR looks different for him. He'd be healthier and have more yards under his belt. Drop back, check 1, 2, 3 and throw it away or tuck and run. He's just not seeing the field as he drops back and not letting go of his primary quickly enough.

Stupid penalties. No excuse for being offsides. None. You're not listening to the snap count. Watch.the.frkn.snap! Forgot how pissed I can get watching a replay... Back to back offsides on your edge rushers.... angry...

Mizzou are a bunch of cheap shot artists with all of their after the whistle garbage. Late hits, grabbing jerseys and not letting go. Refs let so much garbage go in this one leading to it getting put of hand later. PI not being called down the field kept Mizzou in this game.

Defense was stout... not letting the Tigers get 2 yards for a 1st down on 2-3 straight plays

2nd half

The officials are schizophrenic in this game. Marking the ball a full yard short several plays and then giving us a phantom first down when Mizzou gets the stop short of the marker. He had it the play before and was marked a yard short. Then he gets stopped for no gain on the next play, but they give him the first down.

The official on the UK sideline is lost. Keeps marking people down by where their knees are instead of where the ball is when the player's knee touches.

Using the TE well today both in the run game and passing. How long have we needed that?

I still don't see how CRod got over 100 yards. There were few holes to run through for most of the game...

No hot reads for Levis with Mizzou getting the pressure they're getting. Even more frustrating on replay.

More poor spots by the officials.... We got the legally blind trainee crew.

2nd half

The officials are schizophrenic in this game. Marking the ball a full yard short several plays and then giving us a phantom first down when Mizzou gets the stop short of the marker. He had it the play before and was marked a yard short. Then he gets stopped for no gain on the next play, but they give him the first down.

Considering the actual outcome of that particular play, that phantom first down was an absolute gift. I fully expected a replay review and was thankful we got the ball snapped for the next play.

Hats off to you. Never in my life would I re-watch a game like that. That game was a crime and Stoops’ fingerprints are all over the crime scene. Safe to say you’re more diehard than I am!

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
2nd half

The official on the UK sideline is lost. Keeps marking people down by where their knees are instead of where the ball is when the player's knee touches.

Using the TE well today both in the run game and passing. How long have we needed that?

I still don't see how CRod got over 100 yards. There were few holes to run through for most of the game...

No hot reads for Levis with Mizzou getting the pressure they're getting. Even more frustrating on replay.

About those spots.......CMS was caught on camera multiple times giving that same sideline official a good country cussing, and I believe that ref used the short spots to show CMS who was the boss.

2nd half

I noticed the poor spots as well. It’s like some games the refs decide they like one team better and that team gets an extra yard or two on spots while the other gets shafted. We seem to be Shaft. You were getting that at Mizzou (Shafted that is)

I noticed the poor spots as well. It’s like some games the refs decide they like one team better and that team gets an extra yard or two on spots while the other gets shafted. We seem to be Shaft. You were getting that at Mizzou (Shafted that is)

The thing is it was random. They got the shaft on one spot after we got the first down and were shafted on it. Then a few plays later, they shorted us a yard again. Then later in the 3rd quarter they gave the tigers an extra yard on one play (different official opposite side) and then shorted them a 1/2 on the next one close to the other sideline.

Mizzou defenders lined up in the neutral zone on the Tigers' side of the line and no calls again this game. Stopped watching after the 3rd quarter for just a bit. Got to watch the 4th still

Considering the actual outcome of that particular play, that phantom first down was an absolute gift. I fully expected a replay review and was thankful we got the ball snapped for the next play.

Yeah before that I was yelling at the TV to sneak it and not give it to Chris because I felt they were keying on him and I didnt like how that looked earlier in the game when we ran the fullback give to him.

I was a big fan of moving him to full back on these short yardage downs a couple of weeks ago and said so but noticed on the first time we did it earlier in this game we didnt run it the same way as before.

Previously we handed it to CROD on the right side where he could just bull forward full speed in the right side A or B gap. But this game we used an inside hand off where he was trying to slant off left gaurd with the ball exposed to the tackler each time. Not sure why the change but it took all his momentum away and killed the speed and explosiveness of the play compared to the other times because he was no longer squared up and bulling foward. I still like the QB sneak on those though when they arent pinched in. That with a pusher behind is almost unfair to stop.

Yes! The play before CRod stretched the ball to the marker before his knee hit, but they spotted it where his knees went down. HORRIBLE spot because he had the 1st down. Should have reviewed the 2nd down spot. He only got 1/2 yard on 3rd down

Next series on 2nd down they short him another yard

Yeah before that I was yelling at the TV to sneak it and not give it to Chris because I felt they were keying on him and I didnt like how that looked earlier in the game when we ran the fullback give to him.

I was a big fan of moving him to full back on these short yardage downs a couple of weeks ago and said so but noticed on the first time we did it earlier in this game we didnt run it the same way as before.

Previously we handed it to CROD on the right side where he could just bull forward full speed in the right side A or B gap. But this game we used an inside hand off where he was trying to slant off left gaurd with the ball exposed to the tackler each time. Not sure why the change but it took all his momentum away and killed the speed and explosiveness of the play compared to the other times because he was no longer squared up and bulling foward. I still like the QB sneak on those though when they arent pinched in. That with a pusher behind is almost unfair to stop.

