ADVERTISEMENT

Reid Travis to UK according to sources

If true, means PJ is not returning, IMO.

Of course PJ isn't returning. Anyone thinking otherwise was fooling themselves. He'll get someone that will "bite" late in the 2nd round and that's all he and his dad needs. That garbage about 1st round/2nd round a while back was just that - garbage.

PJ reminds me of Orton with regards to how obvious it is that he wants to get out of school. Only difference is that at least PJ is decent. Orton was a laugh.

Reactions: chroix and JFCats22
Vanderbilt is the key to us being really special next year. PJ and Wenyen are good and would be great to have too, but you just can't duplicate what JV brings from a rebounding energy guy. He is super unique in his ability as a junkman type player that every great team has had and he's the one guy I want back bad. If healthy and in year two I think he's be special to watch and perfectly compliments the other guys no matter who else is out there. He doesn't get in the way of any other players because he's unique as junkman.
If healthy...therein lies the rub. I'm very skeptical that we will ever see a truly healthy JV. He seems as brittle as Big Sam...

Recruiting has been superb. I was talking more about March-April.

One bad officiated game and fluke shot from the Final Four last year. I don't think anyone thought the 2016 or 2018 UK teams were any threat to do anything.

I'd like to see 2018 this year with a healthy Vanderbilt and how far they would have went. Didn't happen though.

Apparently, Reid Travis never blocks shots. His blocks per 40 minutes is 0.1. For perspective, Nick Richards’ per-40 blocks is 2.4.

Or, put another way, Travis had only 4 blocks for the entire 2017-18 season, even though he averaged 34 minutes per game. Nick Richards had 33 blocks last year while only playing 14.7 minutes per game.

Shot blocking is overrated. I'd rather have legitimate interior scoring. The last few national champions have been rather pedestrian from a shot blocking perspective (Nova x2, UNC, Duke).

More ready, also based on the fact that hes been playing college basketball (with impressive numbers) in a very good conference for multiple years unlike our guys. He is deemed preseason POY in his conference.

More ready based on his past season right? Because I’m highlight workout videos everyone looks great, they only show when the players handles he ball right and only the shots that go in. He has ALOT to improve on to become a SF but he is a beast of a PF, very strong, aggressive as hell. He’s like a taller Bonzi Colson

A lot of the local HS/AAU people are pushing him to UK, say the preparation in practices as well as the strength of the SEC would be good for him. Cal has allies up here. Villanova's situation is good, but they are entering late, but could sway him with PT-which in particular is why he was leery of Duke.

agree to an extent, but it would be foolish for PJ to leave and go undrafted/ possibly play for an obscure G league team with an awkward sounding mascot as opposed to coming back to the Top college program, build more hype, make more connections, work on game and EASILY go mid first round (already on draft boards for next year...unlike this year) next year which = a guaranteed $ 5-$8 million dollars as opposed to possibly 36k in the g league

Love the obscure sounding mascot part. Nice!

Of course PJ isn't returning. Anyone thinking otherwise was fooling themselves. He'll get someone that will "bite" late in the 2nd round and that's all he and his dad needs. That garbage about 1st round/2nd round a while back was just that - garbage.

PJ reminds me of Orton with regards to how obvious it is that he wants to get out of school. Only difference is that at least PJ is decent. Orton was a laugh.

I agree and I'm fine with this. One year of Travis > one year of Washington. If we're going to play this one and done game, I want the best player period.

I think JV is gone for sure. He obviously has an issue with Coach Cal. I’d say he either transfers or enters the draft. Of course if he does have surgery or maybe he did (Unknown with him) he could possibly redshirt but that seems unlikely.

Travis
Vanderbilt
Johnson
Green
Hagans
----------------
Montgomery
Richards
Quickley
Herro
Baker

I love that roster, if it ends up this way.

Solid as a rock lineups. Give me this team with the dog that is in some of these new guys like KJ and Hagans and I'm ready for the Bahamas. I think I might have to pay a little trip down there this summer with the boys in blue.

Reactions: TM2013
Solid as a rock lineups. Give me this team with the dog that is in some of these new guys like KJ, Montgomery, and Hagans and I'm ready for the Bahamas. I think I might have to pay a little trip down there this summer with the boys in blue.

fify

Orton had potential

I think JV is gone for sure. He obviously has an issue with Coach Cal. I’d say he either transfers or enters the draft. Of course if he does have surgery or maybe he did (Unknown with him) he could possibly redshirt but that seems unlikely.
So he enters the draft, transfers, or redshirts. Got it. You registered for that?

I just came here to eat crow if this turns out to be true. Taking pj and his dad at their word about not leaving unless guaranteed first round was me being nieve. I still don't think Vanderbilt is going anywhere.

I'll leave this here;

The is HUGE news. This dude is legit!

In his junior year, he ranked the top-three in the Pac-12 in 10 categories overall, including free throw attempts (first, 243), field goal attempts (first, 474), total points (second, 682), free throws made (second, 164), total field goals made (second, 250), scoring (third, 19.5), double-doubles (third, 16), offensive rebounds per game (third, 3.0), rebounding (third, 8.7) and total rebounds (third, 306).

Just eyeballing those stats, looks like a 66% FT shooter. Not that great. Leaving a lot a points off the board as often as he gets there.

ADVERTISEMENT