ADVERTISEMENT

Reesie Marrow

Likewise, and right back at ya. And WTF are you ? Not caring what families of the coaches and players think is the exact way a idiot fan thinks, and doesn't GAF if it hurts getting quality coaches and recruits. So now we are shitting on Marrow and his family. You truly are a POS.

You know what bro, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have lashed out at ya. My bad.

Last edited:
I am on that site I defend our players. I think a lot of people on there don’t really like our team. They just get on there to start stuff. I know when some of them post it is always bad. Probably better off not going on there.
I’m on that site too . They have taken that post down now. I didn’t really see a specific post that set her off , did you ?

The ignore function is a beautiful thing. Only so many posts you can take, that always makes political references/education/how everyone but him is stupid. Every now and then I click the option to see the ignored content and quickly realize what a mistake that was.

Best button I’ve found on here

1) It has nothing to do with what mine do he isnt caught up in anything. He is on the team and the disrespect is way out of hand now.

2) Why attack a kid when he is doing what he is told to do? While I enjoy the page, I ignore most of it
Where are these "attacks on players"???

Any player on that team who is busting his ass and doing the right things is NOT going to be "ATTACKED" by 99% of this fanbase. Start a poll and see how many would support it.

Will you be scrutinized? Yes. Welcome to SEC football.

And if you make an ass out of yourself or the program, expect the criticism to increase.

The vast majority of ire is directed toward the inept coaching staff. Most of us view the players as victims to this horrible offense.

As a parent of a player, I totally agree with it. I get things get frustrating, but some of the comments are down right nasty and disrespectful. These are college kids who go to class, workout, go to practice, and then go home to do homework, while we just sit and watch what and criticize (mostly) from our TVs. Everybody wants to coach, but cant explain A-gap, B-gap or Cover 0.
Your 100% correct. I lived in Alabama for several years, they know football. Unfortunately most UK fans are clueless, their post tell on them. It's not really their fault, football is a recent sport to most of the state. Only since the mass consolidations did most schools start football. In the 60's in the 1st region there were only 4 high schools playing football, still a couple consolidated schools that don't have football. Look up how many schools in Mississippi play football, many more than KY with much less population. Alabama has well over 100 more schools playing with similar population. Schools that rule the western part of the are the one that have played the longest in most cases.

I really don't like bashing the coaches during the season, only damages recruiting and can cause problem within the team. After the season I don't think it's too much of a problem. As far as players, they deserve better. Not only do they continually work their tails off, they must keep their grades, deal with injuries and lastly fans. It's easy to lash out, I think we all have our movements, but remember many of these kids are still teenagers. I think we all love and want the best for all involved, winning would he this has been a tough year.

Your 100% correct. I lived in Alabama for several years, they know football. Unfortunately most UK fans are clueless, their post tell on them. It's not really their fault, football is a recent sport to most of the state. Only since the mass consolidations did most schools start football. In the 60's in the 1st region there were only 4 high schools playing football, still a couple consolidated schools that don't have football. Look up how many schools in Mississippi play football, many more than KY with much less population. Alabama has well over 100 more schools playing with similar population. Schools that rule the western part of the are the one that have played the longest in most cases.

I really don't like bashing the coaches during the season, only damages recruiting and can cause problem within the team. After the season I don't think it's too much of a problem. As far as players, they deserve better. Not only do they continually work their tails off, they must keep their grades, deal with injuries and lastly fans. It's easy to lash out, I think we all have our movements, but remember many of these kids are still teenagers. I think we all love and want the best for all involved, winning would he this has been a tough year.

Yes, yes. Football is a very new sport to Kentucky. Kentucky was the first university in the SEC to start playing football. Three of the top four winningest high school programs in the history of America are from the state of Kentucky. 9 of the top 100 winningest HS programs of all time are from Kentucky. Those dumb Kentuckians. They’re just getting introduced to the sport, how dare they criticize piss poor play.

