ADVERTISEMENT

Reesie Marrow

In reality we just want an offense that passes for more than 115 ypg, scores enough points to win, and attracts recruits.

And prior to this season we had an offense that scored enough points to win. This year is a train wreck, without a doubt. But that doesn't excuse trashing the coaches and players, IMO.

Reactions: Girthang
I wish my drill Sargeant would have been this sensitive towards my feelings when I was a 19 year old "kid", humping a full pack, and carrying an M-16.

He would quite often criticize and question my mental and physical abilities.

Momma and Daddy couldn't bail me out and I couldn't transfer.

What has changed?

Really, did you take too many hits to head in the service or what. You're trying to equate getting trained for the military by the military to being trashed by meaningless fans? Terrible analogy.

If you want to make that comparison it would be to the coaches criticizing them, not fans. Fans criticizing players is more akin to the criticism received by Vietnam war vets by citizens. In other words, people outside of your organization critiquing you when things are largely out of your control. But I guess you'd be ok with screaming at soldiers when they come back from war, you know because our tax revenue pays their salary right?

Please people, think before you type. It's not that hard to form rational opinions and defend them logically. But don't use nonsensical BS like cathouse, it makes our fan base look dumb.

Reactions: Girthang
It's never a good idea to stereotype any group of people. Rather than speaking to all fans as if we are all guilty of the transgressions that she perceives, it would be better to point out unfair or irrational criticism (which all programs experience) and rebuke that. By attacking the entire fan base you rub a lot of loyal fans and donors the wrong way and make them feel like their support is not appreciated.

After all it was Coach Stoops himself that stood up and admitted that the offense was really bad and that necessary changes were made.

And prior to this season we had an offense that scored enough points to win. This year is a train wreck, without a doubt. But that doesn't excuse trashing the coaches and players, IMO.

We did score enough to win, but that’s not really a recipe for success offense. Gran has been a pretty pedestrian OC all along but yeah I do agree with the trashing. You gotta be able to pass for 250+ And be effective passing at all levels to keep the program going forward.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Really, did you take too many hits to head in the service or what. You're trying to equate getting trained for the military by the military to being trashed by meaningless fans? Terrible analogy.

If you want to make that comparison it would be to the coaches criticizing them, not fans. Fans criticizing players is more akin to the criticism received by Vietnam war vets by citizens. In other words, people outside of your organization critiquing you when things are largely out of your control. But I guess you'd be ok with screaming at soldiers when they come back from war, you know because our tax revenue pays their salary right?

Please people, think before you type. It's not that hard to form rational opinions and defend them logically. But don't use nonsensical BS like cathouse, it makes our fan base look dumb.
Lighten up Francis! Triggered much? Snowflakes like you are a big part of the problem. You missed the whole point of the post, yet you call me stupid.
Nice projection @$$hole.

It really is hard to believe the lack of interest I have had in this baskeball season. Amazing and sad at the same time when you think of how I lived and died with it for so long. I watched last night for the first time this year and didnt yell at the TV one time. Felt like I was watching a high school all star scrimmage.
The last time I can really remember caring about a basketball game was the loss to UConn in the final four. It just does nothing for me anymore.

You literally cannot find a more loyal fan base than UK football fans. What the hell?

Reactions: MbergCat
I'm still laughing at anyone ever saying Uk football fans are spoiled.Long suffering would be the correct term.

I agree with this statement.
We have been season ticket holders for YEARS..... and attend MOST of those home games. The ones we miss I give the tickets away to people I know will never go to a game unless tickets are free (down on luck, just not enough free cash after bills, single parents ect).

We HAVE been in those tailgates and stands MORE times in bad years than good years so don't tell me I am spoiled and wanting more out of my team.
Its NOT taking anything way from what these coaches and players have done.
But consistency is just not there and the same issues with certain positions keep repeating themselves.
We also attend a couple basketball games and most volleyball games each year we are people who support our University in those stands in person in the good and bad.

Yes, yes. Football is a very new sport to Kentucky. Kentucky was the first university in the SEC to start playing football. Three of the top four winningest high school programs in the history of America are from the state of Kentucky. 9 of the top 100 winningest HS programs of all time are from Kentucky. Those dumb Kentuckians. They’re just getting introduced to the sport, how dare they criticize piss poor play.

So they got no fking excuse for having no clue. Watching it is not knowing it. Listen to KSR crew every day and you'll get an example how little is known about football here. They don't know much about formations and plays, nor defensive assignments, and they admittedly don't care to know.

It's not much different here. Once you start talking about the schemes, strategy and position responsibilities it's mostly crickets. There's a solid core of fans here that know these things, but don't comment much because of all of the sht slinging. Always been that way and maybe always will be.

