ADVERTISEMENT

Reds

Last day of the '22 season Barry Larkin, during the final telecast, commented: "The Reds must assure this(a 100 loss season) never happens again." Sorry Barry, but '23 may be even worse. FO had 2 primary goals to meet in the off season...rebuild the OF and find an innings eating 4th or 5th starting pitcher. They've failed, big time, on both. Reds in 2023 will be paltry but hopefully finally clears the way for younger guys.

Any of you guys ever been to Spring Training?

Going to be down in Florida visiting my wife’s family the last week of February. So, we're going to go check out the Cardinals and Mets camp. My son really wants to meet Nolan Arenado. So, we're going to get to the parks very early both days for practice and hopefully he can get up close with a couple guys. He's more excited about practice than the games.

I've never been to Spring Training, and it's surprisingly difficult to find many specifics on how to have the best experience.
Haven't been before though it would be awesome to go down to Arizona or Florida sometime. Hopefully these videos can help. As far as 'hot spots' to meet the players, some of the baseball autograph groups on facebook may be able to help with specifics. Unsure if some of the articles out there online are up to date after protocols since the pandemic have had an impact on access to the players.

Reactions: KY_Kid
Reds starting pitcher depth

My guess where they will be. I think Acuna, Parks and Bonnin should have been in Dayton but there wasn’t room for them. Could see Bonnin and Hajjar switched around.

Louisville:

SP Connor Overton 29 Y/O

SP Brandon Williamson 24 Y/O
27 G, 122.2 IP, 77 BB, 123 SO, 4.11 ERA, 1.56 WHIP

SP. Andrew Abbott 23 Y/O
25 G, 118.0 IP, 48 BB, 159 SO, 3.81 ERA, 1.25 WHIP

SP. Levi Stoudt. 25 Y/O
25 G, 111.0 IP, 30 BB, 103 SO, 4.70 ERA, 1.29 WHIP

SP Carson Spiers 26 Y/O
27 G, 122.2 IP, 45 BB, 105 SO, 5.33 ERA, 1.52 WHIP

SP. Ben Lively. 30 Y/O

Chattanooga:

SP Connor Phillips 21 Y/O
24 G, 109.2 IP, 66 BB, 150 SO, 3.78 ERA, 1.40 WHIP

SP. Joe Boyle 23 Y/O
23 G, 100.2 IP, 84 BB, 153 SO, 2.86 ERA, 1.29 WHIP

SP. Christian Roa. 23 Y/O
21 G, 92.0 IP, 57 BB, 104 SO, 4.11 ERA, 1.37 WHIP

SP. Bryce Bonnin 24 Y/O
6 G, 25 IP, 12 BB, 28 SO 2.52 ERA, 0.92 WHIP

SP. Sam Benschoter 24 Y/O
22 G, 78 IP, 31 BB, 118 SO, 4.73 ERA, 1.26 WHIP

SP Thomas Farr. 23 Y/O
22 G, 99.1 IP, 37 BB, 102 SO, 4.80 ERA, 1.49 WHIP

Dayton Dragons:

SP. Chase Petty 19 Y/O
25 G, 98.1 IP, 31 BB, 96 SO, 3.48 ERA, 1.17 WHIP

SP. Steve Hajjar 22 Y/O
15 G, 52.1 IP, 32 BB, 83 SO, 3.61 ERA, 1.22 WHIP

SP. Julian Aguiar. 21 Y/O
25 G, 96.1 IP, 27 BB, 113 SO
3.46 ERA, 1.21 WHIP

SP. Javi Rivera 23 Y/O
24 G, 93 IP, 25 BB, 111 SO
3.29 ERA, 0.99 WHIP

SP. Lyon Richardson 23 Y/O
DNP

SP Tanner Cooper 23 Y/O
22 G, 83.2 IP, 21 BB, 75 SO, 3.55 ERA,1.21 WHIP

SP Jose Franco. Injured 22 Y/O
20 G, 77.0 IP, 39 BB, 104 SO
4.44 ERA, 1.49 WHIP

Daytona:

SP. Bryce Hubbart 21 Y/O
4 G, 4.2 IP, 6 BB, 7 SO, 1.93 ERA, 1.71 WHIP

SP. Ryan Cardonia 22 Y/O
25 G, 75.0 IP, 50 BB, 92 SO, 3.36 ERA, 1.40 WHIP

SP. Jose Acuna. 20 Y/O
15 G, 65 IP, 22 BB, 83 SO
2.91 ERA, 0.94 WHIP

SP. Hunter Parks. 21 Y/O
25 G, 82.1 IP, 53 BB, 94 SO, 4.70 ERA, 1.55 WHIP

SP. Kenya Huggins 20 Y/O

Any of you guys ever been to Spring Training?

Going to be down in Florida visiting my wife’s family the last week of February. So, we're going to go check out the Cardinals and Mets camp. My son really wants to meet Nolan Arenado. So, we're going to get to the parks very early both days for practice and hopefully he can get up close with a couple guys. He's more excited about practice than the games.

I've never been to Spring Training, and it's surprisingly difficult to find many specifics on how to have the best experience.
I’ve been in FL during the time before and went by the Yankees and Braves in different years.

With a younger boy it’s even better than attending a real game. The players talk with fans and sign autographs. I would highly recommend making it work if it’s something you can do around the school calendar.

FO continues to attempt to strengthen the Bats roster while doing nothing for the Reds. God, '23's going to be a miserable season.
Looks like this is it for 2023. Hopefully some of the prospects we want to see come up and get their feet wet in the big leagues. About all you can hope for in this rebuild.

Reactions: mrschwump
Looks like this is it for 2023. Hopefully some of the prospects we want to see come up and get their feet wet in the big leagues. About all you can hope for in this rebuild.

Which is NOT the way teams that've been playing in October in recent years were built. Expect the Reds to figure this out maybe 5 years from now...under a new GM. Meantime, we wait while another bunch of retreads stink up GABP.

Which is NOT the way teams that've been playing in October in recent years were built. Expect the Reds to figure this out maybe 5 years from now...under a new GM. Meantime, we wait while another bunch of retreads stink up GABP.
Never were planning to contend for 2023. Until the Votto/Moustakas contracts are both off the books, no money can be 'spent' on Reds terms that is going to make a difference. Simply buying out Moose only lets other players get much more playing time but still have to pay him out to sit at home this year. For the most part I was satisfied the Reds brought in Casali & Maile with the lack of depth behind Stephenson last year. Myers was a good signing but failed to bring in a halfway decent veteran pitcher that can eat innings and mentor the young pitching staff.

Last edited:
Never were planning to contend for 2023. Until the Votto/Moustakas contracts are both off the books, no money can be 'spent' on Reds terms that is going to make a difference. Simply buying out Moose only lets other players get much more playing time but still have to pay him out to sit at home this year. For the most part I was satisfied the Reds brought in Casali & Maile with the lack of depth behind Stephenson last year. Myers was a good signing but failed to bring in a halfway decent veteran pitcher that can eat innings and mentor the young pitching staff.
True on Reds not being a '23 contender and the need to dump the burdensome contracts but the Reds failed to rebuild a pathetic OF and, as mentioned, failed to add an innings eater SP. And I'm not sure Ashcraft is healthy, he really struggled after coming off IL last Sept. A 100+ loss season is virtually assured, question is how soon do they turn the team over to the young guys? That's the only thing left for fans to care about.

True on Reds not being a '23 contender and the need to dump the burdensome contracts but the Reds failed to rebuild a pathetic OF and, as mentioned, failed to add an innings eater SP. And I'm not sure Ashcraft is healthy, he really struggled after coming off IL last Sept. A 100+ loss season is virtually assured, question is how soon do they turn the team over to the young guys? That's the only thing left for fans to care about.
You know how I feel about getting these young guys their opportunities at the MLB level especially as a small market team with a smaller window to contend in knowing they will be trading off whoever they can't sign to contract extensions while they still have team control.

Instead of delaying the future, I'm ready to see what players like Williamson already 24 and Stoudt 25 can give the Reds than fooling with failures like Luke Weaver. Would rather roll with Cessa & Overton than Weaver in the rotation taking starts from deserving prospects. Luis & Connor can give the Reds starts at the back end of the rotation or skip an occasional start if the Reds went with Lodolo, Greene, Ashcraft, Dunn, Williamson or Stoudt without needing to bring in dead weight with Weaver. A legitimate veteran could have mentored the young starters is different than someone like Weaver who has never really had much success at all and could have flipped the veteran at the deadline for a decent prospect in return.

