ADVERTISEMENT

Reflections on SGA in Vegas

May 9, 2007
North Carolina
Always wanted to go watch Summer League, and this year I finally did. I saw everybody, which was great, but the thing which impressed me the most was Shai NOT playing. The Clippers were in the loser's bracket, and Shai was not dressed out or playing, which makes sense. He was instead the biggest fan in the arena. Ear to ear smile, on his feet, cheering for teammates who were playing, engaging with fans and kids. I was proud. It reminded me of KAT in the final weeks before the draft, and I knew he would go over Okafor, because Karl was a more engaging person. Some players have a magnetic human quality that brings new fans to a franchise. Shai knew what his job was and he was doing it beautifully. I know UK turns-out good basketball players, but I think we turn out good promoters on top of that.

Always wanted to go watch Summer League, and this year I finally did. I saw everybody, which was great, but the thing which impressed me the most was Shai NOT playing. The Clippers were in the loser's bracket, and Shai was not dressed out or playing, which makes sense. He was instead the biggest fan in the arena. Ear to ear smile, on his feet, cheering for teammates who were playing, engaging with fans and kids. I was proud. It reminded me of KAT in the final weeks before the draft, and I knew he would go over Okafor, because Karl was a more engaging person. Some players have a magnetic human quality that brings new fans to a franchise. Shai knew what his job was and he was doing it beautifully. I know UK turns-out good basketball players, but I think we turn out good promoters on top of that.
[thumb2]

Very cool. Shai has a tremendous smile and magnetic personality, not to mention his incredible work ethic and talent. The clips got a good one.

Ben Maler late night Fox radio guy seems very pumped about SGA. He is a LA Clipper fan it seems and he is pumped about his potential.

Plus he's rich Bitch! Always makes a person smile lol.

Best PG in the draft. First step is quick. It gets him just enough separation to where his ball handlng ability and length allow him to get to the rim to finish. He's a crafty at getting his shot off. I can't wait to watch he and Knox develop over the next 2-3 years.

That's not even mentioning his defensive ability. He's so intelligent on that end. The length with his quick hands and long stride. Going to be an amazing NBA player. I don't see why he can't make 3-4 All-Star games.

ADVERTISEMENT