ADVERTISEMENT

Reds

Been messing around with some Bowman First Chrome auto cards. I've been looking for some prospects to buy. Everyone knows about Elly, and that's reflected in his card prices. So, I was looking elsewhere and noticed a Reds prospect I haven't paid much attention to.

Talk to me about Christian Encarnocion-Strand. He came over from the Twins.

What's this guy's deal? First full season of MILB after going 4th round out of OK State in 2021. He absolutely CRUSHED the ball this year. 952 OPS with 32 homers, 31 doubles, and 5 triples with a 304 batting average and 114 RBI in 484 at bats. Rated as a decent defender on the corners. Played as a 22 year old all season between A+ and AA. Looks like a tank too. He does strike out quite a bit and doesn't walk a lot. But those hitting numbers are eye opening.

Yet, he's not rated in the Top 10 of Reds prospects much less top 100 of MLB prospects. What's his deal? Do scouts just think his game's not going to translate to the next level or what? Because the numbers suggest he's a possible superstar.
CE-S is my hope as Reds next 1B. Yeah, I don't get his ranking either. And McGarry, out of Oregon St I think, also put up big minor league numbers and gets nary a mention. Is it because the Reds minor leagues is THAT strong??

Reactions: KY_Kid
Farmer is a good bat against lefties. I think they keep him and trade him at the deadline for someone who will Platoon him

Won’t trade him just yet. His value is pretty low and he’s cheap.
Definitely a platoon/utility role player on a winning team for sure. Farmer knows that too and said over the summer he wants to stay here admitting he wouldn't play as much on a contending team. Not a bad player but certainly can't be your best player which was the case for the Reds this year. His value as a solid defender/decent bat in the lineup is probably worth more than any prospect Cincinnati could get in a return. Hopefully they keep him around until ELDC/McLain arrive. At some point the Reds have to stop the bleeding and keep competent players on this roster or they might lose 110+ in 2023. Read an article a few weeks ago he's in line to make $6 million in 2023 through arbitration and is under team control for 2 more years.

Reactions: drew_ukfan
Been messing around with some Bowman First Chrome auto cards. I've been looking for some prospects to buy. Everyone knows about Elly, and that's reflected in his card prices. So, I was looking elsewhere and noticed a Reds prospect I haven't paid much attention to.

Talk to me about Christian Encarnocion-Strand. He came over from the Twins.

What's this guy's deal? First full season of MILB after going 4th round out of OK State in 2021. He absolutely CRUSHED the ball this year. 952 OPS with 32 homers, 31 doubles, and 5 triples with a 304 batting average and 114 RBI in 484 at bats. Rated as a decent defender on the corners. Played as a 22 year old all season between A+ and AA. Looks like a tank too. He does strike out quite a bit and doesn't walk a lot. But those hitting numbers are eye opening.

Yet, he's not rated in the Top 10 of Reds prospects much less top 100 of MLB prospects. What's his deal? Do scouts just think his game's not going to translate to the next level or what? Because the numbers suggest he's a possible superstar.
I collect the Bowman draft cards on the Reds prospects too and bought the ones for CES/Marte and the recent trade acquisitions of the cards from their former teams. Hoping they release some updated Reds cards one them. Splurged for an ELDC one and sent to Chattanooga for Abbott to sign one. It's a waste of time & money sending to the rest of them. Stand a better chance in-person getting them signed.

Back to CES, like mrschwump said he should be the future replacement for Votto at 1B. Very intrigued by his solid overall numbers and big time power. Really no reason why him & ELDC are not in Cincinnati by 2023. I'd be fine if they skipped AAA like Atlanta did with Vaughn Grissom & Michael Harris but don't think this organization has the gumption to do that.

thumbnail10-3-2022.jpg

I collect the Bowman draft cards on the Reds prospects too and bought the ones for CES/Marte and the recent trade acquisitions of the cards from their former teams. Hoping they release some updated Reds cards one them. Splurged for an ELDC one and sent to Chattanooga for Abbott to sign one. It's a waste of time & money sending to the rest of them. Stand a better chance in-person getting them signed.

Back to CES, like mrschwump said he should be the future replacement for Votto at 1B. Very intrigued by his solid overall numbers and big time power. Really no reason why him & ELDC are not in Cincinnati by 2023. I'd be fine if they skipped AAA like Atlanta did with Vaughn Grissom & Michael Harris but don't think this organization has the gumption to do that.

thumbnail10-3-2022.jpg

I just got outbid on a Hunter Greene this week for CHEAP. Too bad because he has a beautiful signature too. I was going to give it to my son.

Doubt either Strand or Elly is in Chattanooga next season (and they probably shouldn't be), but if they are I'll pick up a couple cards for when they come to Knoxville in mid April. My son cleaned up last season with guys like Eury Perez, Taj Bradley, Oscar Colas, Joey Wiemar, Sal Frelick, Christopher Morel, etc. Really helping him fall in love with the game. We missed the Lookouts though because we were in Tampa chasing Mike Trout. He was disappointed about missing Elly, and you can bet we'll be there early chasing autographs if he or Strand is still in AA.

I just got outbid on a Hunter Greene this week for CHEAP. Too bad because he has a beautiful signature too. I was going to give it to my son.

Doubt either Strand or Elly is in Chattanooga next season (and they probably shouldn't be), but if they are I'll pick up a couple cards for when they come to Knoxville in mid April. My son cleaned up last season with guys like Eury Perez, Taj Bradley, Oscar Colas, Joey Wiemar, Sal Frelick, Christopher Morel, etc. Really helping him fall in love with the game. We missed the Lookouts though because we were in Tampa chasing Mike Trout. He was disappointed about missing Elly, and you can bet we'll be there early chasing autographs if he or Strand is still in AA.
Your son should have a good chance obtaining one from De La Cruz if he is with the Lookouts next year. A collector I know in Knoxville said Elly signed for the kids. He hauled in many of the future Reds and top prospects on the visiting teams. McLain a few times there and one on Christian. If they do move on to AAA, Marte, Bonnin & Petty among some more could reach AA in 2023. Hope you guys can get some good ones again next year adding to that impressive list of prospects.

Your son should have a good chance obtaining one from De La Cruz if he is with the Lookouts next year. A collector I know in Knoxville said Elly signed for the kids. He hauled in many of the future Reds and top prospects on the visiting teams. McLain a few times there and one on Christian. If they do move on to AAA, Marte, Bonnin & Petty among some more could reach AA in 2023. Hope you guys can get some good ones again next year adding to that impressive list of prospects.

Thanks, he really enjoys it and so do I. It really gives you a connection to the players as they move up to the big leagues too. And I have to give him credit, he's pretty good at chasing them down for an 8 year old. I think the highlight of the year for him was getting Clayton Kershaw and Joey Votto on back to back nights at GABP.

Thanks, he really enjoys it and so do I. It really gives you a connection to the players as they move up to the big leagues too. And I have to give him credit, he's pretty good at chasing them down for an 8 year old. I think the highlight of the year for him was getting Clayton Kershaw and Joey Votto on back to back nights at GABP.
Now that is a couple of impressive nights at the park right there! He definitely knows what he was doing and it's great that you enjoy it to letting him have those experiences that he won't forget. My Father did the same for me decades ago. I have 2 daughters though who could not have cared less but would have definitely passed it on had they been interested at that age.

I was an autograph hound, got Mantle, Mays, McCovey, Marichal, Killebrew, Kaline, Rose and many others while they were major leaguers. 25 or so years ago we lived near a town with an AA team, son got tons of guys of that era, Frank Thomas, Andruw and ChipperJones, Cris Carpenter, Roy Halladay, Javy Lopez, Carlos Delgado and others while they were minor leaguers. Great fun and fantastic memories!

I was an autograph hound, got Mantle, Mays, McCovey, Marichal, Killebrew, Kaline, Rose and many others while they were major leaguers. 25 or so years ago we lived near a town with an AA team, son got tons of guys of that era, Frank Thomas, Andruw and ChipperJones, Cris Carpenter, Roy Halladay, Javy Lopez, Carlos Delgado and others while they were minor leaguers. Great fun and fantastic memories!
Wow, that is quite a collection that you and your son have gathered over the years! Definitely a lot of fun to have a brief interaction meeting players and seeing how the autographs/card industry has surged over the past couple of years. My 1st one was Gary Nolan and kept each one since then. Haven't done any in-person in decades, let the kids have all of the fun now but will send to the stadiums/Spring Training occasionally.

