ADVERTISEMENT

Reds

It looks like they have packed it in with a loss last night to the A's and a poor showing so far tonight. Bell needs to go.

Terrible to comeback after being down 5-0, score 6 unanswered and then lose 9-6. They said the Reds haven't "officially" announced Lowder yet though they have to. Can't keep exhausting the relievers with these bullpen games.

Reactions: warrior-cat
Can't keep exhausting the relievers with these bullpen games.

You don't have to keep exhausting relievers, and "bullpen" games are one of the most ignorant things in all of baseball.

You may not have a slew of MLB starters in the minors, but you definitely have people who can throw longer than 5 innings. That is two games in a row where Bell completely F'd up the game by pulling the starter. Calling up one pitcher isn't gong to solve his incompetence.

It is laughable listening to Sadak try to analyze pitch counts and who is best suited in certain situations.

I agree, Arroyo just lost a season this year so Edwin having to prove himself in AAA for awhile seems the most likely case for him. I mentioned trading him, but feel like that would be selling low right now until he returns to the field. Interesting thing I just saw that the Pirates just moved their star SS O'Neil Cruz to CF. Could this be in the cards for EDLC or the other infielders to fit all of them in the lineup in the future?
Seems he would be a natural out there. He just seems to lanky as a SS. yeah he has basically unlimited range and make some amazing snags sometimes, but he has to get really low on grounders and a few get by him. If they were keeping him in the infield, he probably would be better suited to have stayed at 3B with his arm. just my opinion.

You don't have to keep exhausting relievers, and "bullpen" games are one of the most ignorant things in all of baseball.

You may not have a slew of MLB starters in the minors, but you definitely have people who can throw longer than 5 innings. That is two games in a row where Bell completely F'd up the game by pulling the starter. Calling up one pitcher isn't gong to solve his incompetence.

It is laughable listening to Sadak try to analyze pitch counts and who is best suited in certain situations.
Other than Nick Martinez on the active roster, who are those pitchers who can definitely pitch longer than 5 innings? Aguiar getting roasted right now. It certainly isn't Fernando Cruz who started yesterday. Junis can give them some length. Don't know how consistent you can expect that kind of performance from a journeyman like him though. Spiers gets lit up like a Christmas tree whenever he takes the mound.

Reactions: CalCat57
Diaz sucks.
I agree. It is one thing to be a bad player and still bust your ass like Fairchild. It is a whole other story when they are lazy like Diaz. I mentioned a couple months ago in this thread when I went to the afternoon game vs St. Louis on Wednesday in June. Everyone else was in the bullpen, starters warming up on the field and past time for first pitch for the game to start. He was the last one to the bullpen, no urgency at all still walking across the field in the outfield. You can see it in his performance on the mound. It clearly shows. Used to think it was just in non-save situations, but last night blowing a save was another instance of his piss poor effort. I did not want to believe it here when people last year were on his case about blowing games, made the excuse for him about being overworked in 2023. He has been this way all year. He sucks like you said.

Last edited:
Reactions: CalCat57
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT