ADVERTISEMENT

Reid Travis Visit?

Anyone know when he is going to visit Villanova so we can end this? Here’s hoping he picks the right wildcats

Reactions: Montana81
It’s just driving me crazy that all these media outlets call nova a blue blood. If they read this board they’d know that nova can’t be a blue blood because we didn’t win championships in the 40s and 50s.

Why 20 years? Why not 25? Or 30? Better yet 50?

Or what about THE ENTIRE HISTORY of college basketball?

When does the past become irrelevant? 10 years ago? 20? 30? Who sets these parameters?

If you guys are all about, "what have you done for me lately," then why does 2016 count? It's in the past.

This reasoning screams, "We aren't good enough, let's change the rules of the game to make us feel good enough."

I'm gonna start with yesterday. There has never been a college basketball champ and there are no blue bloods.

I don’t think nova is a blue blood. But i don’t blame people who were born in the 80-90s that don’t give two craps about who won championships in the 40s and 50s when the sport wasn’t even integrated yet. Not saying they don’t matter, but most kids just don’t care about those as much as recent ones.

I don’t think nova is a blue blood. But i don’t blame people who were born in the 80-90s that don’t give two craps about who won championships in the 40s and 50s when the sport wasn’t even integrated yet. Not saying they don’t matter, but most kids just don’t care about those as much as recent ones.

Have you guys been that good since the 80s/90s? Serious question I know nothing about you guys other than the last 3 years you’ve obviously been very good but other than that? Have you guys been making lots of final fours or elight eights?

Really. Most kids don't care about 10 years ago and even last year. It is all about today baby. So history is all you have to compare one program with others.

Really. Most kids don't care about 10 years ago and even last year. It is all about today baby. So history is all you have to compare one program with others.

Pretty sure this means Nova is all they care about if they only care about today (by that logic).

Have you guys been that good since the 80s/90s? Serious question I know nothing about you guys other than the last 3 years you’ve obviously been very good but other than that? Have you guys been making lots of final fours or elight eights?

3 Championships, same as UK, since the tournament expanded to 64+. Not as many Final fours, etc.. but I would say strong to quite strong portfolio.

Pretty sure this means Nova is all they care about if they only care about today (by that logic).

3 Championships, same as UK, since the tournament expanded to 64+. Not as many Final fours, etc.. but I would say strong to quite strong portfolio.

you aren't blue blood because you are so desperate for attention and recognition. That's the difference...

if someone says we aren't blue blood we just laugh at you.

you aren't blue blood because you are so desperate for attention and recognition. That's the difference...

if someone says we aren't blue blood we just laugh at you.

I laugh at people when they call Nova a blue blood, same as you. My only point is more and more media outlets call Nova a blue blood. It’s a disgrace to true blue bloods like UK.

I laugh at people when they call Nova a blue blood, same as you. My only point is more and more media outlets call Nova a blue blood. It’s a disgrace to true blue bloods like UK.
Group-Cant-Hold-Back-The-Laughter-Gif-Blazing-Saddles.gif

How many times do you need to bring this thread out of the grave yard? It’s rather odd. This thing started in June. We’re near October now. GET OVER IT.

I just get pissed every time an article comes out and it says Nova is a blue blood. We know it's not true based on what you guys have said. I'm just bumping it to the top to remind everyone that Nova IS NOT a blue blood.

Exactly, the 15 or so MSM reporting on Nova being a blue blood are Fake News. Everyone knows Nova can't be a blue blood because they didn't win a title in the 40s before the sport wasn't segregated.

You shouldn't care what others think, if you want to believe then believe.

I just get pissed every time an article comes out and it says Nova is a blue blood. We know it's not true based on what you guys have said. I'm just bumping it to the top to remind everyone that Nova IS NOT a blue blood.

Imagine having such a huge inferiority complex that you return over a month later to bump a thread on a UK board for some kind of validation.

I’m willing to bet you’re mildy obese with sausage fingers.

Prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: MbergCat

I'm sorry, are you saying you believe Villanova is a blue blood?

Espn also called Michigan a blue blood.

Villanova is one of the best programs out there right now but a blue blood they are not.

I'm sorry, are you saying you believe Villanova is a blue blood?

Espn also called Michigan a blue blood.

Villanova is one of the best programs out there right now but a blue blood they are not.

This is a passive aggressive move by the Nova fan.
This claim that it pisses him off while continually posting stories ON A UK MESSAGE BOARD is utter BS. He’s looking for validation, bless his heart.

Just out of curiosity, who do you considered as blue bloods?

There are 2 blue bloods. UK. UNC. I'm willing to put Duke in there, but it's really just the two. End of story. Everyone else has major flaws in their resume. Nova is not, not sure how many times I can say it. The problem is everyone has a "what have you done for me lately" mindset and that's why so many media outlets call Nova a blue blood.

There are 2 blue bloods. UK. UNC. I'm willing to put Duke in there, but it's really just the two. End of story. Everyone else has major flaws in their resume. Nova is not, not sure how many times I can say it. The problem is everyone has a "what have you done for me lately" mindset and that's why so many media outlets call Nova a blue blood.

Well you weren't trying but you're close to right. UK UNC* Duke Ucla (the titles) and Kansas are the only "blue bloods" in the way we've always expressed it. Villanova is the next tier, with a few others like Michigan State. Why are you acting like a child? You're team is in good company. Villanova has a top 10 program imo. You're just not a blue blood.

This is a passive aggressive move by the Nova fan.
This claim that it pisses him off while continually posting stories ON A UK MESSAGE BOARD is utter BS. He’s looking for validation, bless his heart.

Whomp him with a frying pan!

3YzUjf.gif

26577f6e41d359355c5042a0663cda42.gif

Reactions: Bkocats
Well you weren't trying but you're close to right. UK UNC* Duke Ucla (the titles) and Kansas are the only "blue bloods" in the way we've always expressed it. Villanova is the next tier, with a few others like Michigan State. Why are you acting like a child? You're team is in good company. Villanova has a top 10 program imo. You're just not a blue blood.

Can’t let Kansas in with 3 titles. Nova has 3 titles and we’re not close. Might as well put crappy IU in there because they have 5. UK and UNC are the locks. Duke is on the fringe. Kansas and Nova could get in if they keep up the good work for the next 50 years.

Can’t let Kansas in with 3 titles. Nova has 3 titles and we’re not close. Might as well put crappy IU in there because they have 5. UK and UNC are the locks. Duke is on the fringe. Kansas and Nova could get in if they keep up the good work for the next 50 years.
You are such a passive aggressive prick.

ADVERTISEMENT