In 3 years how many of these will you remember were apart of this organization? Definitely Chuckie Robinson since he played a good portion down the stretch. I'll remember Piscotty but not for being a Red.

Wow, that is quite a collection that you and your son have gathered over the years! Definitely a lot of fun to have a brief interaction meeting players and seeing how the autographs/card industry has surged over the past couple of years. My 1st one was Gary Nolan and kept each one since then. Haven't done any in-person in decades, let the kids have all of the fun now but will send to the stadiums/Spring Training occasionally.
Pipe dream of mine was to make Spring Training for a week or 2 but could never get away from work(there's that nasty 4-letter word!) long enough to pull it off.

In 3 years how many of these will you remember were apart of this organization? Definitely Chuckie Robinson since he played a good portion down the stretch. I'll remember Piscotty but not for being a Red.
Always admired guys like Chuckie Robinson. Modestly talented but with that burning desire to play pro baseball. Hope he makes it as a coach/manager someday.

Pipe dream of mine was to make Spring Training for a week or 2 but could never get away from work(there's that nasty 4-letter word!) long enough to pull it off.
Same here, never got to make that trip to Spring Training. Those fortunate to have made the journey I hear get a lot more access to some of the bigger stars. When I've mailed to ST, I've done better than to the venues of the regular season but these days if you don't get them coming up like I did with Abbott it is too late. Managed to get India right before the start of 2021 ST. Just sent a 99 cent card in the mail and got it back to me. Now that he's made it, does the paid signing route in about a week for a minimum $89.

Same here, never got to make that trip to Spring Training. Those fortunate to have made the journey I hear get a lot more access to some of the bigger stars. When I've mailed to ST, I've done better than to the venues of the regular season but these days if you don't get them coming up like I did with Abbott it is too late. Managed to get India right before the start of 2021 ST. Just sent a 99 cent card in the mail and got it back to me. Now that he's made it, does the paid signing route in about a week for a minimum $89.
Remember a guy named Todd Van Poppel? Really high draft pick out of Texas HS I think taken by Oakland in the early 1990s, saw him in AA as a 20y/o, a big raw-boned RHP who threw gas. Saw him as a 20y/o one scorching hot Sunday summer afternoon stay an hour after a game signing for what must have been a hundred fans. Impressed me he did that, of course it was probably a big rush for him, he was a kid himself. He never really panned out as a big time pitcher, think he ended his career as a Red. Also think he had injury problems. BTW, signs I'm getting up in years....his son recently committed to Nebraska as a football player, a DT. Big guy, like 6'5 280 or so. Sigh.

Remember a guy named Todd Van Poppel? Really high draft pick out of Texas HS I think taken by Oakland in the early 1990s, saw him in AA as a 20y/o, a big raw-boned RHP who threw gas. Saw him as a 20y/o one scorching hot Sunday summer afternoon stay an hour after a game signing for what must have been a hundred fans. Impressed me he did that, of course it was probably a big rush for him, he was a kid himself. He never really panned out as a big time pitcher, think he ended his career as a Red. Also think he had injury problems. BTW, signs I'm getting up in years....his son recently committed to Nebraska as a football player, a DT. Big guy, like 6'5 280 or so. Sigh.
Definitely remember the name Todd Van Poppel. Saw him pitch at GABP during the '04 season. There was a lot of hype around him and another pitcher the A's had then. Thought his name was Kirk? Can't remember exactly but thought he had injury problems as well. Did not know that Todd's son is headed to Nebraska Football.

AFL Championship game featuring Glendale(Marte, McClain, Hinds) on MLB Network tonight, Sat 11/12, 8pm. Glendale won last night thanks to HR and 2B by Marte. Timpanelli was WP.

Won’t trade him just yet. His value is pretty low and he’s cheap.
Yes it's early and still has a bright future ahead of him. Would even consider moving India back to 3B if 2B doesn't workout long term especially with the banning of shifts in 2023. Offensively, hard to expect anyone in that joke of a lineup to be productive.

Last edited:

#1 Giles on a minor league contract with an invite to ST, if he sucks cut him. Otherwise he could help this bullpen if he's healthy. Really can't stomach another season of Kuhnel, Strickland and the likes.
#2 All for Michael Conforto as a low risk/high reward signing. Trade bait.
#3 Hell no. No more washed up injured pitchers who are past their prime with the organization's depth of starting pitching much more deserving.
#4 Yes, I would welcome Tucker Barnhart back in Cincinnati. He won't be valued anywhere else like he would in Cincinnati.
I've been on the Conforto train for awhile now after seeing him out of baseball with his injury. These are the transactions Cincinnati has to capitalize on without being major players on the FA market. Especially with the Votto/Moose contracts on the books for one more full season and a combined $11 million buyout in 2024. I don't give a shit what anyone says, I'd take Puig back over stomaching Friedl/Aquino/Senzel another year. To hell with the heresay, Cincinnati is in no position to be picky. Atlanta can bring back Ozuna, promote their top prospects early. An organization not afraid to take chances and it pays off.

Last edited:
I've been on the Conforto train for awhile now after seeing him out of baseball with his injury. These are the transactions Cincinnati has to capitalize on without being major players on the FA market. Especially with the Votto/Moose contracts on the books for one more full season and a combined $11 million buyout in 2024. I don't give a shit what anyone says, I'd take Puig back over stomaching Friedl/Aquino/Senzel another year. To hell with the heresay, Cincinnati is in no position to be picky. Atlanta can bring back Ozuna, promote their top prospects early. An organization not afraid to take chances and it pays off.
What do they have to lose? 110 games instead of 100? Arguably Puig's bat and arm could save you a couple of games at some point. If the Reds don't get Conforto some team will. He's been too productive in the past for someone not to take a chance on him. Meanwhile Houston lets their GM and assistant GM go less than 1 week after the World Series. I don't necessarily suggest fire Krall after restocking the farm system but it's time for Jocketty and Dick Williams to get the hell out of the way. As long as the cheapskate Castellini's are in the way, you could hire Theo Epstein and they would still not spend the money necessary to win. The Castellini's are just interested in turning a marginal profit or breaking even for the shareholders. Disregarding the notion that spending money, investing in your team will bring back the revenue in ticket sales, merch, etc. No one is buying the rebuilding narrative 17 years later. Especially after the Lindner years before them.

Last edited:
Can't watch football after that performance this afternoon. So, I'm watching the AFL Championship game. Matt McClain just drilled a homerun to left center to put his team up 2-1.

Can't watch football after that performance this afternoon. So, I'm watching the AFL Championship game. Matt McClain just drilled a homerun to left center to put his team up 2-1.
Good to see him do something before getting out of there. McLain hitting .190 overall in the AFL. Hoping something clicks between now and ST for a player Cincinnati desperately needs to come through.

Put it on there, saw Marte ground out hitting a putrid .211 going into the Championship game. Changed the channel. Don't know what's up with that as Cincinnati's #2 prospect.

Overall there hasn't been much to crow about the performances of the Reds prospects. Roa has gotten smoked with a 19.13 ERA (17 earned runs in 4 starts), Gozzo 8.71, Benschoter 4.73, Timpanelli with an 8.00 ERA. Wasting spots experimenting with position players as pitchers when players like Boyle, Petty, Abbott, Bonnin & Phillips should have been fast tracked.

Sure it's a small sample size at the end of the season but for many of these guys, it's just an extension of the disappointing overall regular seasons they had this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrschwump
Talking heads indicated McClain will likely end up at 2B, really liked his power potential.

Good to see him do something before getting out of there. McLain hitting .190 overall in the AFL. Hoping something clicks between now and ST for a player Cincinnati desperately needs to come through.

Put it on there, saw Marte ground out hitting a putrid .211 going into the Championship game. Changed the channel. Don't know what's up with that as Cincinnati's #2 prospect.

Overall there hasn't been much to crow about the performances of the Reds prospects. Roa has gotten smoked with a 19.13 ERA (17 earned runs in 4 starts), Gozzo 8.71, Benschoter 4.73, Timpanelli with an 8.00 ERA. Wasting spots experimenting with position players as pitchers when players like Boyle, Petty, Abbott, Bonnin & Phillips should have been fast tracked.

Sure it's a small sample size at the end of the season but for many of these guys, it's just an extension of the disappointing overall regular seasons they had this year.
Marte's last at bat he did his best Barrero/Aquino impersonation...striking out on a slider 2 feet out of the strike zone.

Guys doing the game remarked how disappointing it was that DLC wasn't in the AFL.

Marte's last at bat he did his best Barrero/Aquino impersonation...striking out on a slider 2 feet out of the strike zone.

Guys doing the game remarked how disappointing it was that DLC wasn't in the AFL.
ELDC should have been there and transitioning to the outfield in the AFL. He's at least kicking ass in the Dominican Winter League.

Talking heads indicated McClain will likely end up at 2B, really liked his power potential.
Might be better long term at 2B, move India who I think will probably be at 3B again eventually with the banning of shifts. Still at some point the Reds are going to need to transition someone to the outfield if they plan to keep the majority of Steer and then McLain/ELDC/Marte/Arroyo/Collier/Stewart/Steer among others in the pipeline with a chance at the MLB level.

Last edited:
Might be better long term at 2B, move India who I think will probably be at 3B again eventually with the banning of shifts. Still at some point the Reds are going to need to transition someone to the outfield if they plan to keep the majority of Steer and then McLain/ELDC/Marte/Arroyo/Collier/Stewart/Steer among others in the pipeline with a chance at the MLB level.
Hoping India is traded, he's probably the only current Reds veteran who has trade value even if very low.

Hoping India is traded, he's probably the only current Reds veteran who has trade value even if very low.
What do you make of this trade talk with Tampa Bay? Signed one of their underwhelming players Kevin Herget. IMO, why aren't they looking for catchers & some outfielders who can hit. The Reds have not been lacking for quality pitching coming through the ranks.

What do you make of this trade talk with Tampa Bay? Signed one of their underwhelming players Kevin Herget. IMO, why aren't they looking for catchers & some outfielders who can hit. The Reds have not been lacking for quality pitching coming through the ranks.

It will depend on the asking price. The rumored trade candidates Yarbrough/Chirinos/Armstrong would seem like Reds budget friendly moves and how would they adapt to one of the most hitter friendly parks with GABP? Chirinos is the only one that intrigues me. I could see moving some of Callihan, Acosta, Johnson or Torres with the IF depth in the farm system. Outside of Victor at 18 years old, sitting at #15 I would be very cautious about sending any of the Top 15 who all arguably could end up better than anyone that Tampa Bay would realistically part with. Make no mistake, this is TB's effort at making room on the 40-man roster and not exactly parting with anyone that will make or break them here.

It will depend on the asking price. The rumored trade candidates Yarbrough/Chirinos/Armstrong would seem like Reds budget friendly moves and how would they adapt to one of the most hitter friendly parks with GABP? Chirinos is the only one that intrigues me. I could see moving some of Callihan, Acosta, Johnson or Torres with the IF depth in the farm system. Outside of Victor at 18 years old, sitting at #15 I would be very cautious about sending any of the Top 15 who all arguably could end up better than anyone that Tampa Bay would realistically part with. Make no mistake, this is TB's effort at making room on the 40-man roster and not exactly parting with anyone that will make or break them here.
Of course if the 'asking price' is cheap, take one of them for a bag of baseballs for all I care. Just don't mortgage the future for some half-ass scrubs because Tampa Bay is looking to shed dead weight. Not the Reds problem to accommodate them. Nix the Puig idea, might be going to the clink after this illegal gambling lie. Completely missed hearing about this before though I knew he was in a situation like Bauer. Both of the Brennaman's said on Thom's new podcast that he should be playing especially with DeShaun Watson coming back to the Browns this week. All in for Michael Conforto.

Of course if the 'asking price' is cheap, take one of them for a bag of baseballs for all I care. Just don't mortgage the future for some half-ass scrubs because Tampa Bay is looking to shed dead weight. Not the Reds problem to accommodate them. Nix the Puig idea, might be going to the clink after this illegal gambling lie. Completely missed hearing about this before though I knew he was in a situation like Bauer. Both of the Brennaman's said on Thom's new podcast that he should be playing especially with DeShaun Watson coming back to the Browns this week. All in for Michael Conforto.
Lord, why would the Reds want a pitcher who has only pitched 18 innings the last 3 years and coming off TJ and a busted elbow? Rays must have gleefully seen Krall coming.

Reactions: kybloo92
#2 A snowball's chance in hell of happening.
Reds have to completely rebuild their OF, no question. Only OFer on the roster they should keep is Fraley, others need to haul ass. Reds OF in upper minors is really poor, do have some young long range talent but it may be '24-'25 before they get to Cincy. Assume the plethora of young infielders get a look in the OF in ST. I don't trust Krall to get help and trust Pickler even less as their defensive OF instructor.

Reds have to completely rebuild their OF, no question. Only OFer on the roster they should keep is Fraley, others need to haul ass. Reds OF in upper minors is really poor, do have some young long range talent but it may be '24-'25 before they get to Cincy. Assume the plethora of young infielders get a look in the OF in ST. I don't trust Krall to get help and trust Pickler even less as their defensive OF instructor.
Sign a veteran like Conforto, keep Siani on the roster and call up McGarry while Jay Allen & Austin Hendrick are still in A Ball. Time for them to start playing like 1st Round draft picks. They have a long ways to go. I like the speed Allen gives you and Hendrick showed some decent power numbers but needs to cut down on the strikeouts, goes up there looking to hit the ball 500 feet each time. Cerda & Hinds too. Too many prospects hitting in the low .200. I refuse to believe ELDC would not have had a similar impact last season on the Reds like Jeremy Pena did in Houston or Michael Harris in Atlanta.

Sign a veteran like Conforto, keep Siani on the roster and call up McGarry while Jay Allen & Austin Hendrick are still in A Ball. Time for them to start playing like 1st Round draft picks. They have a long ways to go. I like the speed Allen gives you and Hendrick showed some decent power numbers but needs to cut down on the strikeouts, goes up there looking to hit the ball 500 feet each time. Cerda & Hinds too. Too many prospects hitting in the low .200. I refuse to believe ELDC would not have had a similar impact last season on the Reds like Jeremy Pena did in Houston or Michael Harris in Atlanta.
Not convinced Hendrick will ever be an effective MLB hitter. The guy has a really long, looping swing and those seldom if ever make it in the bigs. Cerda looks intriguing as does Allen. Hinds booted a ball in LF in the AFL champ game Sat, then made a really, really poor throw. I like Siani but you can't keep too many of those types, he'll likely never hit for power. Wish I knew why the Reds put so little value on McGarry. Guy's had really good numbers but not even Top 30.

Mariners shopping Jesse Winker around. Won't happen but I wouldn't mind a reunion and send them some of the prospects that they are considering sending to TB. Winker is one of those players that fits Cincinnati and not sure he'll ever reach his 2021 season elsewhere.

Not convinced Hendrick will ever be an effective MLB hitter. The guy has a really long, looping swing and those seldom if ever make it in the bigs. Cerda looks intriguing as does Allen. Hinds booted a ball in LF in the AFL champ game Sat, then made a really, really poor throw. I like Siani but you can't keep too many of those types, he'll likely never hit for power. Wish I knew why the Reds put so little value on McGarry. Guy's had really good numbers but not even Top 30.
Honestly I felt that way about Siani too and often looked past him to other outfielders with more potential in the Reds farm system. His ceiling is probably a 4th or 5th outfielder on the depth chart. A Billy Hamilton role pinch running, steal a base and a defensive replacement. You are correct, we have many outfielders like that in Fraley who is worth keeping but not a starter long term on a contending team. Would rather Siani get his run now than wasting another year with Aquino, Senzel & Friedl so we can find out what Siani's worth or move him out by the time some of the prospects are taking over. He likely won't even get the chances Senzel has over the years.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

And they were considering trading prospects to Tampa after this move? Bullet dodged but stupid move ditching Hoffman after having his best season. Apparently it was more important to protect Ricky Karcher & Lyon Richardson 5.09 ERA from the Rule 5 Draft needed a 40-man roster spot more.

Last edited:
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

And they were considering trading prospects to Tampa after this move? Bullet dodged but stupid move ditching Hoffman after having his best season. Apparently it was more important to protect Ricky Karcher & Lyon Richardson 5.09 ERA from the Rule 5 Draft needed a 40-man roster spot more.
Karcher and his 128 BBs in 143 career IP and Richardson and his 5-19 career W-L record...these guys will fit right in.

Hoffman has an elbow injury and probably won't be ready for the season. I'm surprised at the snark toward Richardson though. Y'all would've had a field day with Krall if he left a former second round pick who's still 22 unprotected for the Rule 5 draft.

ADVERTISEMENT