ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

I don't know if either of those guys would have made it to campus, but still not good that they are looking elsewhere now.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
It’s odd to me that no official announcement has come out for either assistant. Since there seems to be a lot of early commits in baseball and this us a prime scouting / future recruiting period, we would want boots on the ground scouting the future classes.

Am I missing something? Timing just seems very odd to me.

It’s odd to me that no official announcement has come out for either assistant. Since there seems to be a lot of early commits in baseball and this us a prime scouting / future recruiting period, we would want boots on the ground scouting the future classes.

I too find that a bit odd. Also, as a note, the UK athletics website has a 2020 roster. It isn't fully updated with the incoming freshmen, but it is different than the 2019 roster. It also only has Mingione and Guilliams as the coaches.

I have to imagine that the assistants are working in the background to ensure that we still get everyone in the 2019 class to come to school instead of transfer and to keep the 2020 recruits on board.

Reactions: parrott
I really don't have a feel for baseball recruiting. It seems like Louisville is owning the state right now. I'm not sure where the best shot at what our incoming class looks like. Where are you all finding this info?

I really don't have a feel for baseball recruiting. It seems like Louisville is owning the state right now. I'm not sure where the best shot at what our incoming class looks like. Where are you all finding this info?

Which class are you referring to? 2019 or 2020?

Perfect Game is where I usually go, but the information is very limited without a subscription.

Reactions: jseebold
Th
Which class are you referring to? 2019 or 2020?

Perfect Game is where I usually go, but the information is very limited without a subscription.
That's where I looked but does that include Juco's? Didn't look like it. Let's hope the new staff members infuse some life into this team. They seemed pretty hapless this spring.

Th

That's where I looked but does that include Juco's? Didn't look like it. Let's hope the new staff members infuse some life into this team. They seemed pretty hapless this spring.

It is kind of weird. The JUCO players are included in the year they graduated high school. So, you kind of have to know who is a JUCO when you look back at previous years. It's not a very good system.

Th

So, for 2019 you will have to look at the 2017 recruiting class. There you will find a few JUCO guys that will be on campus soon:

Oraj Anu - An outfielder currently playing in the Cape Cod Baseball League. He is doing pretty good and recently starred with TJ Collett in the home run derby.

Matthew Golda - A short stop was a top 100 prospect out of high school. Not sure where he is playing summer ball.

To my knowledge, these are the only two that are coming. There might be more that are less heralded. UK had two more, at least, that were high profile pitchers, but both signed professionally.

It is hard to keep up with a lot of it.

Fanning being let go and Belanger leaving has crippled the next class. Horrible move by Mingione.

This is way off. Also we just picked up 2 very solid hires. Got a great Pitching coach who has excelled at a good program and is known for his development. Also Coggin is known as an excellent recruiter and is still young. Mingione actually wanted him to come originally but he at least has him now.

I know for a fact one of the new assistants was recruiting last week at the biggest 15u event in the country bc he was at our game.

Reactions: parrott
This is way off. Also we just picked up 2 very solid hires. Got a great Pitching coach who has excelled at a good program and is known for his development. Also Coggin is known as an excellent recruiter and is still young. Mingione actually wanted him to come originally but he at least has him now.

Unless I am missing something there is no track record to conclude Coggin is an excellent recruiter. He was a volunteer asst at Miss State for one year and an assistant for one year = one year of division 1 recruiting experience. Hopefully he will do a great job here and prove to be an excellent recruiter.

How do you have any idea that Coggin is a great recruiter? Why was he an agent for the past two years? He was in an official role at MSU for less than a year. I agree Roszel looks like a good hire but you really can’t back up anything you said on Coggin.

So, for 2019 you will have to look at the 2017 recruiting class. There you will find a few JUCO guys that will be on campus soon:

Oraj Anu - An outfielder currently playing in the Cape Cod Baseball League. He is doing pretty good and recently starred with TJ Collett in the home run derby.

Matthew Golda - A short stop was a top 100 prospect out of high school. Not sure where he is playing summer ball.

To my knowledge, these are the only two that are coming. There might be more that are less heralded. UK had two more, at least, that were high profile pitchers, but both signed professionally.

It is hard to keep up with a lot of it.
One additional JUCO is Chase Bryan an outfielder from Seminole St, Oklahoma. Seminole St. is the school that brought us Breydon Daniel and Dalton Reed.

One additional JUCO is Chase Bryan an outfielder from Seminole St, Oklahoma. Seminole St. is the school that brought us Breydon Daniel and Dalton Reed.

Thank you. I saw him on twitter and looked him up. Looks like a pretty solid hitter. Couldn't find anything on where he is playing this summer.

ADVERTISEMENT