Long term I like Justin Dunn in long relief and getting occasional spot starts. With his injury history would be better off in long relief. Has the potential to be a decent pitcher but injuries are an issue with him as well. I'm to the point I don't really give a shit if they were killing it or not in the minors when undeserving players continue to get opportunity after opportunity that have no future long term in Cincinnati. By that, don't mean call up someone with a .210 batting average or an ERA of 6.00 +. More like a Williamson with a 4.11 ERA in 27 starts or McGarry at .264, 27 HRs & 78 RBIs lets give them a shot already!

Last edited:
You know how I feel about getting these young guys their opportunities at the MLB level especially as a small market team with a smaller window to contend in knowing they will be trading off whoever they can't sign to contract extensions while they still have team control.

Instead of delaying the future, I'm ready to see what players like Williamson already 24 and Stoudt 25 can give the Reds than fooling with failures like Luke Weaver. Would rather roll with Cessa & Overton than Weaver in the rotation taking starts from deserving prospects. Luis & Connor can give the Reds starts at the back end of the rotation or skip an occasional start if the Reds went with Lodolo, Greene, Ashcraft, Dunn, Williamson or Stoudt without needing to bring in dead weight with Weaver. A legitimate veteran could have mentored the young starters is different than someone like Weaver who has never really had much success at all and could have flipped the veteran at the deadline for a decent prospect in return.

Long term I like Justin Dunn in long relief and getting occasional spot starts. With his injury history would be better off in long relief. Has the potential to be a decent pitcher but injuries are an issue with him as well. I'm to the point I don't really give a shit if they were killing it or not in the minors when undeserving players continue to get opportunity after opportunity that have no future long term in Cincinnati. By that, don't mean call up someone with a .210 batting average or an ERA of 6.00 +. More like a Williamson with a 4.11 ERA in 27 starts or McGarry at .264, 27 HRs & 78 RBIs lets give them a shot already!
Would add Roa/Benschoter to your pitching rotation with hopes of seeing Abbot/Boyle come Sept. I have little faith in Dunn, his FB was below MLB average in his starts last year. Of course, that could be due not getting stretched out in those starts. Still, he needs to show more IMO. You're right, relief could be what's best for him but I'm not holding my breath on him ever contributing. As I've mentioned prior, John Roper redux.

It's a chickenshit thing to do but think I'd use up Lodolo/Greene. Reds won't resign them so get the max out of them, wouldn't even keep a pitch count.

Would add Roa/Benschoter to your pitching rotation with hopes of seeing Abbot/Boyle come Sept. I have little faith in Dunn, his FB was below MLB average in his starts last year. Of course, that could be due not getting stretched out in those starts. Still, he needs to show more IMO. You're right, relief could be what's best for him but I'm not holding my breath on him ever contributing. As I've mentioned prior, John Roper redux.

It's a chickenshit thing to do but think I'd use up Lodolo/Greene. Reds won't resign them so get the max out of them, wouldn't even keep a pitch count.
I agree, hoping we can start to see some of the prospects from College Baseball with McLain, Roa, Abbott, Boyle and Benschoter etc get to Cincinnati soon and make these rebuilds less painful. Hopefully Petty is in Chattanooga by the end of the year. Also wouldn't mind seeing TJ Hopkins get some time in the outfield this season. I don't think he solves the Reds issues in the outfield but in a small park like GABP, I like his upside with some pop over Friedl long term.

I agree, hoping we can start to see some of the prospects from College Baseball with McLain, Roa, Abbott, Boyle and Benschoter etc get to Cincinnati soon and make these rebuilds less painful. Also wouldn't mind seeing TJ Hopkins get some time in the outfield this season. I don't think he solves the Reds issues in the outfield but in a small park like GABP, I like his upside with some pop over Friedl long term.
Saw elsewhere a Reds Caravan recently had Barrero/Hendrix as guests. That seems so bizarre. A young SS who's yet to put together anything resembling a ML season and a minor league prospect who has been unable to move past his long, looping swing. Hardly give fans much hope.

