ADVERTISEMENT

Reid Travis to UK according to sources

I wish people would stop saying if the kids leave it's a bad decision and they are making mistakes. You don't know their options or situations that are leading to the decisions. Just because they might want to do something different than play at UK doesn't mean they are making a bad decision. Most of you only care because you want UK to be better and not about what the kid wants.

The is HUGE news. This dude is legit!

In his junior year, he ranked the top-three in the Pac-12 in 10 categories overall, including free throw attempts (first, 243), field goal attempts (first, 474), total points (second, 682), free throws made (second, 164), total field goals made (second, 250), scoring (third, 19.5), double-doubles (third, 16), offensive rebounds per game (third, 3.0), rebounding (third, 8.7) and total rebounds (third, 306).

If true, someone is leaving. And if true, I would take Travis over any of the three players we currently have.
This has been my hope since we first heard that Travis might be a possibility.Do you think all three are gone?If only one returns who would be the best fit along with Travis?

I think Travis has some range to the 3 point line. PJ might be the best fit/most productive unless we could get a whole year out of Vanderbilt(which doesn't seem likely) A player who has put up 19.5 per game is a welcome addition.

I never really looked into this thinking it wasn't possible. But that video, he looks really good. Seems he could be a decent outside threat as well. Pretty stoked.

Obviously just a workout video, but the dude moves, handles, and shoots the ball better than any big we had on our roster last year. Looks very impressive.
Like the tight handle.

I wish people would stop saying if the kids leave it's a bad decision and they are making mistakes. You don't know their options or situations that are leading to the decisions. Just because they might want to do something different than play at UK doesn't mean they are making a bad decision. Most of you only care because you want UK to be better and not about what the kid wants.
If they want to go, then go, but I'm damned sure I care more about UK. We shouldn't be an NBA farm team.

You don't know that either...

This would be huge. Talent and experience inside. We've not had this in a long time instead relying on (and hoping) freshmen big men develop enough to hold down the fort come tourney time.

This is also what many of the 1AD doomsday crowd has been clamoring for.

Even if only one of the 3 return, we're in good shape. If two return, we're golden.

fark_Xo4H9pEKFgIt1kearBwSdlvWigk.gif

Not sure what to think, like the ideal of adding this player if needed but I get hung up on how news is presented anymore and the line "are speculating" doesn't tell me anything one way or the other. You guys have been doing that for a month.

So maybe, possibly, kinda it could happen.

ADVERTISEMENT