ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting/attrition question for y'all..

Athletic 2 guards who can't shoot are a dime a dozen and don't have a place in the NBA. If he wants an NBA career he'll come back and polish his game, or he can go play summer league ball then hit the G League or whatever country Briscoe is playing in.

The NBA wants bigs who can guard multiple positions and hit the three. Guards who have weak handles, bricklayers, and low IQ are not going to make it in today's NBA. His athleticism isn't carrying him thru NCAA let alone the NBA. It's in his best interest to return for at least one and best two years.

Reactions: ~Keyser Soze~
I think Knox, SGA, and Wynyard are gone.

Washington may test the NBA waters and after hearing Calipari's presser where he admitted to holding players back, then I wouldn't be surprised to see Diallo go too.

Green
Baker
Gabriel
Vanderbilt
SKJ

Quickly
Herro
Johnson
Richards
EarnedNotGiven
?
?
?

Washington needs one more year of getting stronger.and polish on the block and from the line. Work on his jumper as well. Diallo needs to refine his entire game and focus on being a defensive stopper ala marcus smart. Those two return to the above and we are the favorites next year.

I'm just going to assume that we lose Knox, SGA, Diallo, Vanderbilt, Gabriel, Washington and Wynyard.

I do this every year so if a couple return, I'm thrilled.

I think Knox, SGA, and Wynyard are gone.

Washington may test the NBA waters and after hearing Calipari's presser where he admitted to holding players back, then I wouldn't be surprised to see Diallo go too.

Green
Baker
Gabriel
Vanderbilt
SKJ

Quickly
Herro
Johnson
Richards
EarnedNotGiven
?
?
?
Agree. But unless he gets hurt during the NCAAT, I don’t see a realistic scenario now in which Diallo stays. OTOH Washington has to return, and his Dad is smart enough to know that. Next year’s roster Richards, SKJ, Gabriel, Vanderbilt, Washington, Johnson, Green, Quickley, Herro, Baker, plus 1 more scholarship player TBD. Then Jeffries and Wiseman enter in the next class.

Washington needs one more year of getting stronger.and polish on the block and from the line. Work on his jumper as well. Diallo needs to refine his entire game and focus on being a defensive stopper ala marcus smart. Those two return to the above and we are the favorites next year.
I agree with you, but apparently since a player can test the NBA waters every year now, then it would only take a good showing in the Combine against weak competition to turn a GM's head.

Regardless I think UK will still have a pretty amazing team next season. Hopefully Washington will stay. I'm indifferent on Diallo.

Knox and SGA are locks being lottery/near lottery.

I actually think SGA is the more lock guy of the two because I think Cal will advise to strike while the iron is hot and because Knox is extra young and doesn't seem particularly under any real pressure other than internally to jump.

Woodchooper seems out. Might already be off the team.

Hami, I'm sure wants to go but I tend to believe he should come back and come back stomping to be the lottery pick he has the upside to become.

Washington is who I estimate is next in the interest pecking order but it is 2nd round small ball PF/C flier interest. He definitely can help himself mightily by returning and improving his handle, shooting, and overall consistency. He also just doesn't rebound enough to really nail down the small ball big man thing.

Vanderbilt, I believe was approaching 1st round status despite the no offense issue but the new injury probably generates too many question marks for comfort.

Wenyon is developing into a real stretch four but I'm dubious of the market for him this season.

Five has become a really high number, I say we lose 3 at this point which means we'll be loaded pretty solidly.

I would just like to say I’m so proud of this board. Georgia poster starts a thread and everyone has been so civil. Now I did not read any post after the first page but to get thru one hole page without an attack just makes me so happy. Think I’ll drink another bud. Love and peace.

5% just one leaves
25% just two leave (Knox & SGA)
35% three leave
25% four leave
10% five leave

(the above is either via NBA, overseas, or transfer)

The order of most likely would be:
Knox
SGA
Diallo
Gabriel
Vanderbilt
SGA
Richards
Washington
Green
SGA leaving twice will be a killer !

ADVERTISEMENT