ADVERTISEMENT

Reid Travis Visit?

... I'm not disregarding history just stating that your recent history since the tournament expanded is not nearly as good as your past history....and we're here to challenge and surpass your recent history...face it... accept it... it'll make it easier...

I have nothing left to say until you actually look at numbers. Since 1984 it’s still not even close in the slightest. I have great respect for the Villanova program. But to act like analyzing 34 years of history helps you is absurd. You’re just ignoring fact.

I have nothing left to say until you actually look at numbers. Since 1984 it’s still not even close in the slightest. I have great respect for the Villanova program. But to act like analyzing 34 years of history helps you is absurd. You’re just ignoring fact.

... you brought Villanova into it... my comment is not talking about Villanova...it's comparing your past history to your recent history...we feel moving forward we are comparable programs... ask any college basketball analyst as of today who is the best program in America right now...90% will say Villanova...

...I thought maybe some added information on Travis would be welcomed.. information from any semi reliable source on our Scout board is....guess I was wrong...btw a little success is one championship in the last 20 years...the real Wildcat blue blood program now has two in three years which is much more than a little success....
Don't be so thin skinned wildbrew. You were doing fine until this post. I haven't read the rest of the thread. Remember, you're on a UK fan board. You will get some pushback whether you deserve it or not. That's the nature of any message board. Expect it. Accept it. You'll be fine. I'm gonna read the rest of the thread and see how you did.

... you brought Villanova into it... my comment is not talking about Villanova...it's comparing your past history to your recent history...we feel moving forward we are comparable programs... ask any college basketball analyst as of today who is the best program in America right now...90% will say Villanova...
90% will say Villanova? 90% of people in Philly wouldn't say Villanova my friend. This has been a good 3 year run for your little program. Remember UConn? They had a good stretch also. Here's logic 101 for you. You can't frame an argument regarding the historical greatness of basketball programs by cherry picking the best 20 or 30 years that give your team the edge. That's a logical fallacy my friend. I'll explain that if need be.

... you brought Villanova into it... my comment is not talking about Villanova...it's comparing your past history to your recent history...we feel moving forward we are comprable programs... ask any college basketball analyst as of today who is the best program in America right now...90% will say Villanova...
Since you want to use the 64-team era as the frame of reference... here are the significant numbers, UK vs. Villanova, 1985-2018:

Titles: Tied 3-3
Final Fours: UK leads 8-4
Wins: UK leads 80-40

More regarding consistency:
*Villanova has missed the NCAA tournament 12 times in the last 34 years (85-18); UK has missed only 5, with 3 of those due to a post-season ban incurred by probation

*Longest gaps (yrs) between achievements:
Final Four: Villanova 24 (85-09), Kentucky 13 (98-11)
Elite 8: Villanova 18 (88-06), Kentucky 6* (86-92)
Wins: Villanova 8 (97-05); Kentucky 4* (88-92)
*due to post-season ban

Villanova has nowhere near the NCAA tournament success as Kentucky since '85, with UK doubling their FF and overall wins figures. There's not much validity in considering only NCAA titles, which would suggest, for example, that Louisville and Florida have been as successful as Kansas in the 64-team era, or that UConn is the equal of North Carolina.

In terms of consistency... it's hard to comprehend, from our perspective, the futility of going nearly a quarter century without a Final Four, or nearly 2 decades without reaching a regional final.

In the 64-team era, Villanova has been nowhere near Kentucky as far as NCAA tournament success goes. As for being "comparable" going forward, good luck. We have far more resources, we're undeniably one of the sports historic bluebloods, and you're no longer in a Power 5 conference. I'll take that draw any time.

...I thought maybe some added information on Travis would be welcomed.. information from any semi reliable source on our Scout board is....guess I was wrong...btw a little success is one championship in the last 20 years...the real Wildcat blue blood program now has two in three years which is much more than a little success....
P6UJh0S.jpg

Scroll down and you’ll find Villanova coming in at a respectable #21, a cool 20 positions behind the number 1 team The University of Kentucky Wildcats. Thanks for playing. Good day.

Last edited by a moderator:

You’re beyond help at this point. You make 84’ a focal point of your argument. You hear why the last 34 years aren’t comparable. Now you switch to the last few years. You’re consistently cherry picking arguments and failing. It’s the same reason why you’re here talking basketball in June and not on a Nova basketball board. We run this shit, even when we don’t win the championship.

This is your only medium to discuss basketball meaningfully (as poorly as you have). The more I engage with you the more I realize you haven’t graduated Nova, you’re too stupid. I could at least respect that.

Nah, it’s just sad at this point. When you hit troll status it just becomes pathetic.

Reactions: Rush2112 UK
No one is arguing the two programs are historically even close. Most nova fans agree it’s not even that close since 85 (because of the 90s).

What we can state as a fact is that Nova is regularly called a blue blood by announcers on tv. Nova is regularly written about with the preface blue blood. Most team fans have their own designation of what a blue blood is to protect their status, but the general public associates the Villanova brand as a blue blood.

I’m not going to start putting out time frames to show how good Nova has been since x or y date. But the population is getting older. People have instant access to info and the younger generations see Nova as a dominant program. Hopefully the train keeps moving and we can make some strides to pass the Kansas/Indianas of the world by 2030.

Reactions: wildbrew
Also includes when Kentucky beat Villanova in the first round in 2007. Kentucky lost by 12 to Kansas in the next round..

No one is arguing the two programs are historically even close. Most nova fans agree it’s not even that close since 85 (because of the 90s).

What we can state as a fact is that Nova is regularly called a blue blood by announcers on tv. Nova is regularly written about with the preface blue blood. Most team fans have their own designation of what a blue blood is to protect their status, but the general public associates the Villanova brand as a blue blood.

I’m not going to start putting out time frames to show how good Nova has been since x or y date. But the population is getting older. People have instant access to info and the younger generations see Nova as a dominant program. Hopefully the train keeps moving and we can make some strides to pass the Kansas/Indianas of the world by 2030.

No one calls Nova a Blueblood program, lol. I watch a ton of Basketball and have never heard a tv personality use Nova and Blueblood in the same sentence. Sorry bud.

I'm really happy y'all have had some success recently, I really am, but please stop trying to convince us that you're on our level, it really is pathetic and it really makes your fan base look bad. They dont deserve that.

My lord how many accts does this Nova troll dude have unless he is texting all his buddies and telling them to help him troll. Only on RR does this sorcery happen.

Was wondering the same thing actually. If these are in fact different people then I'm willing to wager we have more Nova fans infesting our board than there are on their own board. And that says a lot about them.

Reactions: BassProCat
Was wondering the same thing actually. If these are in fact different people then I'm willing to wager we have more Nova fans infesting our board than there are on their own board. And that says a lot about them.
It does but I think it's the same person.

...we are Nova strong....we have an extremely active board and tons of posters but we are on Scout....a lot of us like coming here to see what's up with the second best program in America... trying to see what you guys think it's going to take to catch us at as the number one program in America right now...

[laughing] If Kentucky won 2 championships in college football in the last 3 years the only reason I'd go to a Michigan or Ohio state or Alabama or Notre Dame board and try and tell them Kentucky has surpassed them in football tradition would be to get a rise out of them and annoy them, and Kentucky is in the freaking SEC.

I honest to god don't even know what conference Villanova is in. I rooted hard for you guys the last 2 championships, in the exact way I rooted hard for Gonzaga last year. Jay Wright is a smooth mofo, and I love your style of play. Good luck to you guys and I will continue to root for you in the tournament if you play Duke, UNC, Louisville, Kansas, Indiana, etc as will 99% of the rest of Kentucky fans because we really don't give a shit about you and would rather you win than an actual blue blood. And that's the honest to god truth.

