ADVERTISEMENT

Reid Travis Visit?

Y’all arent the real wildcat blue blood trust me. Lmao appreciate your info
I'd like to have two in the last three years, stating facts doesn't make the OP a bad guy and he certainly isn't rubbing it in. Facts are facts, you don't have to like them, and as the old saying goes "facts are stubborn things."

90% will say Villanova? 90% of people in Philly wouldn't say Villanova my friend. This has been a good 3 year run for your little program. Remember UConn? They had a good stretch also. Here's logic 101 for you. You can't frame an argument regarding the historical greatness of basketball programs by cherry picking the best 20 or 30 years that give your team the edge. That's a logical fallacy my friend. I'll explain that if need be.

"There's another guy that uses that "my friend" stuff real easy..."...-Cpt. J. Cutter

Lmao. In 5 years, nova will be accustomed to doing what they do best and that's doing the Nova thing, early exits and being a nonfactor. Yall did have a helluva three year stretch where I heavily pulled for you. You will not stay at the top tho as you're not a blueblood that's built to stay at the top. Sometimes good but not great programs are going to have its day, and you have yours Nova. Now for the rest of time the historically great programs will continue to do exactly that, be historically great. And Nova will continue to do what they do, and that's Nova. Just like uconn, except they're moreso a poor man's uconn if anything.
"built to stay at the top"...what does that look like, exactly?

Arrogance? If expecting a certain level of respect is arrogance, then so be it.
Respect is earned. Anyone who "expects" it doesn't deserve it.

Actually, 1998 was 21 Championships ago, but who can count. Kentucky is a top 3 program. Nothing to scoff at. Nova has moved into the top ten. Not Blue Blood, but darn special. We both would like this kid. I hope we play each other more often moving forward.
These arguments are funny. 21 championships ago, 20 years is 20 years. 98 is 20 years ago. Villanova has has 2 championships in 3 years, and you're trying to compare it to the 8 time NCAA champion, most wins all time KYwildcats. Laughable

You must not watch or read about NCAAb outside of this forum. We’re not calling ourselves a blue blood, nearly every media outlet does that for us (ESPN/nbc/cbs/sports nation/etc...)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...-best-is-to-turn-villanova-into-duke-2-0/amp/

http://m.espn.com/general/play?id=23008688

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nc...ampionship-win-over-michigan-affirms-wildcats

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sb...stories-title-jay-wright-redshirts-recruiting

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/villanova-wildcats/martelli-were-witnessing-blue-blood-no-4-villanova?amp

If you ask any non duke unc Kentucky or Indiana fan, they will say Nova is a blue blood. Those schools want to protect their identity because they are a bit insecure of others success.
So if you ask any actual Blue Blood they say no....ok

Just maybe we know what it takes to be a blue blood and history, tradition and winning are all components of this. Also, wouldn’t talk about being insecure when you have to come here and try to get validation.

You must not watch or read about NCAAb outside of this forum. We’re not calling ourselves a blue blood, nearly every media outlet does that for us (ESPN/nbc/cbs/sports nation/etc...)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...-best-is-to-turn-villanova-into-duke-2-0/amp/

http://m.espn.com/general/play?id=23008688

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nc...ampionship-win-over-michigan-affirms-wildcats

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sb...stories-title-jay-wright-redshirts-recruiting

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/villanova-wildcats/martelli-were-witnessing-blue-blood-no-4-villanova?amp

If you ask any non duke unc Kentucky or Indiana fan, they will say Nova is a blue blood. Those schools want to protect their identity because they are a bit insecure of others success.

We have been telling you this entire thread that we are happy for your success and we are admitting you've had a great 3 year run, better than us... what else do you want? We are the furthest from being insecure. You're doing great! You're just not a blueblood. That's something you'll never reach. Hell I don't even consider Duke a Blueblood. They have possibly the greatest coach ever but without that single coach they would be nothing more than a minor blip on the radar. Nova? They aren't even close to Duke.

I didn't read your links, know why? Because we know what a blueblood is we don't have to rely upon others (i.e. the media) to tell us. If you want validation from the media then you aren't a blueblood, simple as that.

Again, I am happy for you. If you play any of the other blueblood programs then I'm certainly pulling for you. I like your coach, seems like he knows what he's doing. You all need to be in a real conference but other than that I think you are on your way up.

...great work...
Lol, great work? Don't you understand the fact that you have the experts right here telling you the truth?

If you have to argue your way into blueblood status then you don't belong. We hate UNC and Kansas and just about every other blueblood but they are accepted into the fraternity. Blueblood recognize blueblood and you all are non-recognizable.

Just don’t understand why everyone gets so jumpy and protective on a message board. It’s like little man syndrome.

Not many people like getting their shoes P_SSED in. Not much more complicated than that. Come to my house and P_SS on the floor there will be trouble. I am only speaking for me but I sense that is how many in this thread are taking it too. (Make no mistake, that is what was/ is happening.)

... I'm thinking one year...

Ken Pomeroy
@kenpomeroy

Post-deadline computer top 10: 1) Kansas, 2) Duke, 3) Villanova, 4) Nevada, 5) Virginia, 6) North Carolina, 7) Syracuse, 8) Gonzaga, 9) Tennessee, 10) Kentucky, 11) West Virginia.
You can't do what Cal does. You can't start over. Actually I pay so little to your team tell me, who is returning and how good are they?
Also, when you get to 8 titles, All time wins, All time tournement wins, sweet 16's FF, then you can open ur mouth.

You're just like UF, a flash in the pan then nothing but crickets. Our program is the gold standard of college basketball. Seriously? You might be 25th.

Lol, great work? Don't you understand the fact that you have the experts right here telling you the truth?

If you have to argue your way into blueblood status then you don't belong. We hate UNC and Kansas and just about every other blueblood but they are accepted into the fraternity. Blueblood recognize blueblood and you all are non-recognizable.

What part of these arguments don’t you understand? No one, not a single person, is comparing Villanova to UK. The only thing I’ve said is many media outlets and announcers commonly refer to Villanova as a blue blood. You are lying to yourself or not paying attention if you don’t recognize that.

For the record, i don’t think nova is a blue blood. I don’t get to control who gets the title and I agree If there’s a debate then you’re prolly not. All I said is people these days call nova a blue blood. None of the above is up for debate because they are facts and my opinion that we ARE NOT a blue blood.

Not many people like getting their shoes P_SSED in. Not much more complicated than that. Come to my house and P_SS on the floor there will be trouble. I am only speaking for me but I sense that is how many in this thread are taking it too. (Make no mistake, that is what was/ is happening.)
Alright man. Get pissy on a message board. Whatever helps ya sleep at night.

What part of these arguments don’t you understand? No one, not a single person, is comparing Villanova to UK. The only thing I’ve said is many media outlets and announcers commonly refer to Villanova as a blue blood. You are lying to yourself or not paying attention if you don’t recognize that.

For the record, i don’t think nova is a blue blood. I don’t get to control who gets the title and I agree If there’s a debate then you’re prolly not. All I said is people these days call nova a blue blood. None of the above is up for debate because they are facts and my opinion that we ARE NOT a blue blood.

Well I respect that. However if you read post #13 you'll see that your brethren clearly states that Nova is a Blueblood and he continued to argue the point. That's the reason we have been explaining all the reasons why Nova doesn't fit into Blueblood status. Which btw, isn't an insult. There are many teams that are great teams that just aren't blueblood and we respect that.

THIS IS ALL A SEMI-ELABORATE RUSE.

VILLANOVA HAS 6 FANS.

Nova is not a blue blood. They have no historical contributions to the sport or any sort of legacy. They have no fan base. They have no notoriety. Villanova is infinitely closer to being the flavor of the month rather than basketball royalty.

Also, to some of you other people, talking about pissing in floors and in shoes, you folks are into some strange shit.

Stop crying, you showed up without an invite and act like we owe you something when infact if you remove the last 3 years your nothing but a regular college. If you were really a blue blood you wouldn't need to go to other sites to try to prove your something special because we would just respect you for your resume.Most sites would just ban you for pulling that on their forums. People here have given you props for your last 3 years and complimentary of your coach. If you want more than that then buckle down and put in the work the next 15-20 years.

Last edited:
THIS IS ALL A SEMI-ELABORATE RUSE.

VILLANOVA HAS 6 FANS.

Nova is not a blue blood. They have no historical contributions to the sport or any sort of legacy. They have no fan base. They have no notoriety. Villanova is infinitely closer to being the flavor of the month rather than basketball royalty.

Also, to some of you other people, talking about pissing in floors and in shoes, you folks are into some strange shit.

You resemble that remark.

Last edited:
Two national championships the past three seasons is nice. I hope we get to celebrate the feeling. I do promise if it happens I will not go to other boards and debate fans over trivial issues and nonsense. I will use my time feeling good about our Cats.

Reactions: 4UK4Life
in fairness, I'm not talking about pissing in my floors or in my shoes.