Saw elsewhere a Reds Caravan recently had Barrero/Hendrix as guests. That seems so bizarre. A young SS who's yet to put together anything resembling a ML season and a minor league prospect who has been unable to move past his long, looping swing. Hardly give fans much hope.
I hope something clicks for Barrero this year after his run in the Puerto Rican Winter League. The offense is going to be dependent on players like Jose coming around, a bounce back season by India, Steer taking a leap forward this year and Fraley staying close to his 2nd half production, Stephenson & Votto being healthy and whatever Joey Votto & Wil Myers have left in the tank.

Do you think Austin Hendrick will get it turned around and be a contributor at the MLB level? They need him badly with the lack of depth in the outfield and Austin has struggled mightily. Since 2010, the Reds 1st Round picks that have given Cincinnati anything are Winker & Lorenzen both gone, Stephenson, Greene, India & Lodolo. In recent years it has been better but so far an outlier with Hendrick. Really feeling the effects of players like Nick Travieso, Alex Blandino, Jeter Downs, Phillip Ervin, Robert Stephenson, Yasmandi Grandal, Nick Howard, Taylor Trammell & Jeff Gelalich all either going elsewhere or flopping here.

Do you think Austin Hendrick will get it turned around and be a contributor at the MLB level? They need him badly with the lack of depth in the outfield and Austin has struggled mightily. Since 2010, the Reds 1st Round picks that have given Cincinnati anything are Winker & Lorenzen both gone, Stephenson, Greene, India & Lodolo. In recent years it has been better but so far an outlier with Hendrick. Really feeling the effects of players like Nick Travieso, Alex Blandino, Jeter Downs, Phillip Ervin, Robert Stephenson, Yasmandi Grandal, Nick Howard, Taylor Trammell & Jeff Gelalich all either going elsewhere or flopping here.
Re Hendrick, doubt it. That big, looping swing just isn't conducive to hitting ML pitching. Those draft picks you mention....UGH! I've called for redoing the Reds amateur scouting ranks for years.

Could be longer. By 4-5 years Greene, Lodolo, TS, etc will be long gone. Reds will never, ever sign those guys to long term contracts.
By then, all the young arms in Dayton plus Phillips, Williams and Abbott will be up. (Not to mention, whoever they get when they trade Greene, Lodolo, India and Stephenson) If the Reds ever want to be good, they have to stick with the plan. Every player with value has to be traded with 1 1/2-2 years of control to maximize value.

Re Hendrick, doubt it. That big, looping swing just isn't conducive to hitting ML pitching. Those draft picks you mention....UGH! I've called for redoing the Reds amateur scouting ranks for years.
He has way too much movement in his swing.
Reds have drafted very good recently.
I agree, hoping we can start to see some of the prospects from College Baseball with McLain, Roa, Abbott, Boyle and Benschoter etc get to Cincinnati soon and make these rebuilds less painful. Hopefully Petty is in Chattanooga by the end of the year. Also wouldn't mind seeing TJ Hopkins get some time in the outfield this season. I don't think he solves the Reds issues in the outfield but in a small park like GABP, I like his upside with some pop over Friedl long term.
Hopkins is one of the only outfield prospects that is close to the majors that has any power. I would love to see him get a chance. He should have been up last year. Petty will start the season in Dayton. He should make it to Chattanooga.

I just “talked” with Tom Nichols on Twitter. He had some interesting things to say. For those that don’t know, Tom is the play by play man and director of media relations for the Dayton Dragons.

I asked who he thought would be the Starting pitchers in Dayton this season. He said Bonnin wouldn’t be ready to start the season and that his injury could be career threatening. I hate to hear that.

said Hajjar was shut down last august with shoulder problems. Was going to try to give it a go in spring training but some believe the issue will resurface.

Said Lyon Richardson told him there was “no chance” he started below AA but that was just player talk, he didn’t know for sure.

He thought Daytons starters would be Rivera, Petty, Aguiar, Hajjar (if healthy) and maybe Cooper or Hubbard. I have a hard time seeing it being Hubbard but Tom would know a lot more than me. He thought Parks could be moved to the bullpen unless there are injuries.

He thought Vellojin or Nelson could be brought back to Dayton to be the starting catcher.

I had Faltine projected to go to Dayton due to Daytona’s loaded infield. He said he would be surprised to see him start the season in Dayton. Said he wouldn’t be shocked if Jose Torres started back in Dayton

I asked about Henry Rodriguez. He said, mid season or later return (he had surgery in his knee or lower leg)

I asked about how much rope Joe Boyle would be given before moving him to the bullpen. He said “Boyle’s performance will answer your question. As long as he can compete as a starter, he will stay there. He is not a true “scatter arm” guy where he is hitting the backstop once a batter. His stuff is off the charts. Boyle is like Chapman in a sense in that his velocity plays up even higher than the radar gun tells you. Very hard for hitters to get the barrel on the ball. That’s why he gives up so few hits. Balls put in play are hit very weakly”

He also offered to do a zoom conversation to post on here. I’m going to try to figure out how and what I need to do that. It was very nice of him to offer. If I can figure it out, I’ll see if I can set it up.

Tom also talked about how much more energy the Dragons played with after Allen arrived. Very complementary, saying Allen’s energy changed the whole team. Said every team needed a player like that

There are 7 legit outfield prospects that could be in Dayton. They can’t all be there. Hinds, Hendrick, Allen, Dunn, Thompson, Boyd and Rogers. He seemed to think Hinds could go to Chattanooga and Boyd back to Daytona. That would still leave five. He thought Hendrick, Allen and Thompson would be in Dayton. That leaves Dunn and Rogers. I’m going to guess Rogers to Chattanooga.

I just “talked” with Tom Nichols on Twitter. He had some interesting things to say. For those that don’t know, Tom is the play by play man and director of media relations for the Dayton Dragons.

I asked who he thought would be the Starting pitchers in Dayton this season. He said Bonnin wouldn’t be ready to start the season and that his injury could be career threatening. I hate to hear that.

said Hajjar was shut down last august with shoulder problems. Was going to try to give it a go in spring training but some believe the issue will resurface.

Said Lyon Richardson told him there was “no chance” he started below AA but that was just player talk, he didn’t know for sure.

He thought Daytons starters would be Rivera, Petty, Aguiar, Hajjar (if healthy) and maybe Cooper or Hubbard. I have a hard time seeing it being Hubbard but Tom would know a lot more than me. He thought Parks could be moved to the bullpen unless there are injuries.

He thought Vellojin or Nelson could be brought back to Dayton to be the starting catcher.

I had Faltine projected to go to Dayton due to Daytona’s loaded infield. He said he would be surprised to see him start the season in Dayton. Said he wouldn’t be shocked if Jose Torres started back in Dayton

I asked about Henry Rodriguez. He said, mid season or later return (he had surgery in his knee or lower leg)

I asked about how much rope Joe Boyle would be given before moving him to the bullpen. He said “Boyle’s performance will answer your question. As long as he can compete as a starter, he will stay there. He is not a true “scatter arm” guy where he is hitting the backstop once a batter. His stuff is off the charts. Boyle is like Chapman in a sense in that his velocity plays up even higher than the radar gun tells you. Very hard for hitters to get the barrel on the ball. That’s why he gives up so few hits. Balls put in play are hit very weakly”

He also offered to do a zoom conversation to post on here. I’m going to try to figure out how and what I need to do that. It was very nice of him to offer. If I can figure it out, I’ll see if I can set it up.

Tom also talked about how much more energy the Dragons played with after Allen arrived. Very complementary, saying Allen’s energy changed the whole team. Said every team needed a player like that

There are 7 legit outfield prospects that could be in Dayton. They can’t all be there. Hinds, Hendrick, Allen, Dunn, Thompson, Boyd and Rogers. He seemed to think Hinds could go to Chattanooga and Boyd back to Daytona. That would still leave five. He thought Hendrick, Allen and Thompson would be in Dayton. That leaves Dunn and Rogers. I’m going to guess Rogers to Chattanooga.
Thanks for the update and the news about Allen. Very disturbing so many pitchers injured.

I would be shocked if Hinds starts the season anywhere but Chattanooga after getting the callup to AA in September and a run in the AZFL. Got off to a good start with 9 hits, 2 home runs & 4 RBIs in his 6 games for the Lookouts. Starting him in AA would make the most sense.

Thanks for the update and the news about Allen. Very disturbing so many pitchers injured.
I hated to hear they about Bonnin. He has great stuff. Maybe he can get thru it. Shoulders are a lot more of a problem than elbows now days. I’m sure you knew that tho.

