ADVERTISEMENT

Reid Travis Visit?

Apparently you don’t appreciate what it means to be a blue blood, (yes, I know you said Villanova was not). This comment right here is one of the many things that separate us, the BBN, from the next tier. We know our history, we pass it down and yes...we talk about it and NEVER forget
That is why schools like yours will never attain the status of blue blood no matter how many titles.
Bless your heart

She done opened a can of....

giphy.gif

EquatorialAffectionateGrouse-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: kev69 and Bkocats
College basketball blue bloods are IU, UCLA, Kansas, Kentucky, Duke and UNC. That will never change. To argue that shows a lack of understanding of the phrase "blue blood" as it pertains to college basketball.

Nova could some day surpass all of those programs in terms of achievements and measure able success and they still won't be a college basketball blue blood.

Reactions: lacocat and wcc31
College basketball blue bloods are IU, UCLA, Kansas, Kentucky, Duke and UNC. That will never change. To argue that shows a lack of understanding of the phrase "blue blood" as it pertains to college basketball.

Nova could some day surpass all of those programs in terms of achievements and measure able success and they still won't be a college basketball blue blood.

So if IU continues to suck for the next 30 years -- making it 60 years since they were seriously relevant, they would be a blue blood?

Reactions: lkc1234

Not so sure about Indiana....

So if IU continues to suck for the next 30 years -- making it 60 years since they were seriously relevant, they would be a blue blood?

Look I didn't invent the term. So maybe I'm wrong. I just never took it as a title of overall success necessarily but as one of success in a certain era. IU, UK, Duke, UCLA, Kansas and UNC are the original greats of college basketball. That's what I thought that term was supposed to mean.

Am I wrong on this?

Look I didn't invent the term. So maybe I'm wrong. I just never took it as a title of overall success necessarily but as one of success in a certain era. IU, UK, Duke, UCLA, Kansas and UNC are the original greats of college basketball. That's what I thought that term was supposed to mean.

Am I wrong on this?

How are Duke and IU in the same category if you say "original" greats. IU has been to 1 Final Four since Duke won its first championship. They were never good during the same time period so the "original" greats idea is dumb.

Media outlets now call Nova a blue blood which I don't agree with. But your definition is definitely off.

IU is not a Blue Blood today. That is only in the mind of IU fans.

IU is not a blue blood, don't understand why people say they are. They had one good stretch. I agree if people call IU a blueblood than so is Nova. IMO neither are.

Reactions: Rush2112 UK
I don't need anything from you. You guys are the kings of college basketball despite only winning 1 championship of the last 20. It doesn't matter, you guys are blue bloods -- we are not (in my opinion). There's nothing you can say that would make me think we are a blue blood, I'll have to come to that conclusion on my own.

I think we will be if we can win 2 more championships and make 5 more final fours in the next 10 years. That type of dominance gets you in the club given the rest of Nova's history.
Your timeline is hilarious. You basically discredit 1998 even tho I'm certain 1998 was 20 years ago. And discredit 1996. And use that as your argument? That's why you're not a blueblood lol.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Also not only do we have the most wins, we have BY FAR the best winning% which is most important to me. Pretty sure UNC has like 100 more losses.

What is more arbitrary, 20 or 23? People say 5, 10, 20, 25, 30, 50, 100 championships . No one says 23 unless it fits their agenda. Kentucky has won 1 championship in the last 20. No one, and I mean NO ONE, thinks Nova is a better program than Kentucky. Not now, if you only use a 20 year window. Not ever. But you guys are being ridiculous by not learning how to count even after I've done it for you.

1) UConn - 1999
2) Michigan State - 2000
3) Duke - 2001
4) Maryland - 2002
5) Syracuse - 2003
6) UConn - 2004
7) UNC - 2005
8) Florida - 2006
9) Florida - 2007
10) Kansas - 2008
11) UNC - 2009
12) Duke - 2010
13) UConn - 2011
14) Kentucky - 2012
15) Louisville - 2013
16) UConn - 2014
17) Duke - 2015
18) Villanova - 2016
19) UNC - 2017
20) Villanova - 2018

What is more arbitrary, 20 or 23? People say 5, 10, 20, 25, 30, 50, 100 championships . No one says 23 unless it fits their agenda. Kentucky has won 1 championship in the last 20. No one, and I mean NO ONE, thinks Nova is a better program than Kentucky. Not now, if you only use a 20 year window. Not ever. But you guys are being ridiculous by not learning how to count even after I've done it for you.

1) UConn - 1999
2) Michigan State - 2000
3) Duke - 2001
4) Maryland - 2002
5) Syracuse - 2003
6) UConn - 2004
7) UNC - 2005
8) Florida - 2006
9) Florida - 2007
10) Kansas - 2008
11) UNC - 2009
12) Duke - 2010
13) UConn - 2011
14) Kentucky - 2012
15) Louisville - 2013
16) UConn - 2014
17) Duke - 2015
18) Villanova - 2016
19) UNC - 2017
20) Villanova - 2018

To avoid being arbitrary, just start at the beginning.

To avoid being arbitrary, just start at the beginning.

Yawn. You guys act like I think Nova is a blue blood. We're having a nice stretch, it's not a good look to be sour about it. UK Is the greatest program in history, end of story. But frankly, I can't enjoy how great those 40s and 50s teams were because there's barely any footage and no one outside of this message board knows any of the players. People watch the games now and there is real evidence they happened.

1) UConn - 1999
2) Michigan State - 2000
3) Duke - 2001
4) Maryland - 2002
5) Syracuse - 2003
6) UConn - 2004
7) UNC - 2005
8) Florida - 2006
9) Florida - 2007
10) Kansas - 2008
11) UNC - 2009
12) Duke - 2010
13) UConn - 2011
14) Kentucky - 2012
15) Louisville - 2013
16) UConn - 2014
17) Duke - 2015
18) Villanova - 2016
19) UNC - 2017
20) Villanova - 2018

Sorry I'm new to this thread so don't know the context, but that is selective data. Kentucky has won 1 of the last 20, 2 of the last 21 or 3 of the last 23. Pick your data set.

Yawn. You guys act like I think Nova is a blue blood. We're having a nice stretch, it's not a good look to be sour about it. UK Is the greatest program in history, end of story. But frankly, I can't enjoy how great those 40s and 50s teams were because there's barely any footage and no one outside of this message board knows any of the players. People watch the games now and there is real evidence they happened.

Not sure I necessarily consider Nova as a blue blood since it’s just the 3 titles, with one not really being one of the top teams (but still a title).But definitely one of the top teams in the country right now and have a chance to be special with Wright at the helms. Nova is my favorite non UK team to cheer for because you all get talented guys who stay and Wright seems like a great guy. I think most of the negativity coming your way is our want for Travis.

For the Nova fan; all 3 of Villanova's titles are my most favorite non-UK title years ever:

1985 beat hated Georgetown
2016 beat the cheaters on a heart breaking shot
2018 Nova instead of Duke or Kansas

Reactions: bucsrule8872

1) UConn - 1999
2) Michigan State - 2000
3) Duke - 2001
4) Maryland - 2002
5) Syracuse - 2003
6) UConn - 2004
7) UNC - 2005
8) Florida - 2006
9) Florida - 2007
10) Kansas - 2008
11) UNC - 2009
12) Duke - 2010
13) UConn - 2011
14) Kentucky - 2012
15) Louisville - 2013
16) UConn - 2014
17) Duke - 2015
18) Villanova - 2016
19) UNC - 2017
20) Villanova - 2018
What's arbitrary is ignoring 2 years very close to the 20 year window you've assessed and pretending that 20 years is so much more important than other things such as 22 years for whatever reason only because if you say 22 or 25 your choice, then it's 3. You only say 20 so you can discredit 2 titles that were 20 and 22 years ago.

Also you said 20 years not 20 seasons. But clearly you're using 20 because it fits YOUR agenda best, and then say people are saying differently because it fits THEIR agenda after YOU came up with the agenda fueled number. Good one! But you're clearly delusional, and by begging for us (the pentacle of success) to recognize you all is as a blueblood is truly pathetic. And yes we recognize national titles in the 40's and 50's. Even if you weren't alive. There were people who saw those championships. Not gonna pretend any part of history didn't happen just because of technological advances.

Not sure I necessarily consider Nova as a blue blood since it’s just the 3 titles, with one not really being one of the top teams (but still a title).But definitely one of the top teams in the country right now and have a chance to be special with Wright at the helms. Nova is my favorite non UK team to cheer for because you all get talented guys who stay and Wright seems like a great guy. I think most of the negativity coming your way is our want for Travis.
Lol the negativity isn't for Travis a player we've known is a lock for awhile. It's a Nova fan trying to argue history with UK BBall fans and the relevance of it.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
I will give credit where credit is due, Nova is definitely the best program over the last three years.

Enjoy your stay on top, it usually doesn't last long.

We've experienced similar runs on more than one occasion.

Travis to UK is a lock, we're picking up another verbal today from Saddiq Bey. I would love if UK and Nova scheduled a Home/Neutral/Away series from 2019-2021. We've generated a pretty nice rivalry with KU lately (beaten them 3x in a row, last two in the tournament), I think top programs playing each other regularly adds to credibility.

Reactions: bucsrule8872
That would be a great OOC game. To me the big question for Nova is can you all keep your coach now and if not who do you replace him with?

That would be a great OOC game. To me the big question for Nova is can you all keep your coach now and if not who do you replace him with?

Jay's not going anywhere. He's at Nova until he retires, hopefully many, many years from now.

When he does retire, he's building a pretty solid coaching tree that will hopefully continue his program values and success.

Would LOVE a series with UK. I'll let Jay and Cal know. ;)

Reactions: chroix
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...eads-nba-draft-prospects-way-too-early-top-25

"Villanova is a blue blood program that just had four players drafted, including three in the first round. Coach Jay Wright will reload without those players and will rely on Paschall, who could become the next Wildcats star to sign an NBA contract."

So sick of all these media outlets calling Villanova a blue blood. Don't they friggen read this board and understand we are NOT!!! a blue blood unless we can win 10 more championships over the next 25 years?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...eads-nba-draft-prospects-way-too-early-top-25

"Villanova is a blue blood program that just had four players drafted, including three in the first round. Coach Jay Wright will reload without those players and will rely on Paschall, who could become the next Wildcats star to sign an NBA contract."

So sick of all these media outlets calling Villanova a blue blood. Don't they friggen read this board and understand we are NOT!!! a blue blood unless we can win 10 more championships over the next 25 years?

Yaaaawn

ADVERTISEMENT