This thread is so silly .How did a thread about travis become some UK vs Nova thing ? That is a absurd thing to even argue. Over the past 3 years overall Nova has been better but add just one year to that and UK has had a better 4 years . So in 100 years Nova has a had one 3 year better stretch . Congrats.
You really think Kentucky had a better last 4 years than Villanova? And they got two championships in the last 4 years?

You're going to suck next year! Jay has benefited from having players stay while everyone else has had players leaving. That's over now! Enjoy going back to mediocrity. :)
It will be interesting to see how Nova will respond after losing so many top players from their team. Will they simply brush it off like real blue bloods do or will they fold? It could go either way.

...we are Nova strong....we have an extremely active board and tons of posters but we are on Scout....a lot of us like coming here to see what's up with the second best program in America... trying to see what you guys think it's going to take to catch us at as the number one program in America right now...

Official Jump the shark moment right here. Before you were just a overly excitable fan now you're just an idiot that must be bored.

Reactions: 4UK4Life
This thread is so silly .How did a thread about travis become some UK vs Nova thing ? That is a absurd thing to even argue. Over the past 3 years overall Nova has been better but add just one year to that and UK has had a better 4 years . So in 100 years Nova has a had one 3 year better stretch . Congrats.

The thing is that most of us have been very politely informing the nova fan that there isn't a comparison. I think patience is wearing thin, its about to get ugly I fear.

Remember the old saying, "You brought a knife to a gun fight?"

This comes to mind when Nova fans argue with UK fans about their bball programs.

Though it's more like a knife and a ballistic missile. [roll]

Reactions: Sithlyone and kat57
Don't give these Nova fanboys the time of day. They are doing nothing but trying to elevate themselves by even speaking with us about who the basketball blue bloods are and historical basketball success.

Nova has a good 3-year run going. No one denies that but no one outside of SE PA speaks of them as a blue blood.

Reactions: Sithlyone
Since you want to use the 64-team era as the frame of reference... here are the significant numbers, UK vs. Villanova, 1985-2018:

Titles: Tied 3-3
Final Fours: UK leads 8-4
Wins: UK leads 80-40

More regarding consistency:
*Villanova has missed the NCAA tournament 12 times in the last 34 years (85-18); UK has missed only 5, with 3 of those due to a post-season ban incurred by probation

*Longest gaps (yrs) between achievements:
Final Four: Villanova 24 (85-09), Kentucky 13 (98-11)
Elite 8: Villanova 18 (88-06), Kentucky 6* (86-92)
Wins: Villanova 8 (97-05); Kentucky 4* (88-92)
*due to post-season ban

Villanova has nowhere near the NCAA tournament success as Kentucky since '85, with UK doubling their FF and overall wins figures. There's not much validity in considering only NCAA titles, which would suggest, for example, that Louisville and Florida have been as successful as Kansas in the 64-team era, or that UConn is the equal of North Carolina.

In terms of consistency... it's hard to comprehend, from our perspective, the futility of going nearly a quarter century without a Final Four, or nearly 2 decades without reaching a regional final.

In the 64-team era, Villanova has been nowhere near Kentucky as far as NCAA tournament success goes. As for being "comparable" going forward, good luck. We have far more resources, we're undeniably one of the sports historic bluebloods, and you're no longer in a Power 5 conference. I'll take that draw any time.

Good god. I honestly thought it was MUCH closer than that.

Laughable. A poor man’s UCONN.

You must not watch or read about NCAAb outside of this forum. We’re not calling ourselves a blue blood, nearly every media outlet does that for us (ESPN/nbc/cbs/sports nation/etc...)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...-best-is-to-turn-villanova-into-duke-2-0/amp/

http://m.espn.com/general/play?id=23008688

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nc...ampionship-win-over-michigan-affirms-wildcats

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sb...stories-title-jay-wright-redshirts-recruiting

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nb...were-witnessing-blue-blood-no-4-villanova?amp

If you ask any non duke unc Kentucky or Indiana fan, they will say Nova is a blue blood. Those schools want to protect their identity because they are a bit insecure of others success.

You must not watch or read about NCAAb outside of this forum. We’re not calling ourselves a blue blood, nearly every media outlet does that for us (ESPN/nbc/cbs/sports nation/etc...)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...-best-is-to-turn-villanova-into-duke-2-0/amp/

http://m.espn.com/general/play?id=23008688

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nc...ampionship-win-over-michigan-affirms-wildcats

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sb...stories-title-jay-wright-redshirts-recruiting

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/villanova-wildcats/martelli-were-witnessing-blue-blood-no-4-villanova?amp

If you ask any non duke unc Kentucky or Indiana fan, they will say Nova is a blue blood. Those schools want to protect their identity because they are a bit insecure of others success.

...great work...

Nova is not yet established as a historically great program. Not yet. It's that simple.

As for the next 50 years, based on historical precident, KY remains the one to beat.

Interesting takes from the media; more evidence that we've indeed become a "microwave society," and amnesiac as well. One five year stretch of excellence and voila! Instant blueblood. [roll]

Not so long ago- indeed, within the "modern, 64-team" era most of you cling to- you were mired in a 24-year Final Four drought, as well as suffering through a pathetic 18 year gap between regional finals and a dozen seasons that ended with no NCAA invite at all.

Hit-and-run media types who know very little about NCAA history and/or turn a blind eye to it may rush to anoint you as a "blueblood," and will certainly find a gullible public ready to be so duped. Everyone else remembers just how mediocre you've been for long, long stretches in the recent past, and will wait a few decades or so to see if it doesn't happen again.

You look foolish. Going around throwing expletives at people who hurt your feelings over the Internet ?

Grow up man, it’s not that serious
Foolish. No...maybe tired. Tired of arrogance from some UK fans on this board that make sport of treating visiting fans, who have been civil, like trash. It's embarrassing and it denigrates the entire fanbase. In your mind, "it's not that serious"...maybe because you see it as sport. Small mind, small man. It is serious, and it's not sport, especially when the guy didn't deserve that treatment and disrespect. Speaking of respect, if you can't give it, you sure as hell don't deserve it.

Interesting takes from the media; more evidence that we've indeed become a "microwave society," and amnesiac as well. One five year stretch of excellence and voila! Instant blueblood. [roll]

Not so long ago- indeed, within the "modern, 64-team" era most of you cling to- you were mired in a 24-year Final Four drought, as well as suffering through a pathetic 18 year gap between regional finals and a dozen seasons that ended with no NCAA invite at all.

Hit-and-run media types who know very little about NCAA history and/or turn a blind eye to it may rush to anoint you as a "blueblood," and will certainly find a gullible public ready to be so duped. Everyone else remembers just how mediocre you've been for long, long stretches in the recent past, and will wait a few decades or so to see if it doesn't happen again.
Look at the last nine years. 7 early outs

Reactions: Rush2112 UK
Nova is not yet established as a historically great program. Not yet. It's that simple.

As for the next 50 years, based on historical precident, KY remains the one to beat.
"the one to beat"...yep, and exactly what's been happening TO UK. Historically great depends on the chosen sample size. What if Nova fans want to choose a historical sample size of the past three years? They be kickin' ass I suppose. Bottom line is that they have every right to celebrate that success and UK fans should applaud them. After all, we remember what that felt like in '96 and '98. That kind of success is rare and should be recognized especially by UK fans when another program does it. We have no right to denigrate Nova fans nor their high-achieving BB program. Can they continue and sustain that level of success? Doesn't matter.

Lmao. In 5 years, nova will be accustomed to doing what they do best and that's doing the Nova thing, early exits and being a nonfactor. Yall did have a helluva three year stretch where I heavily pulled for you. You will not stay at the top tho as you're not a blueblood that's built to stay at the top. Sometimes good but not great programs are going to have its day, and you have yours Nova. Now for the rest of time the historically great programs will continue to do exactly that, be historically great. And Nova will continue to do what they do, and that's Nova. Just like uconn, except they're moreso a poor man's uconn if anything.

ADVERTISEMENT