ADVERTISEMENT

Rec Center Basketball Court, Paintsville

fvanhoose

Sophomore
Dec 1, 2007
Columbia, SC
It has been a long time since I was living in Kentucky but when I was I spent a great deal of my time playing pickup Basketball at the Recreation Center court in Paintsville, Ky. Just wondering if there is anyone on this board who played there between 1978 and 1986. Have not been back there since then and have not even picked up a basketball since 1990 when I was playing on the Transition Point team in the Army at Fort Jackson.

I didn't play there too much but I've heard all the stories of my dad playing ball there. He would have been playing right around the time frame you are referring too. He joined the army around that time as well. Small world.

I didn't play there too much but I've heard all the stories of my dad playing ball there. He would have been playing right around the time frame you are referring too. He joined the army around that time as well. Small world.

I joined the army in 1986. Have not played there since that as I've always lived here in SC since that. Since I was somewhat older than a lot of the regulars there I figure your dad would be younger than I. I'm 63 now. If you want to shoot me a PM and let me know the name of your Dad I'd love to see if I know him. There was a pretty solid core group of us who played every weekend and a lot of times at night on the weekdays.

I played on the company team while I was on Ft. Jackson. Have not touched a basketball since then though. Sure wish I was still able to play. That concrete court was hard on the legs. Remember playing with shin splints so bad I could barely walk but could not keep me off the court. Good memories.

It has been a long time since I was living in Kentucky but when I was I spent a great deal of my time playing pickup Basketball at the Recreation Center court in Paintsville, Ky. Just wondering if there is anyone on this board who played there between 1978 and 1986. Have not been back there since then and have not even picked up a basketball since 1990 when I was playing on the Transition Point team in the Army at Fort Jackson.

If FVanhoose says, "h8n8, I AM your father!"........I'm gonna flip.

Reactions: Cat78Scot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT