ADVERTISEMENT

Reid Travis Visit?

Lol what is with all these posters with 1 post all of a sudden trolling. I get the feeling it's the same person...
I’ve been on rivals since 2001. Our board moved to scout/247 a couple years ago so I am no longer a paid subscriber here. I only post under this name. Can’t speak for anyone else and not throwing shade. Love college hoops and my teams recent success after some of our talented teams underperformed In the Post season. Love coach Cal too. Grew up in the 413 when he was at UMass.

Last edited:
I’ve been on rivals since 2001. Our board moved to scout/247 a couple years ago so I am no longer a paid subscriber here. I only post under this name. Can’t speak for anyone else and not throwing shade. Love college hoops and my teams recent success after some of our talented teams underperformed I’m the Post season. Love coach Cal too. Grew up in the 413 when he was at UMass.
Wasn't directed at you.

Reactions: Bruiser1
I think you may have. You must really like the word snark.

I just like to use the correct term for the correct person. If you show up to show off it may be better to stay where you were.This is UK board.

Did Kentucky ever win a national championship in Philadelphia? No. Did Villanova ever win a national championship in Lexington? Yes. #1985. Kentucky did have an epic game in Philadelphia though...Christian Laettner says hold my drink. “Wildcats”.
Hey look, someone wants to sit at the big boy table. You’ve beaten us once (30 years ago) in your history and that win was vacated. That makes us 6-0 against your small city college. Know your role in the College Basketball food chain.
WKy6t9z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey look, someone wants to sit at the big boy table. You’ve beaten us once in your history and that win was vacated. That makes us 6-0 against your small city college. Know your role in the College Bsketball food chain.
WKy6t9z.jpg

Now he really better run along...

... my understanding is that Stanford is on the quarter system so classes don't end until June 13 so the release might not come until then...that's what the thinking is here....

I didn’t read all the comments so this might have already been mentioned, but some people have been saying that his classes ended this past Wednesday, the same day players had to decide to stay in the draft or return to college which is why both stories came out the same day (wenyen Gabriel and Jared Vanderbilt staying in the draft and Reid officially transferring). So I think you are partially right because the Stanford not releasing him part makes sense. I appreciate your addition to the conversation as an outsider but I wish you bad luck in getting him. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: wildbrew
That’s funny because I was pulling for UK to win the title this year but I didn’t think it would matter either.

At least one of our teams won. Just sayin.

Based on recent success I would guess your fandom is 3 years old? Reflection of your toddler intelligence and conviction. Because based on this logic you had nothing to write home about for the past 30 years preceding the last 3.

Based on recent success I would guess your fandom is 3 years old? Reflection of your toddler intelligence and conviction. Because based on this logic you had nothing to write home about for the past 30 years preceding the last 3.

... since the tournament expanded to 64 + teams Kentucky has 3 championships and Villanova has 3 championships....who should write home to who?...33 years is a good chunk of time to talk about no?...

Reactions: jvm3
... since the tournament expanded to 64 + teams Kentucky has 3 championships and Villanova has 3 championships....who should write home to who?...33 years is a good chunk of time to talk about no?...

Villanova has 17 Sweet 16’s in it’s history. Kentucky’s 17th Sweet 16 was in 1973.

Villanova has 13 Elite 8’s. Kentucky’s 13th Elite 8 was in 1968.

Villanova has 5 Final Fours. Kentucky’s 5th final four was in 1958.

Any other questions? Or do you still feel on the same level?

This is gold. I love how you critique your own logic. Please continue.

So by my calculations your current program is about the same stage we were in in the 1960’s. WOW! INCREDIBLE! I wasn’t born until 1993, so as far as I’m concerned, you won’t exist for another 30 years. See ya then.

Villanova has 17 Sweet 16’s in it’s history. Kentucky’s 17th Sweet 16 was in 1973.

... we know your history but would you agree since the tournament expanded to 64 + teams which is 34 years it's close..

Tremendous. No more questions from me.

To be clear, I don’t feel to be on the same level.

Respect. The trolling Auburn fans who come here like to act like history doesn’t exist. It’s comical, but replying to them can be quite redundant. I actually cheered for you guys this year because I named my dog Nova.

... we know your history but would you agree since the tournament expanded to 64 + teams which is 34 years it's close..

Championship wise? Sure absolutely. But overall? No, I’m not one that subscribes to the idea that only championships matter. Final fours, elite 8’s, and hell sweet 16’s matter.

With that said, I have huge respect for the program Villanova has built. All class players as well.

It’s all in good fun. Actually like Calipari and you have a good shot at Travis.

Good to hear there are people out there that actually like him. He’s done tremendous things for the community here. I feel the same for Jay Wright. He seems like a cool dude.

Reactions: wildbrew and jvm3

Kentucky has won 128 ncaa tournament games to your all’s 64. We have doubled you. So whether there was 6 rounds or 2, we have 64 more tournament wins than you. We have 8 titles to your 3. We have 17 final fours. You have six five. We don’t need to even debate the two programs. You can make whatever stat you want and spin it however you wish, but you all aren’t even in the conversation with us. If you believe so, you’re delusional. We can argue with unc, duke and Kansas about all time programs and still come out on top. You all aren’t mentioned. Why do you believe there’s a debate? Why are you even trying it? Villanova is the little engine that could. Lots of people like nova and cheer for them. Hey, notice everyone was cheering for you all over unc? That’s not because the country likes the big successful team. They like to root for the little guys. (Pssst. That’s you!)

Sorry. Basic math isn’t my strength like most of you Kentucky “grads” but it’s easy to figure out being the #1 business school and the #1 basketball school in the country is pretty impressive for a “small town city college”. Bruce Weber and John Higgins say they enjoyed your elite 8 appearances...

Reactions: wildbrew and jvm3
I believe the correct word is “passed” but I didn’t graduate from your fine University. Typical myopic view. “The List” must be a doozy. I would love to see that.

Oh, you got me on the typo. Truly put me in my place. LOL!

Sorry. Basic math isn’t my strength like most of you Kentucky “grads” but it’s easy to figure out being the #1 business school and the #1 basketball school in the country is pretty impressive for a “small town city college”. Bruce Weber and John Higgins say they enjoyed your elite 8 appearances...

Your current program currently resembles what UK’s was in the 1960’s. In the 60’s the population of Lexington was 50-60k. So congrats, you’re us 50 years ago except for the business school, which I’m sure is actually awesome.

Respect. The trolling Auburn fans who come here like to act like history doesn’t exist. It’s comical, but replying to them can be quite redundant. I actually cheered for you guys this year because I named my dog Nova.
Kentucky has won 128 ncaa tournament games to your all’s 64. We have doubled you. So whether there was 6 rounds or 2, we have 64 more tournament wins than you. We have 8 titles to your 3. We have 17 final fours. You have six five. We don’t need to even debate the two programs. You can make whatever stat you want and spin it however you wish, but you all aren’t even in the conversation with us. If you believe so, you’re delusional. We can argue with unc, duke and Kansas about all time programs and still come out on top. You all aren’t mentioned. Why do you believe there’s a debate? Why are you even trying it? Villanova is the little engine that could. Lots of people like nova and cheer for them. Hey, notice everyone was cheering for you all over unc? That’s not because the country likes the big successful team. They like to root for the little guys. (Pssst. That’s you!)

...dude, the comment of mine that you quoted again is referring to post dinosaur era...in the last 34 years the programs are close...before that we understand it's all you get over it... no Villanova guy would argue with your history from '39 through '84...

I love the "lets create a timeframe that fits our argument" types.

UofL fans think college bball started in 1980. Duke fans think it started in 1991. UConn fans think it began in 1999.

I guess that is what you do when you have little history and tradition. I wouldn't know since I was born and raised a fan of the greatest tradition in college bball.

Now run along, newbies. I respect your program and its coach, but until you show some respect to your "elders" I will show you none.

Goodbye.

...dude, the comment of mine that you quoted again is referring to post dinosaur era...in the last 34 years the programs are close...before that we understand it's all you get over it... no Villanova guy would argue with your history from '39 through '84...

Since 84 the total wins, tournament appearances, tournament wins, Sweet 16’s, Elite 8’s, and final fours aren’t even close. So no, they aren’t. Try again. I’ll be here

Let's not get ridiculous.

...I thought maybe some added information on Travis would be welcomed.. information from any semi reliable source on our Scout board is....guess I was wrong...btw a little success is one championship in the last 20 years...the real Wildcat blue blood program now has two in three years which is much more than a little success....

Hey now, don't start talking shit. You've done well recently but you're not a blue blood yet bro.

...look it's nice to have Sweet Sixteens and all the rest but maybe it's just me it's the Championships that count...you have 8 we have 3...we both have 3 in the modern era and the bottom line like most things in life it's what have you done for me lately that counts... with that in mind we're going to be perennial contenders with more to come...get used to it... there's a new sheriff in town...

...look it's nice to have Sweet Sixteens and all the rest but maybe it's just me it's the Championships that count...you have 8 we have 3...we both have 3 in the modern era and the bottom line like most things in life it's what have you done for me lately that counts... with that in mind we're going to be perennial contenders with more to come...get used to it... there's a new sheriff in town...
New sheriff in town? [eyeroll] Lotta hat with not enough cattle son. [smoke]

Same argument Duke fans have made, same argument Florida fans have made, same argument Arkansas fans have made, same argument UConn fans have made, same argument the next up and coming program will make. Disregarding history is a common tactic to discredit Kentucky.

We were here before you, we were here during you, and we will be here long after you’re gone.

I’ve actually rooted for Nova the past few years but morons like you on here might change that. You’re using the same retard logic UofL fans bring up. Final Four seasons do not equal early round tourney flameouts which have happened plenty of times for you guys under Jay Wright. To be in the discussion of being a perennial contender it’ll most definitely require more than two seasons.

I love this thread... these little tykes come here spouting "Blueblood" nonsense and when they are proven wrong they revert to the "1984 till now" garbage.

Here is a lesson for ya.... to be a "blueblood" you have to be good for longer than than 34 years. You haven't even been relevant for that entire time.

So stop changing the argument and go back to your board. You aren't even close to being a blueblood. You're a nice story that everyone likes right now.

Here's another lesson for you. Every single game we play is on national tv. Every single game we play is packed with raving lunatics. We probably play in more t-shirt games in a year than you've played in 10 years. Why? Because we are a true blueblood, we are everyone's Superbowl, even on down years. Nobody outside of BBN truly roots for us, we are the Darth Vader of college basketball and everyone wants to see us fall.

When your school constantly succeeds under those pressures then come talk with us. Till then you're just a pretender.

Same argument Duke fans have made, same argument Florida fans have made, same argument Arkansas fans have made, same argument UConn fans have made, same argument the next up and coming program will make. Disregarding history is a common tactic to discredit Kentucky.

We were here before you, we were here during you, and we will be here long after you’re gone.

... I'm not disregarding history just stating that your recent history since the tournament expanded is not nearly as good as your past history....and we're here to challenge and surpass your recent history...face it... accept it... it'll make it easier...

OMG @nova fans lolz! I love how every single fanbase comes to us to try and find credibility on their program.. Yawn Glad Nova has won and knocked of UNC couple years ago etc.. They have kept few others down etc... I will move Nova to 3rd tier line on the blue blood scale.. When they have had a program where 5 different head coachs have taken their program to a title then they can move up list..UK is the only program to truly sustain success throughout different coaching changes etc.. It's facts and history just look it up! UK has been a blue blood and always will be the King Blue blood. ..Before Cal and after UK will always be the Gold standard program period.. that being said Jay Wright has done a outstanding job period.. I am curious what will happen when Wright moves on from Nova? That being said what will happen to few others when they lose their head man the only head man to win a title at that (whoever)school. I know the day we Loose Cal Kentucky will have a coach that will be able to make that run and if not he will be replaced very soon.. Back to all other fanbase wanting credit and they come to who else but UK fans and message boards. It's a fact and has always been, so don't feel bad it's been on this board since it has been existence. UF, UCONN, UL, KU, many many more fanbase's.... It is here and it will always continue to be. IT IS WHAT IT IS!!! it's kind of cute! it's like the lil brothers looking for that respect from the old brother. It is just the facts..

... I'm not disregarding history just stating that your recent history since the tournament expanded is not nearly as good as your past history....and we're here to challenge and surpass your recent history...face it... accept it... it'll make it easier...

Cherry picking dates is what losers do. Don't be a loser son.

Your up and coming school is doing well for itself so don't soil its good name around here. Just be happy with your recent successes and don't fly to close to the sun.

You're on level 2 of a 10 level game and Kentucky is the final boss. There are no level skips or cheat codes. When you get to level 9, get back to us. That's just the way it is. You have a decent school with some recent success. Congrats on that. You want blue blood status while claiming history doesn't matter when that's what a blue blood is all about....decades of success. Ask Florida, they'll tell you how this goes if you're looking for spoilers.

Oh yeah NCAA titles is just part of being the Greatest program. Let's see FF's All time wins,How many coaches have won it, Conference domination ,AA's who have played, even NBA players.. pretty sure Kentucky reigns in just about all of that. Plus to prove its not all about titles look at UCLA they had 11 but some don't even have them on tier 2 of the blue blood line.. Kentucky is and always will be the Gold standard period..Like I said when other fans are coming to us saying they are this and that etc.. It just validates my point..UConn did that alot hhmmmm where have they been lately. Good chance UK cuts the nets down again pretty soon as well. It is what it is don't be mad enjoy what you have but Nova will never over take UK let alone Duke and UNC.. I can see them passing Kansas and few others.. that's about it

ADVERTISEMENT