ADVERTISEMENT

Reid Travis to UK according to sources

Hard to understand why PJ , Gabe, VB, has drug this out to the last min. looks like they would have known last wk..

can anyone summarize the past four hours for me. I’ve been busy and early on my timeline it was all “Reid Travis expected to UK” now all I see is “Reid Travis could go to Villanova” what’s this all about?

Hard to understand why PJ , Gabe, VB, has drug this out to the last min. looks like they would have known last wk..

You are thinking too logically. You must think like a kid who is trying to expand their brand. The longer they drag it out the more we hear their name and talk about them. Seems like these kids understand the hype part of the game more than they do the fundamentals.

There have been championships lost because of poor FT%. We lost a game last year in the sweet 16 because of it. Very important part of the game.
I just did the math. If Travis hit 75% of his free throws instead of 67% he would have averaged .51 more points per game. So he’s leaving an average of less than a point on the board per game. We’re gonna complain about that when he’s a polished inside scorer and pulls down 9 boards?

Reactions: Ky grandpa
You are thinking too logically. You must think like a kid who is trying to expand their brand. The longer they drag it out the more we hear their name and talk about them. Seems like these kids understand the hype part of the game more than they do the fundamentals.
Sigh.....here we go again. Sadly.

Reactions: brianpoe
He declared that he’s pulling his name out and transferring. That much we know. The buzz is all Kentucky but Jeff goodman said that with Spellman officially leaving Nova that they could have a chance. That’s the long and short of it. The rest is just all of us bickering about who we’d prefer to have and why we shouldn’t take Travis because he should shoot free throws 5% better.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
Most expect him to be at UK . The Nova stuff is from one source and that is the douche wad Jeff " my eyes are way 2 close together" goodman . So basically we should end up with Reid. And the people who would know have been saying this for a month so props to them. I know most of them stick to the civilized side of this board ( HOB) but none the less props to them.

He declared that he’s pulling his name out and transferring. That much we know. The buzz is all Kentucky but Jeff goodman said that with Spellman officially leaving Nova that they could have a chance. That’s the long and short of it. The rest is just all of us bickering about who we’d prefer to have and why we shouldn’t take Travis because he should shoot free throws 5% better.
In a nut shell.

Reactions: KYJamm
Most expect him to be at UK . The Nova stuff is from one source and that is the douche wad Jeff " my eyes are way 2 close together" goodman . So basically we should end up with Reid. And the people who would know have been saying this for a month so props to them. I know most of them stick to the civilized side of this board ( HOB) but none the less props to them.
Knock it off, you don't have a clue about this .You predict we get every player 99 percent of the time you are wrong. It makes you look like a bigger idiot, everyone on here is not a homer like you.,

Knock it off, you don't have a clue about this .You predict we get every player 99 percent of the time you are wrong. It makes you look like a bigger idiot, everyone on here is not a homer like you.,
The OP asked for a summarization of the lastest news on this situation.

Cane did exactly what the OP asked. His summary was accurate based on what has been reported today.

He had to know Spellman was leaving. The guy isn't great at school. He could have already committed there if he wanted to. It appears it's dependent on what the UK trio does.

He is correct! The HOB has been calling Reid to UK for
A month now

Pretty much this. I know it’s their decision, etc.. but odd that all 3 of our guy are some of the last to announce. I mean if Gabriel is going to leave it will be for overseas so idk what waiting is going to do. He’s not even a fringe player for the draft. Vanderbilt also in a similar boat. Not sure what waiting until the last minute will change. Washington is the only one I can understand waiting to see what other guys go pro.

There have been championships lost because of poor FT%. We lost a game last year in the sweet 16 because of it. Very important part of the game.
No, just a very obvious part of the game, which leads people to wildly overstate its importance.

The 2 best FT shooting teams in UK history both played in the NIT. And no one was complaining much in 1993 when Jamal Mashburn shot 67%.

The idea that every guy on a roster is going to be a 70%+ FT shooter is idiotic. If a team has good big guys, it makes it highly, highly unlikely, since A LOT of bigger players struggle with FT's.

No, you don't want PJ Washington struggling to stay above 60%, but to even comment on a 67.5% FT shooter as if it's cause for major concern is just plain ridiculous.

No, just a very obvious part of the game, which leads people to wildly overstate its importance.

The 2 best FT shooting teams in UK history both played in the NIT. And no one was complaining much in 1993 when Jamal Mashburn shot 67%.

The idea that every guy on a roster is going to be a 70%+ FT shooter is idiotic. If a team has good big guys, it makes it highly, highly unlikely, since A LOT of bigger players struggle with FT's.

No, you don't want PJ Washington struggling to stay above 60%, but to even comment on a 67.5% FT shooter as if it's cause for major concern is just plain ridiculous.

We didn't just lose because of FTs, just like we didn't just lose to WVU in 2010 because we bricked 28/32 3's. There are numerous factors to the outcome of a close loss or a close win. We shot well from 3 and the FT line against Wisconsin in 2015 and still lost the game sadly.

Wonder if PJ returning affects Reid to UK at all? Pretty similar players
Not a problem with that so much IMO as if all three of our guys return
Honestly I’m hoping for WG to come back and get Travis. Nothing against Vanderbilt but after his shenanigans when he could have played plus his injury prone status....

Reactions: UK_fan_41102
The national average in FT% was 71.4%.

67% is just fine lol.

BTW there's more correlation to offensive efficiency from having the ability to get to the free throw line vs actual FT%. That's not to say it's not important because it is but it's way overstated.

Honestly I’m hoping for WG to come back and get Travis. Nothing against Vanderbilt but after his shenanigans when he could have played plus his injury prone status....

My thoughts exactly.

Reactions: Bkocats
Matt Jones periscope made it clear Vanderbilt and Cal weren’t on the same page the whole year. That tells me he could be the one leaving. Just a bizarre situation from the beginning.

Matt Jones periscope made it clear Vanderbilt and Cal weren’t on the same page the whole year. That tells me he could be the one leaving. Just a bizarre situation from the beginning.
That too
Plus WG would be a junior, he can hit threes and free throws and tbh there is just something I like about the kid. He’s all heart

Reactions: irishcat1965
ADVERTISEMENT