It's never a good idea to stereotype any group of people. Rather than speaking to all fans as if we are all guilty of the transgressions that she perceives, it would be better to point out unfair or irrational criticism (which all programs experience) and rebuke that. By attacking the entire fan base you rub a lot of loyal fans and donors the wrong way and make them feel like their support is not appreciated.

After all it was Coach Stoops himself that stood up and admitted that the offense was really bad and that necessary changes were made.

If you KNOW YOU are NOT one of the jackasses doing it, why would it rub you the wrong way? It's clear she's upset only by the asses and not the rest. That doesn't make sense.

If you KNOW YOU are NOT one of the jackasses doing it, why would it rub you the wrong way? It's clear she's upset only by the asses and not the rest. That doesn't make sense.

I didn't read it that way, "ya'll fans" seem to be a reference to all fans, but I think you're right in that she could have been targeting specific fans.

So you agree the comma is optional and you are wearing clown shoes?

I agree that you argue like a 10 year old kid.

And you should have put a comma there, unless you're British. As delicate as you are, you might be.

Commas with More Than Two List Items
If there are more than two list items, those following US convention should use a comma before the conjunction (usually "and" or "or").
  • Please buy bread, milk, and cheese ()
Those following UK convention should not use a comma.
  • Please buy bread, milk and cheese ()
Be aware that many in the UK use a comma, which is called a serial comma or an Oxford Comma. If your organization uses the Oxford Comma, you should too. Whatever convention you use, be consistent.

Last edited:
This was posted by Reesie Marrow to the Facebook group Everything Kentucky Football

OK.... I HAD IT WITH Y'ALL SO CALLED FANS!!!!!! I GET IT YOU'RE A LIL UPSET..... BUT YOU'RE ALSO FREAKIN SPOILED!!!! FIRST OFALL..... Y'ALL KNOW DAMN WELL KY WAS ALL ABOUT BASKETBALL !!! Y'ALL FINALLY START WINNING A FEW FOOTBALL GAMES, GOING AND ALSO WINNING BOWL GAMES, AND SOON AS THEY A TOUGH YEAR...
Y'ALL SO CALLED "FANS" START TALKING MESS ABOUT THE STAFF, ABOUT THE PLAYERS.... WHICH BY THE WAY ARE KIDS TO SOME OF US..... BUT THEY ARE YOUNG MEN WHO ARE BECOMING GREAT MEN RHROUHH THE YEARS!!!! WE'VE SEEN SO MUCH GREATNESS IN THEM AND THEY REALLY DON'T NEED THEY "FANS" TALKING MESS EVERY FREAKIN WEEK !!!!! ONE THING I CAN SAY ABOUT THE NFL FANS..... MOST OF THEM ARE LOYAL TO THEY TEAMS WIN OR LOSE!!!! I REALLY SALUTE CLEVELAND BROWN FANS FOR THEY DECADES OF LOYALTY!!!! SO IF Y'ALL ARE SO DISAPPOINTED WITH THESE YOUNG MEN...
THERE IS OTHER COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAMS Y'ALL CAN GO CHEER ON... OR IN MOST OF Y'ALL CASES..... TALK ABOUT!!! SO WHAT IF SOME OF THEM CHOOSE TO LEAVE .... THAT WOULD BE THEY'RE CHOICE.... PLAYERS ALWAYS COME AND GO.. BUT IT'S SUPPOSE TO BE THE "FANS" THAT'S HERE TO CHEER THEY TEAM ON NO MATTER WHAT !!!!!! 🙄 I THOUGHT THIS PAGE WAS SUPPOSE TO BE TO SUPPORT THE BOYS.... NOT LET THEM DOWN AND BE AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THE "FANS" !!!
Is there an English version of it?

I agree that you argue like a 10 year old kid.

And you should have put a comma there, unless you're British. As delicate as you are, you might be.

Commas with More Than Two List Items
If there are more than two list items, those following US convention should use a comma before the conjunction (usually "and" or "or").
  • Please buy bread, milk, and cheese ()
Those following UK convention should not use a comma.
  • Please buy bread, milk and cheese ()
Be aware that many in the UK use a comma, which is called a serial comma or an Oxford Comma. If your organization uses the Oxford Comma, you should too. Whatever convention you use, be consistent.

You are a fool as you just proved it's optional. Appreciate the assist, Bozo.

More optional info for you.

Comma Before And
Grammarly
· Grammar
Whether or not you put a comma before and depends on how you’re using and. There’s no single rule that applies to all situations. You usually put a comma before and when it’s connecting two independent clauses. It’s almost always optional to put a comma before and in a list.

Those shoes look good on you.

If Stoops had cajones, he'd call this person out for the comments.

You are a fool as you just proved it's optional. Appreciate the assist, Bozo.

More optional info for you.

Comma Before And
Grammarly
· Grammar
Whether or not you put a comma before and depends on how you’re using and. There’s no single rule that applies to all situations. You usually put a comma before and when it’s connecting two independent clauses. It’s almost always optional to put a comma before and in a list.

Those shoes look good on you.

And you just proved you're a british poof, which really comes as no surprise.

If the coach is the 15th highest paid college football coach then he should be having at the least a top 25 team consistently and stop making the same in game coaching mistakes he was making 7 years ago. So yes, he’s not above criticism. Also, the players are getting their education paid for plus all of the extras that come with that. I have a daughter in college who is going to be in debt up to her eyeballs so I expect these players to be giving their most effort and stop being so undisciplined. I played football and coach it, I know what I see. So the players are not above criticism either.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
I'd flip it on Reese and say to answer me why the fans would feel this way in the first place? Then what would you suggest to fix it, if anything.

Not that I disagree with you premise, but many fans seem to be as bi-polar as possible. We beat Team 1 and many fans are talking about the possibility of doing great things. We lose to Team 2 and it is many of the same fans suddenly advocating burning everything down and starting over. Hell, you can go to the game threads and see this in real time. UK goes 3 and out or commits a turnover and you've got scorched earth fans everywhere. UK scores, or takes the lead, and suddenly we're akin to the Kansas City Chiefs.

It is these types that will do and say the most extreme, and horrible things. It is those types that will post something, typically nasty, directly to a coach or player on Twitter or Facebook. It will be those comments that those players and their families remember while the praise is more likely to be drowned out.

I imagine if you hear a lot of the irrational fans, because they are often the loudest, then it can become tiring, especially when you're so financially and emotionally involved. Heck, I grow pretty tired of the crazy fans and their anger isn't directed at me, or one of my loved ones.

Now, that being said... Stoops does need to make a change. At least drop Hinshaw.

I don’t know if changing OC will change much. Every OC Stoops has had here has had high powered offenses before they got to Kentucky but then they all were different here. Is Stoops pushing a certain style he likes? He needs to hire someone who runs his kind of offense then. You got to give Gran credit, he turned a disaster last year with no QB into the best rushing offense in the country. He does seem to be able to adapt.

Weve been here before these people. We'll be here after these people. And we pay money.

There isn't a single instance where trying to go toe to toe with the fanbase is ever going to workout for them. Doesnt mean I inherently disagree about fans going overboard, but telling fans how to fan will never ever go anywhere good.

This was posted by Reesie Marrow to the Facebook group Everything Kentucky Football

OK.... I HAD IT WITH Y'ALL SO CALLED FANS!!!!!! I GET IT YOU'RE A LIL UPSET..... BUT YOU'RE ALSO FREAKIN SPOILED!!!! FIRST OFALL..... Y'ALL KNOW DAMN WELL KY WAS ALL ABOUT BASKETBALL !!! Y'ALL FINALLY START WINNING A FEW FOOTBALL GAMES, GOING AND ALSO WINNING BOWL GAMES, AND SOON AS THEY A TOUGH YEAR...
Y'ALL SO CALLED "FANS" START TALKING MESS ABOUT THE STAFF, ABOUT THE PLAYERS.... WHICH BY THE WAY ARE KIDS TO SOME OF US..... BUT THEY ARE YOUNG MEN WHO ARE BECOMING GREAT MEN RHROUHH THE YEARS!!!! WE'VE SEEN SO MUCH GREATNESS IN THEM AND THEY REALLY DON'T NEED THEY "FANS" TALKING MESS EVERY FREAKIN WEEK !!!!! ONE THING I CAN SAY ABOUT THE NFL FANS..... MOST OF THEM ARE LOYAL TO THEY TEAMS WIN OR LOSE!!!! I REALLY SALUTE CLEVELAND BROWN FANS FOR THEY DECADES OF LOYALTY!!!! SO IF Y'ALL ARE SO DISAPPOINTED WITH THESE YOUNG MEN...
THERE IS OTHER COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAMS Y'ALL CAN GO CHEER ON... OR IN MOST OF Y'ALL CASES..... TALK ABOUT!!! SO WHAT IF SOME OF THEM CHOOSE TO LEAVE .... THAT WOULD BE THEY'RE CHOICE.... PLAYERS ALWAYS COME AND GO.. BUT IT'S SUPPOSE TO BE THE "FANS" THAT'S HERE TO CHEER THEY TEAM ON NO MATTER WHAT !!!!!! 🙄 I THOUGHT THIS PAGE WAS SUPPOSE TO BE TO SUPPORT THE BOYS.... NOT LET THEM DOWN AND BE AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THE "FANS" !!!
A 100% correct in the statement. If you dint like it then move to another program. The staff is trying to build a foundation of talent and this takes time for EVERY position.

ADVERTISEMENT