ADVERTISEMENT

Release the Hounds

cathouse

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2002
It's game time and gotta beat them Cats.

Sources: Vols safety Jaylen McCollough cleared to play as attorney lays out defense in assault case​

Knoxville attorney Chloe Akers, representing McCollough, filed a motion in Knox County General Sessions Court Wednesday maintaining his innocence and asking for a preliminary hearing to be moved up to the earliest possible date for Nov. 10. It's currently set by the state for Nov. 18.
Akers released a statement on Oct. 21 that McCollough had "resolved this matter" with the University of Tennessee’s Office of Student Conduct & Community Standards following a "thorough investigation."

McCollough had started every game for the Vols up until the Alabama game. He has been practicing and was not suspended by the team.

Tennessee plays Kentucky at 7 p.m. Saturday at Neyland Stadium.

I didn’t post the entire article. Just the highlights for some of our posters who think our student council and athletic department treat our player issues like other schools that we have to compete against every week.

Sometimes you need to give the accused the benefit of the doubt until proven guilty.

That is actually the law according to the constitution. UK needs to rethink how these issues are dealt with going forward.

Rant over. Now beat them jailbirds.

Heupel still hasn't stated JM will play. His only comment after the school cleared JM was that JM's status hasn't changed, which would indicate he still won't play him. I hope he does though, then if he is found guilty then let him be punished accordingly. But right now it is a he said/he said situation.

Heupel still hasn't stated JM will play. His only comment after the school cleared JM was that JM's status hasn't changed, which would indicate he still won't play him. I hope he does though, then if he is found guilty then let him be punished accordingly. But right now it is a he said/he said situation.
I may be mistaken, but isn’t he accused of knocking the alleged victim’s teeth out?

That would seem to be way more than a “He said, she said”.

Reactions: cathouse
I may be mistaken, but isn’t he accused of knocking the alleged victim’s teeth out?

That would seem to be way more than a “He said, she said”.
The accuser claimed he was drunk, entered JM's apartment by mistake, claimed he apologized, walked out, and was hit by JM from behind.

JM and his roommate give a different version of the story. Which is why I said it is a he said/he said situation

I have no idea what happened. But I don't think the accuser'a story makes sense, that he apologized for entering the apartment and was attacked for it. It's possible, of course, just aeems doubtful. It will be worked out in cour. Until then, JM is considered innocent.

Having said that, not sure JH is going to play him unless he is cleared in court. We will see.

ADVERTISEMENT