Glad you're into fairness, whatever that gets you. Peace of mind? Or piece of a mind? Contentment? Or contentiousness? You so smart. Glad you joined your udder brudder that was defending the BS from the visitor. You be the proper one.[eyeroll]

(Someone at some time must have.....P_SSED in your Wheaties...o_O)

Two national championships the past three seasons is nice. I hope we get to celebrate the feeling. I do promise if it happens I will not go to other boards and debate fans over trivial issues and nonsense. I will use my time feeling good about our Cats.

we have got to experience that feeling
we almost had three in a row

Reactions: BBUK

fair enough . To be honest though I have never heard an announcer say that. I have heard them say Nova is one of the elite teams of the last few years . But someone somewhere could of said it . And as you say they are not a blue blood as that has to be earned over 40-100 years . That is why UCLA despite having the most titles isn't the best program ever.

Cliché comeback. Also, it does not apply. UK has definitely earned it.
Yep...UK basketball (the program and it's success) does demand respect...no argument. But some fans on this board, demand that fans of other programs respect them by default, for simply claiming to be UK fans. That's not earning respect, but demanding it. These fans deserve no respect, not because they're UK fans, but because they're dysfunctional misfits who have NO civility. As so-called fans, they are a smaller part of the entire fan base and program and as such, make all UK Rivals board members look bad in the process. I've been around these various UK boards going back to the Microtek days and I will say that over the years MANY interesting conversations were had on these boards with competing fans and done so in a civil and respectful way. That all changed when the dysfunction began to raise it's ugly head. Those interesting and insightful guys left quietly, leaving the boards to the vocal misfits reducing the conversation to a lowest common denominator. Who wins? No one. Congratulations.

Last edited:
Reactions: gocatsdotuk
Yep...UK basketball (the program and it's success) does demand respect...no argument. But some fans on this board, demand that fans of other programs respect them by default, for simply claiming to be UK fans. That's not earning respect, but demanding it. These fans deserve no respect, not because they're UK fans, but because they're dysfunctional misfits who have NO civility. As so-called fans, they are a smaller part of the entire fan base and program and as such, make all UK Rivals board members look bad in the process. I've been around these various UK boards going back to the Microtek days and I will say that over the years MANY interesting conversations were had on these boards with competing fans and done so in a civil and respectful way. That all changed when the dysfunction began to raise it's ugly head. Those interesting and insightful guys left quietly, leaving the boards to the vocal misfits reducing the conversation to a lowest common denominator. Who wins? No one. Congratulations.

That's cool. I don't expect you to respect me. You don't know me or what I do.

I do expect anyone who has any knowledge of college basketball to respect UK, though.

Reactions: Nuke99m and BBUK

Yeah they did. Try reading the thread.

Who demanded respect as a fan? No one. Cute argument but no basis for it. Go back to your board and seek validation there.

As a historian, I look at the entire history of college bball.

The truly elite programs. The true Blue Bloods.

UK
UNC (though it's tarnished after the scandal)
Duke
KU
Indiana (though they have fallen on hard times)
UCLA (ditto)

That's the six, IMHO.

Won multiple titles. Been fairly consistent throughout college bball history. Have connections to the greatest coaches and players in college bball history.

Nova and UConn are new arrivals to the party. They haven't been consistent long enough to be considered truly elite, historically speaking. With sustained excellence over the next 50 years or so, along with other factors, they could move into elite status.

But for now, it's six that are head and shoulders above the rest.

Those are the true Blue Bloods.

As a historian, I look at the entire history of college bball.

The truly elite programs. The true Blue Bloods.

UK
UNC (though it's tarnished after the scandal)
Duke
KU
Indiana (though they have fallen on hard times)
UCLA (ditto)

That's the six, IMHO.

Won multiple titles. Been fairly consistent throughout college bball history. Have connections to the greatest coaches and players in college bball history.

Nova and UConn are new arrivals to the party. They haven't been consistent long enough to be considered truly elite, historically speaking. With sustained excellence over the next 50 years or so, along with other factors, they could move into elite status.

But for now, it's six that are head and shoulders above the rest.

Those are the true Blue Bloods.

I was born in 1988 (I am 29) . Duke had 0 championships 29 years ago when I was born, but they are a blue blood. When I was a sophomore in college (2009), Duke had 3 championships. I was 20 at the time. If someone was born in the year 2000, Nova has the same number of championships as Duke had 9 years ago.

I think it’s pretty ridiculous to say Nova needs 50 more years of success to be called a blue blood. You’re gonna stand there and tell me if Novas wins 2 more championships in the next 5 years they aren’t a blue blood with 5?

Reactions: wildbrew
ADVERTISEMENT