Last edited:
As a parent of a player, I totally agree with it. I get things get frustrating, but some of the comments are down right nasty and disrespectful. These are college kids who go to class, workout, go to practice, and then go home to do homework, while we just sit and watch what and criticize (mostly) from our TVs. Everybody wants to coach, but cant explain A-gap, B-gap or Cover 0.

Exactly. Everytime I see a "run up the middle" comment it tells you everything you need to know.

I also think it's pathetic when people call out players on social media. Here it's bad enough, but at least it's a limited audience.

Finally thanks for sending your son to uk

I don't 'bash' players and, for the most part, neither do the vast majority of posters. They definitely point out shortcomings of players but that's not bashing. To me, that's being a fan and noticing when things aren't going well. I consciously try to suggest alternatives to what I'm pointing out instead of just complaining all the time. I'd like to think I propose viable solutions at least 50% of the time but that's probably being way too optimistic. But, it's my right to watch the game however I choose and to make comments about how the game is being played/coached as long as I don't veer into personal attacks.

I am much harder on the staff who I don't believe are above criticism as it's their job. I don't call any of them 'idiots', or say they're the 'worst' or slam their character. I do point out that there are inexplicable lapses in judgment during many games that are just hard for the average fan to fathom. Obviously, we are not privvy to the headset conversations, what the guys in the booth are seeing, etc. But, running QB draw into the teeth of a blitz on 3rd and 8 or throwing a bubble screen on 3rd and 12 are plays that SHOULD be questioned when they fail miserably (and not for the first time, mind you). I, for one, have not ever called for Stoops, Gran, et al to be fired. All I've asked is that they do their jobs better.

The Reesie post is borderline unintelligible. Attacking fans does not help the program get better. Screaming in caps at fans to be more tolerant is ineffective and ironic. Like it or not, people judge you by the way you communicate. Poor grammar, spelling, syntax, etc. will not add credence to your message, no matter how insightful it may or may not be.

Calling UK football fans 'spoiled' is an indicator that Reesie has not been around the program very long. UK FB have been extremely loyal for many, many years, supporting the team with their time and money. Historically, what they've received for their support is, at best, mediocre football with a few good years sprinkled in amongst years and years of dog crap football. Just because many fans don't scream and cheer for the old Blue and White when we commit stupid penalties, have no offense, can't put 11 men on the field consistently, have inexplicable bad luck that tear our hearts out while ripping another defeat from the jaws of victory, doesn't mean they aren't good fans. To passively accept awful football or to cheer regardless of how bad the team is playing/being coached is not being a fan, especially when we've been told preseason 'deepest team since Stoops has been here', '17 returning starters', etc. to boost the fans' hopes of having another really good season. It's being a sheep.

There are a few fans that only want to bitch and complain about everything and I ignore them. I guess it makes them feel better about themselves. Others, like me, want the program to continue to improve (Stoops & staff have certainly accomplished that much). Many UK fans, like me, watch a ton of football every weekend, every year. We know when a team is pathetic on offense and see enough of how other teams do it to have some ideas as to how to get better. A few posters on here seemingly lurk only for the opportunity to get into a virtual fight with another fan. We could all be a bit more civil to other posters and the team/staff, no doubt. But, every fan who expresses an opinion or frustration towards the football team is not wrong and shouldn't be seen as a bad fan/person because they've done so.

I’m on that site too . They have taken that post down now. I didn’t really see a specific post that set her off , did you ?
Probably just a cumulative effect. I think some were saying to get rid of coaches Marrow included. That they would say get rid of Vince shows me they are not much of a fan. We don’t need to lose Vince. That is off the top of my head.

This exactly correct, but you won't convince people on here that, they're still trying to live out their failed dreams through the team and believe fans impact anything. but the fans on this board aren't very bright as a whole, I blame public schools in KY

In reality we just want an offense that passes for more than 115 ypg, scores enough points to win, and attracts recruits.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
In reality we just want an offense that passes for more than 115 ypg, scores enough points to win, and attracts recruits.

A GREAT point.

That Woodson/Burton/Lyons/Johnson offense in ‘06and ‘07 led to the 53rd ranked recruiting class in 2008.

Stoops lame system has average 26th since 2014.

A GREAT point.

That Woodson/Burton/Lyons/Johnson offense in ‘06and ‘07 led to the 53rd ranked recruiting class in 2008.

Stoops lame system has average 26th since 2014.

Stoops has done great but it won’t continue with current offense. Well be in a hole too deep to dig out of if we don’t change offense

Frankly, I and most of my friends did not know we had a basketball game against Richmond. When (in a rural public hangout) we heard we’d lost, we then found out we’d played and won a game prior to that.

The world has changed.
Pretty much the same, although I thought Richmond was the first game until your post.

Loyal? Bullsht. There is a vocal percentage here and everywhere else that are loyal as Fox news to their conservative base. (Zero loyalty btw)

No one has to go looking for it either. Fkrs are in your face with it in social media. Go look at the Kentucky Football Fb page. A few good fans supporting this team there and anywhere else, but a bunch of askholes pissing all over the team every week and all off-season.

It's no different here, except maybe it's worse by 200%.

The problem is that UK fans don't know winning. They don't know cheering. There's a huge majority of fans that don't cheer at games and get annoyed if others make noise.

They are spoiled by basketball success and they don't have anything else to cheer for. UK is the only game in town. Unfortunately for UK, those same fans are THE ones on social media and no one blocks the jagoffs.

Shocker that when Fox News wont peddle the conspiracy garbage that only OAN and Newsmax will run, you choose to call Fox disloyal.

Its far easier to fool a man than to convince him he’s been fooled. If you couldnt see Trumps last great con coming then you really are a sucker.

Loyal? Bullsht. There is a vocal percentage here and everywhere else that are loyal as Fox news to their conservative base. (Zero loyalty btw)

No one has to go looking for it either. Fkrs are in your face with it in social media. Go look at the Kentucky Football Fb page. A few good fans supporting this team there and anywhere else, but a bunch of askholes pissing all over the team every week and all off-season.

It's no different here, except maybe it's worse by 200%.

The problem is that UK fans don't know winning. They don't know cheering. There's a huge majority of fans that don't cheer at games and get annoyed if others make noise.

They are spoiled by basketball success and they don't have anything else to cheer for. UK is the only game in town. Unfortunately for UK, those same fans are THE ones on social media and no one blocks the jagoffs.
With all due respect this is one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read. Do you mind me asking how old you are? Because you obviously weren't around during the 70's, 80's, 90's, & first part of this century when UK football fans proved year after year that they would show up and support their teams like no other in the country for the amount of return. & I'm not using hyperbole, I mean there was NO other program that averaged 50k, top 30 attendance, broke records at bowl games for attendance while averaging about 4 wins a season.

Now I will give you there are way too many nowadays that want to rag on kids & coaches way too much & view the fan thing as a one way street...."give me something to cheer about & make me proud of get lost" mentality. but that is a social change in sports that has slowly taken hold more and more over the past 20 years. It wasn't nearly as much that way 40 years ago. Don't get me wrong we griped but we showed support always because they were still our boys and you wanted it as much for them as you did yourself.

So the loud negative side of fandom does play a part but as someone else said the players don't help that sometime and can feed into it with things like the social justice campaign where whether hey realize it or not they isolate themselves by implying EVERYBODY else is guilty of woe long against them. Stuff like that gets old an is insulting as hell to those of us who know we're not.

No he is correct, don't start backpedaling now insider.
I'm definitely not backpedaling. And to think all people that have inside connections gets free tickets is laughable. People on here continue to show just how ignorant they when it comes to sports and how college sports operate.

I don’t think large fanbases understand the games as much as you think they do.
I hear ppl refer to our basketball fans as “knowledgeable”. I’d say it’s a small percentage.