I would be shocked if Hinds starts the season anywhere but Chattanooga after getting the callup to AA in September and a run in the AZFL. Got off to a good start with 9 hits, 2 home runs & 4 RBIs in his 6 games for the Lookouts. Starting him in AA would make the most sense.
He just played 6 games in Chattanooga but you are probably right

I had actually forgotten that he was called up at the end of the season.

Not good.
It is unfortunate to hear for sure. Had been considering him as an x-factor for the Reds and optimistic about the bullpen being a strength of this team dependent on everyone's health. Some of the Reds sites had been saying he could be the biggest bargain in all of baseball if healthy.
The Bally Sports streaming platform is useless. Can't ever watch the Reds on it on my other TVs and Sinclair never responds to any emails/inquiries to their site. It would be great to see some other network scoop up the RSNs available to more customers so I can finally ditch the costs of Directv for a much more cheaper service for no more than I watch TV. The MLB TV subscription blackouts Cincinnati games being in the regional market. In an age where so much is streaming would think this could go away eventually as the article seems to suggest is possible if Bally Sports completely folds. I'd be fine with the MLB TV getting the games for every team with no blackout restrictions for the local market and save 35% with a military discount as well over $100 a month on Directv for a cheaper service since I only watch sports.

Last edited:
It is concerning these issues are starting to rear its ugly head up right before players are about to report to ST. Hope to not miss any games on TV but at the end of the day, if there is a solution that comes out that opens up the old Bally Sports/FOX Sports regional channels to other providers it will be for the better.

By then, all the young arms in Dayton plus Phillips, Williams and Abbott will be up. (Not to mention, whoever they get when they trade Greene, Lodolo, India and Stephenson) If the Reds ever want to be good, they have to stick with the plan. Every player with value has to be traded with 1 1/2-2 years of control to maximize value.
That is the only way the Reds will be good is to stick with the plan AND see it through. Given the Reds cannot afford to re-sign everyone as a small market team, the nonstop fire sales have gotten the Reds no where. It's great that the Reds have a loaded farm system as it should be with all of the damn losing this franchise has had since the turn of the century. Instead we're fed the narrative to just wait until (insert name) makes his MLB Debut and the Reds might win in a short window to contend in before selling everyone off.

We're sick and damn tired of losing in Cincinnati and the FO does not give a shit. Get smartass comments from that smug bastard Phil Castellini 'Where are you going to go?' So far off from contending that it isn't funny and even ex-Reds like Arroyo see it. As one group of prospects come up through the system together, they'll be shipped off and it will be time to blow it all up over again. Rinse and repeat. Not to mention how many of them will or won't hit the ground running from day 1, hit the rookie wall or players dubbed a 'can't miss' prospect like Nick Senzel that have been nothing but a disappointment and the growing pains of Barrero. 6 winning seasons since the year 2000 and 5 out of 17 above .500 with the Castellinis as majority owners. May as well make it 5 out 18+ because they're not winning shit in 2023.

Last edited:
That is the only way the Reds will be good is to stick with the plan AND see it through. Given the Reds cannot afford to re-sign everyone as a small market team, the nonstop fire sales have gotten the Reds no where. It's great that the Reds have a loaded farm system as it should be with all of the damn losing this franchise has had since the turn of the century. Instead we're fed the narrative to just wait until (insert name) makes his MLB Debut and the Reds might win in a short window to contend in before selling everyone off.

We're sick and damn tired of losing in Cincinnati and the FO does not give a shit. Get smartass comments from that smug bastard Phil Castellini 'Where are you going to go?' So far off from contending that it isn't funny and even ex-Reds like Arroyo see it. As one group of prospects come up through the system together, they'll be shipped off and it will be time to blow it all up over again. Rinse and repeat. Not to mention how many of them will or won't hit the ground running from day 1, hit the rookie wall or players dubbed a 'can't miss' prospect like Nick Senzel that have been nothing but a disappointment and the growing pains of Barrero. 6 winning seasons since the year 2000 and 5 out of 17 above .500 with the Castellinis as majority owners. May as well make it 5 out 18+ because they're not winning shit in 2023.
Until Reds ownership has had enough of getting hit in the wallet with the empty stands and the uncertainty of the TV contracts going forward, you can expect Great American Ballpark to continue to look like a ghost town and damn near pick your own section to sit in alone. About the only thing that would bring a crowd to GABP would be another ten cent beer night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT