ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting rankings

Louisville’s tough. As much as I dislike them their coach seems to be high quality. Our new stadium , playing in the SEC plus a great vibrant young coach should close the gap quickly. Not an expert but would think it’s difficult to rank young baseball players . So many develop later through hard individual work and maturing. Pitching included.

Louisville’s tough. As much as I dislike them their coach seems to be high quality. Our new stadium , playing in the SEC plus a great vibrant young coach should close the gap quickly. Not an expert but would think it’s difficult to rank young baseball players . So many develop later through hard individual work and maturing. Pitching included.

Well, they have certainly had more success than we have on the field, but I think that this coaching staff can change that.

Recruiting, there really isn't a major gap. Lousville had a monster recruiting year this year, but last year they were 24th while UK finished in the top 12. One thing that is not accounted for in the PG rankings is that UK has at least 4 guys who are JUCO guys coming in, and all of them somewhat highly touted. Not sure how many Louisville has.

This will be year where we really see if the rubber meets the road with our new coaching staff. I think we were robbed a year ago and I am willing to write things off for them. However, this year things will be tough considering we have to replace a ton of talent. Two weekend starters are gone, and so is our closer. Even a transfer we were set to rely on headed to the pros before pitching a single inning for UK. We also lose a ton of talent at the plate. It will be a testament to this staff if they can once again be highly competitive and get back to the post season.

One team that is intriguing on the PG rankings is Tennessee. They have had 3 top recruiting classes in a row, 5th in 2016, 15th in 2017, and 6th in 2018. With their new coaching staff, they may very well bounce back into being a contender soon.

ADVERTISEMENT