ADVERTISEMENT

Reds are officially done...

kev69

All-American
Feb 26, 2007
My sweet Gizmo 2002-2018
....headed for their 4th straight loss and the season is another failure.

Was watching at a bar on Sunday, and when they built a 3-0 lead, I was foolishly thinking they might have a chance to contend for the 2nd wild card.

I should have known they would shart all over themselves.

When does CFB start?

....headed for their 4th straight loss and the season is another failure.

Was watching at a bar on Sunday, and when they built a 3-0 lead, I was foolishly thinking they might have a chance to contend for the 2nd wild card.

I should have known they would shart all over themselves.

When does CFB start?

My thoughts. Exactly. Got a bit excited myself after 2 straight wins over Chicago. What was I thinking?

Reactions: kev69
FWIW, Nats reliever Javy Guerra earned a save for pitching last three innings, Washington only had a 17-4 lead when he came in the game, really worked his ass off for that "save". :rolleyes:

In my 45 years of Reds fandom, I can honestly say I don't think Ive ever been as interested in a season in which the Reds spent only one day over .500 and the majority of the time in last place.

The last 4-5 years were soooo uncompetitive that I had basically checked out on the Reds and baseball as a whole.

But this has been an enjoyable and interesting season and team to watch compared to those as they danced on the fringes of contention.

Sunday did kind of feel like the end, and this series did more than validate that.

All that said, I do think 2020 could be very exciting.....as it stands currently Reds will have the deepest if not best starting staff in the division and certainly top 3 in NL
Prudent spending by the front office to plug in a few gaps in the roster and they are right there.

And based on 19' you have to believe this will happen, I mean basically every player the F.O. acquired has made a positive impact. (Puig, Iglesias, Farmer, Dietrich, Wood, Bauer)

Looking forward to next year, but for now time to put baseball on the shelf and get primed for CFB.

The 8 game losing streak starting the season was something this team has not been able to overcome... I have a buddy who is a die-hard Reds fan and I go to some games with him occasionally and we have gone on baseball trips together ... don't really think this team is that bad they just seem to find a way to lose a lot of one-run games and not be able to stand prosperity.

Reactions: kev69 and WildcatDJ
well, they kept us mildly interested for 120 games or so, that is about as good as it gets in Reds-ville these days I suppose. :cry:

Reactions: WildcatDJ and kev69
Total clown show out there tonight boys. I may yet drive up for a game next month, because any day at the ballpark is a great day, but yeah, we're done.

With UF/Miami coming on Saturday, this is when my interest starts to wane. I feel good about what next year might bring, and even though this week had been frustrating to watch, thats only because we were still alive.

Theoretically we still are but we need some sort of Hollywood miracle. You don't lose games like wenl are tonight or the other night v DC inmid August and flip a September switch.

I think it’s been a fun ride and I’m very hopeful for next season. No disinterest in the rest of the season here.

2020:
Best rotation in the NLC
Lot of money off the books, we will get an impact bat and some bullpen help
Rookies Senzel, Aquino, VanMeter will have to fight off a sophomore slump

Let’s beat the Cardinals today and tomorrow!!

I think it’s been a fun ride and I’m very hopeful for next season. No disinterest in the rest of the season here.

2020:
Best rotation in the NLC
Lot of money off the books, we will get an impact bat and some bullpen help
Rookies Senzel, Aquino, VanMeter will have to fight off a sophomore slump

Let’s beat the Cardinals today and tomorrow!!
Yeah, the rotation is better than most teams.

However, I’m concerned that Votto could be about finished. Now on the DL with a bad back is not a good sign, especially since he’s showing little power and can’t get out of the .260’s.

The Reds will need to add a couple of bats in the offseason to contend in ‘20. We’ll see if they can do that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT