ADVERTISEMENT

Remember those Nitpicks?

Dec 11, 2013
Posted after 32-0 about a couple things we had stopped doing over the past couple of weeks before the tournament.

Passing and pick and roll defense were my 2 biggest ones. Sure enough, Cats get to doing what they do best...share the ball! 17 assists yesterday and 16 today. Now that is how we become a champion. Defense looks tons better on pick and role. They're not automatically switching and keeping an eye out for the pick and roll.

Cats also have gotten their shooting eye back...50% yesterday and 58 today. Cats are officially 'peaking' in my opinion.

GOOO CATS!!!

Now, get Trey moving again and keep KAT out of foul trouble. Oh yeah, hope Booker finds his shot.

3-ball is now a factor again, and in perfect time. Hopefully other coaches take notice and this opens up the floor the rest of the way.

UK had an 8 game stretch where they shot like 45% from there. I hope they can do something even decently close to that in this last 8 game stretch. Through 2 games of the 8...job well done.

It was just a glitch. This team has been an excellent assist team all year, and will continue to be. It's how they play. Skeptic's said you can't mold a team with 9 burger boys. Cal has not only done it, but has a team who plays very unselfishly, a word we're heard over and over in broadcast throughout the year. Nice to see the Cat's hit 7-12 from 3. I think 12-15 is about the right number for this team, and that's an outstanding percentage. Even with Booker going 1-3.

ADVERTISEMENT