Our offense stinks and has for years. We pay a guy one million a year to not make it stink. If this person can defend the results then let he/she have at it. I would hate for her to venture over to real SEC football sites in three win seasons..

LOL I guess you got to be from Bama to be a expert on Football
How smart was Alabama football when Mike Shula was running the show
They struck gold with Saban simple as that
When he leaves it all goes back to normal

This was posted by Reesie Marrow to the Facebook group Everything Kentucky Football

OK.... I HAD IT WITH Y'ALL SO CALLED FANS!!!!!! I GET IT YOU'RE A LIL UPSET..... BUT YOU'RE ALSO FREAKIN SPOILED!!!! FIRST OFALL..... Y'ALL KNOW DAMN WELL KY WAS ALL ABOUT BASKETBALL !!! Y'ALL FINALLY START WINNING A FEW FOOTBALL GAMES, GOING AND ALSO WINNING BOWL GAMES, AND SOON AS THEY A TOUGH YEAR...
Y'ALL SO CALLED "FANS" START TALKING MESS ABOUT THE STAFF, ABOUT THE PLAYERS.... WHICH BY THE WAY ARE KIDS TO SOME OF US..... BUT THEY ARE YOUNG MEN WHO ARE BECOMING GREAT MEN RHROUHH THE YEARS!!!! WE'VE SEEN SO MUCH GREATNESS IN THEM AND THEY REALLY DON'T NEED THEY "FANS" TALKING MESS EVERY FREAKIN WEEK !!!!! ONE THING I CAN SAY ABOUT THE NFL FANS..... MOST OF THEM ARE LOYAL TO THEY TEAMS WIN OR LOSE!!!! I REALLY SALUTE CLEVELAND BROWN FANS FOR THEY DECADES OF LOYALTY!!!! SO IF Y'ALL ARE SO DISAPPOINTED WITH THESE YOUNG MEN...
THERE IS OTHER COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAMS Y'ALL CAN GO CHEER ON... OR IN MOST OF Y'ALL CASES..... TALK ABOUT!!! SO WHAT IF SOME OF THEM CHOOSE TO LEAVE .... THAT WOULD BE THEY'RE CHOICE.... PLAYERS ALWAYS COME AND GO.. BUT IT'S SUPPOSE TO BE THE "FANS" THAT'S HERE TO CHEER THEY TEAM ON NO MATTER WHAT !!!!!! 🙄 I THOUGHT THIS PAGE WAS SUPPOSE TO BE TO SUPPORT THE BOYS.... NOT LET THEM DOWN AND BE AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THE "FANS" !!!

lol what in the world is that?

Reactions: BigTyrone
What are you talking about, twinkie fingers? Are you related to the numbnut who posted the message on Facebook?

Nope, I just like pointing out hypocrisy wherever it exists. Don't go pointing out problems with the way other people write when your house isn't in order.

I think it’s fine to criticize like , “that was a bonehead play” when your defense back just knocks the opposing quarterback down after you recover a crucial fumble. Or when a running back celebrates 10 yds before crossing the goal line and gets tackled. Or Boogie Watson hasn’t had the year I expected him to have . Or Terry Wilsons accuracy doesn’t seem to have improved . But to say so-and-so sucks or is lousy or you wish they would transfer is going over line imo.
Amen

Pretty much the same, although I thought Richmond was the first game until your post.
It really is hard to believe the lack of interest I have had in this baskeball season. Amazing and sad at the same time when you think of how I lived and died with it for so long. I watched last night for the first time this year and didnt yell at the TV one time. Felt like I was watching a high school all star scrimmage.

I wish my drill Sargeant would have been this sensitive towards my feelings when I was a 19 year old "kid", humping a full pack, and carrying an M-16.

He would quite often criticize and question my mental and physical abilities.

Momma and Daddy couldn't bail me out and I couldn't transfer.

What has changed?

ADVERTISEMENT