Yeah, they stuffed him on 1st and goal the same drive from the FB spot

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
4th Q

Great goal line stand to begin the 4th, but they broke contain on 4th and goal from the 1/2 yard mark. Both Wallace and Weaver got suckered on that option play. Great play by Wallace on the 2pt conversion getting his hands up and making the QB overthrow the receiver.

Drive after this on 3rd and 11, Levis panics when the pocket is holding well. Instead of throwing it away or checking down, he runs into the pressure and just gets back to the LOS.

Tired defense gives up some chunk plays on the next drive. Continues to put mizzou in 3rd and really long. Mizzou gets a good spot on 3rd and 12. Maybe 1/2 yard short but is given the first down. Very poor tackling gives Cook a TD and the Tigers the lead. Blown coverage by the S and they ge the 2 Pt conversion. Finally gets the homers in the booth fired up. Lol

Ridiculous squib kick gives UK great field position. They come out throwing with GREAT play action to Dane Key. CRod takes a late hit OOB after an attempted horse collar.

Fkn holding negates ANOTHER fantastic play by Barion Brown, this time on the slip screen. I really hope we keep him here for the future.

Refs made a good call to reverse the fumble call in the field. No question he has control until the ground contact. There's no other contact to the ball or change in its motion until ground contact. Announcers clearly disappointed. Lol. Officials blow the final call, because CRod is down when the back of his WRIST makes contact. Elbow isn't the only contact point on the arm that determines it. Fingers can hit. Palm can hit, but not the back of the wrist, forearm, or elbow.

Dane Key. Great play. Great catch
Great throw. Way to finish!

5:18 left to play. Ajian brings the sledgehammer to the shoulder of the WR, dislodging all sense from Lovett and the football in the process. "Textbook" modern hit. Lots of pressure on the QB from the Cats this drive and great coverage deep causes a check down on 3rd and long to force the punt. 1 announcer gives kudos to the KY D.

Hate to see Goodfellow in so much pain. Makes me angry to see another shitty snap cost us, but this one makes me even more upset. This kid came back here for another season and got torn up because of that snap
Incredible play. What a fkn warrior

Game ball and a bonus

Longest 3min in sports to follow. False start. .... plodding...

Missouri with the ball and 38 sec.

Still have no idea right now how CRod amassed over 110 yards .....

Illegal hands to the face and holding on 1st and 2nd down. They called it on 2nd down, negating a 34 yd gain. Never would've called that correctly if we were playing UGA or UT. HOLDING again but in the end zone on 2nd 2nd down, no call.

On 4th down, JJWeaver climbs the ladder to intercept the lateral and takes a page out of CRod's book nearly scoring a TD with zeros on the clock.

Crowd that started booing when Goodfellow was hurt continues after the final whistle.

Last edited:
Yeah, they stuffed him on 1st and goal the same drive from the FB spot

We went to that well once too often. I am positive we're trying to set up a counter but I think even that might be one call too late. Now the defense should know if they get that look, he isn't getting the ball.

Reactions: Girthang
Question: in college football is a player down when his head hits the ground? I haven’t rewatched but it seemed to me that CROD’s helmet hit the ground before his arm did. Never seemed to factor into the announcers’ analysis.

Reactions: Girthang
Question: in college football is a player down when his head hits the ground? I haven’t rewatched but it seemed to me that CROD’s helmet hit the ground before his arm did. Never seemed to factor into the announcers’ analysis.

Yes, but his wrist and forearm hit first. Good point as they were so focused on the elbow they nearly blew the call altogether.

Reactions: Dead Cat Bounce
At the stadium, they showed CRod 'fumble' about 20 times and every angle was clear that his elbow hit the ground, dislodging the ball; therefore, no fumble. Of course, myself and other long-suffering UK fans felt at least somewhat that somehow the idiot refs would still rule it a fumble.

Drinkwitz' call for the squib was asinine. And, MO gives him a 2-year extension. Sometimes, these coaches just REALLY overthink the game. I understand not wanting to kick it to Brown, but a squib just gave us the ball in pretty good field position and a nice pass + penalty and we're darn near in the red zone. Idiocy.

All in all, MO fans were very nice. Booing Goodfellow was bush league, though (I thought they may have actually been booing the ref who made the call and was nearer their stands but hard to tell). Plus, some drunk sitting above UK section threw a couple of full water bottles down on us at the end of the game. First one hit MO fan right in the face. Second didn't hit anyone. Security was quickly all over those dipshits. Hope they spent the night in jail, banned from the stadium and paid a big fine. No excuse for behavior like that. My impression is that Missouri FB fans have a lot in common with UK - seen a lot of heartbreaking losses and near-wins and just can't quite get over the hump to being really good consistently.

We are sill a very dangerous football team and after Vandy we will go into the home game v Georgia on 11-19-22 with only one L since 10-9-22. Thats Uncle Mo baby. Hopefully we have Square and Jones ready by then too!

Mizzou are a bunch of cheap shot artists with all of their after the whistle garbage. Late hits, grabbing jerseys and not letting go. Refs let so much garbage go in this one leading to it getting put of hand later. PI not being called down the field kept Mizzou in this game.
They pull some real gentlemen out of the finest homes in KC and STL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT