ADVERTISEMENT

Reid Travis Visit?

Update, he is a lock for U.K. Looks like Nova’s run of dominance is over and U.K will be back to being the real blue blood instead of new $ Nova. Anything less than a Final Four for UK next year is a big time disappointment.

Reactions: wildbrew
What part of these arguments don’t you understand? No one, not a single person, is comparing Villanova to UK. The only thing I’ve said is many media outlets and announcers commonly refer to Villanova as a blue blood. You are lying to yourself or not paying attention if you don’t recognize that.

For the record, i don’t think nova is a blue blood. I don’t get to control who gets the title and I agree If there’s a debate then you’re prolly not. All I said is people these days call nova a blue blood. None of the above is up for debate because they are facts and my opinion that we ARE NOT a blue blood.

Why do you require our validation ?

Reactions: railroadkat_1
You are entitled to your opinion. I have my own. I hate IU and could be easily swayed to remove them from elite status.

But based on my criteria, I cannot.

IU had two titles before Bobby Knight arrived.

They have fallen on hard times, but you can't discount five decades of bball just because they haven't won a title in 3 decades.

Once again, it's more than titles. IU played in the title game in 2002. They have consistently made the tourney. They have had All-Americans.

They are the decline, for sure, but in nearly 80 years of bball, they have been relevant for a large chunk of it.

Look at the entire body of work, not just the past 20 or 30 years.

30 years is a long time to suck.

Why do you require our validation ?

I don't need anything from you. You guys are the kings of college basketball despite only winning 1 championship of the last 20. It doesn't matter, you guys are blue bloods -- we are not (in my opinion). There's nothing you can say that would make me think we are a blue blood, I'll have to come to that conclusion on my own.

I think we will be if we can win 2 more championships and make 5 more final fours in the next 10 years. That type of dominance gets you in the club given the rest of Nova's history.

I don't need anything from you. You guys are the kings of college basketball despite only winning 1 championship of the last 20. It doesn't matter, you guys are blue bloods -- we are not (in my opinion). There's nothing you can say that would make me think we are a blue blood, I'll have to come to that conclusion on my own.

I think we will be if we can win 2 more championships and make 5 more final fours in the next 10 years. That type of dominance gets you in the club given the rest of Nova's history.

lol you do though. It’s glaringly obvious you come to this board in attempts to get some sort of validation. I wouldn’t say you’re obsessed , but... something is amiss. You guys are on a roll , it’s awesome for your program yet... here you are trying to seek validation from a bunch of Kentucky fans on their message board

You’re essentially a poor mans Uconn/ UF at this point.

Edit- I know you were trying to be a subtle smartass but it’s actually 2 titles in 20 years... how did you put it “in the last 21 championships” lmao ... wtf does that even mean?

Reactions: Fox2monk
lol you do though. It’s glaringly obvious you come to this board in attempts to get some sort of validation. I wouldn’t say you’re obsessed , but... something is amiss. You guys are on a roll , it’s awesome for your program yet... here you are trying to seek validation from a bunch of Kentucky fans on their message board

You’re essentially a poor mans Uconn/ UF at this point.

Edit- I know you were trying to be a subtle smartass but it’s actually 2 titles in 20 years... how did you put it “in the last 21 championships” lmao ... wtf does that even mean?

No, I think I was right in how I described it. In the last 20 championship games, Kentucky has won one of them. Please see below:

1) UConn - 1999
2) Michigan State - 2000
3) Duke - 2001
4) Maryland - 2002
5) Syracuse - 2003
6) UConn - 2004
7) UNC - 2005
8) Florida - 2006
9) Florida - 2007
10) Kansas - 2008
11) UNC - 2009
12) Duke - 2010
13) UConn - 2011
14) Kentucky - 2012
15) Louisville - 2013
16) UConn - 2014
17) Duke - 2015
18) Villanova - 2016
19) UNC - 2017
20) Villanova - 2018

I don't think anyone would consider UF a better basketball program than Villanova, let alone a Poor Mans UF.

Nova has more:
Championships
Championship Game Appearances
Final Fours
Elite 8s
Sweet 16s
Tournament Appearances
Conference Tournament Championships
Regular Season Championships

Nova is not going to go to 5 FF's in the next ten years
you guys had a great 3 year run, that is over
until 3 years ago Nova was a distant after thought in the basketball world

with all that talent in your backyard, why did it take JW so many years to win a championship?

Nova is not going to go to 5 FF's in the next ten years
you guys had a great 3 year run, that is over
until 3 years ago Nova was a distant after thought in the basketball world

with all that talent in your backyard, why did it take JW so many years to win a championship?

With the #1 or #2 recruiting class every year for the last decade, why has UK only won once? It's friggen hard to win, you guys know that. With all of the talent Calipari has, how come he only has one championship? He can blame Derrick Rose for missing that FT, but he still needs to own the fact he only has 1.

With the #1 or #2 recruiting class every year for the last decade, why has UK only won once? It's friggen hard to win, you guys know that. With all of the talent Calipari has, how come he only has one championship? He can blame Derrick Rose for missing that FT, but he still needs to own the fact he only has 1.

you never answered my question
why did JW underachieve for so many years?
Nova hit lightning in a bottle just like UF did
the cork is off the bottle and your run is over

I'd be willing to bet the average college basketball fan has no idea what state Villanova is in. That fact alone disqualifies you from blue blood status. Nobody cares. You guys are having an incredible run though. Enjoy it....but remember...UCONN was in your same shoes not so long ago. Now they trash. Garbo.

you never answered my question
why did JW underachieve for so many years?
Nova hit lightning in a bottle just like UF did
the cork is off the bottle and your run is over

From 05-09
S16
E8
1st Round
S16
Final Four

Fairly solid stretch for a non-blue blood.

2010-2013 -
Miss

Very Down, no doubt. Couple of knucklehead ball hogs, disrupted chemistry. Though Nova was ranked in the top 5 throughout the 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 seasons.

2014-2018
2014 - Winningest program in basketball. Early exit to UConn who won the championship as you guys remember

2015 - Whole team went basically 0-fer the whole game against NC State

2016- Champions against the hardest path in history (apart from Nova 1985)
2017 - Lost to a solid Wisconsin team
2018 - dominated the ncaas without any doubt.

Couple of bad years, for sure. But it's not like he sucked. Even Cal missed the tourney one year, same as JW.

Right or wrong, Cal's plan is to make the kids in each freshmen class millionaires after one year by sending them to the "League." Each year he starts over.

From 05-09
S16
E8
1st Round
S16
Final Four

2010-2013 -
Miss

Very Down, no doubt. Couple of knucklehead ball hogs, disrupted chemistry. Though Nova was ranked in the top 5 throughout the 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 seasons.

2014-2018
2014 - Winningest program in basketball. Early exit to UConn who won the championship as you guys remember

Couple of bad years, for sure. But it's not like he sucked. Even Cal missed the tourney one year, same as JW.

in the time JW has been at Nova how many FF's does he have
i think he has, correct me if i am wrong
1 FF
2 Championship games (won both) in what about 18 years or so

in the time JW has been at Nova how many FF's does he have
i think he has, correct me if i am wrong
1 FF
2 Championship games (won both) in what about 18 years or so

Good points but if he has two championship games he has two final fours, unless the one you are counting is as far as he got that season, then it would be three final fours. I do not care enough to look it up but the numbers won't lie...;)

UK
From 05-09
S16
E8
1st Round
S16
Final Four

2010-2013 -
Miss

2014-2018

Impressive.

Have a few more periods like that over the next 50 years and then we will talk about sending you a Blue blood membership card.

UK

Impressive.

Have a few more periods like that over the next 50 years and then we will talk about sending you a Blue blood membership card.

I’d settle for another 5 years like our last 5 (winningest of all programs and two ships). Hard to deny people with 5 championships in 3 different decade a blue blood card (as admitted by U.K. fans about Indiana in this thread).

I’d settle for another 5 years like our last 5 (winningest of all programs and two ships). Hard to deny people with 5 championships in 3 different decade a blue blood card (as admitted by U.K. fans about Indiana in this thread).

If Nova had only started a little bit earlier with their winning ways, they would already be there or at least close.

Once again, it takes more than titles to be a Blue blood.

Time is not on their side, because the past cannot be changed.

And at this point in history the door for entry is pretty much closed for everyone.

Might not be locked and bolted, but it's going to have to be kicked in and Nova hasn't kicked hard enough.

Who rules this decade?

Duke- 2 titles.

Nova- 2 titles.

UK- 1 title, 1 title game, 2 Final Fours.

UK has twice as many Final Fours, but titles carry heavier weight.

My vote is Nova over Duke, but Duke has probably had more wins in the whole decade and more deep runs.

Pretty easy to answer why we don't have more ships under Cal. Higgins! Best team in 15 and best team in 16. Fox team screwed and Towns team screwed by one shitty lil man.

If Nova had only started a little bit earlier with their winning ways, they would already be there or at least close.

Once again, it takes more than titles to be a Blue blood.

Time is not on their side, because the past cannot be changed.

And at this point in history the door for entry is pretty much closed for everyone.

Might not be locked and bolted, but it's going to have to be kicked in and Nova hasn't kicked hard enough.

Right, the past definitely can’t change. But people care 100x more about 2010-2018 then they did about 1940-1948.

In 2058 people will care about 2050-2058 more than they care about 2010-2018.

Legends never die, but you think any average fans can tell you anything about ncaa basketball from 1940-1970?

Right, the past definitely can’t change. But people care 100x more about 2010-2018 then they did about 1940-1948.

Legends never die, but you think any average fans can tell you anything about ncaa basketball from 1940-1970?

And in 2058, you will be arguing that Nova is a better program than Trump University because they have been around longer and have a better history, despite the fact that the Fighting Apprentices have three titles in their short 20 year history.

As you get older, history becomes more important to you because you have lived more of it.

As you get old enough you die off and no one remembers the history enough to even talk about it. This is especially true for games played before the 70s because so few were televised. History will be more impactful in today’s game than in the 40s because we can actually talk about the great moments and relive them because of video.

As you get old enough you die off and no one remembers the history enough to even talk about it. This is especially true for games played before the 70s because so few were televised. History will be more impactful in today’s game than in the 40s because we can actually talk about the great moments and relive them because of video.

Spoken like...a youngster.

Reactions: Fox2monk
You're a piece of work, and a punk with it. There were some Florida fans here playing the same game you are about 10 years ago. We rarely see them anymore. You'll be just as scarce soon.

Of course, they have football to fall back on. What else do you all do? Hockey?

Nice that you leave out the 96 and 98 championships.

You're a piece of work, and a punk with it. There were some Florida fans here playing the same game you are about 10 years ago. We rarely see them anymore. You'll be just as scarce soon.

Of course, they have football to fall back on. What else do you all do? Hockey?
Water Polo

Apparently you don’t appreciate what it means to be a blue blood, (yes, I know you said Villanova was not). This comment right here is one of the many things that separate us, the BBN, from the next tier. We know our history, we pass it down and yes...we talk about it and NEVER forget
That is why schools like yours will never attain the status of blue blood no matter how many titles.
Bless your heart

Update, he is a lock for U.K. Looks like Nova’s run of dominance is over and U.K will be back to being the real blue blood instead of new $ Nova. Anything less than a Final Four for UK next year is a big time disappointment.
What happened today for you to declare him a lock for us? Just curious because I didn’t see anything new.

I didn’t leave them out because I specified 20 years not 23.

Why 20 years? Why not 25? Or 30? Better yet 50?

Or what about THE ENTIRE HISTORY of college basketball?

When does the past become irrelevant? 10 years ago? 20? 30? Who sets these parameters?

If you guys are all about, "what have you done for me lately," then why does 2016 count? It's in the past.

This reasoning screams, "We aren't good enough, let's change the rules of the game to make us feel good enough."

On this board, as UK fans, yes we can tell you about 1940-1970 because we are Blue bloods and care about our history. The fact that you don't says alot about being a Nova fan.

Reactions: Bkocats
I didn’t leave them out because I specified 20 years not 23.
Exactly because it meets your agenda.

Nova fans are like the Florida fans 10 years ago. They'll disappear in a year or 2. Nova is going to take a step back next year and it's not a guarantee they'll recover.

Last edited:

What’s new for UK?

4 final fours in 9 years under Cal, plus 2 elite eights. Most anything but a final four is a disappointment.

ADVERTISEMENT