ADVERTISEMENT

Realistically who do we lose from 2018-19 team?

Wildcats1st

All-American
Sep 16, 2017
The only solid players I see leaving are
PJ
Travis (of course)
Maybe Kheldon Johnson

Who are the others? How many first rounders? I’ve seen mocks with Johnson as the only lottery pick and mock draft with no one.

I think Quickley or Hagans, not both. If Herro shoots at a high clip and is projected first round he should go too.

pl9ym.jpg

Nick Richards,EJ,one of quickly/Hagans,Herro if he has a season like he played in the Bahamas

PJ
Travis (of course)
Maybe Kheldon Johnson

Who are the others? How many first rounders? I’ve seen mocks with Johnson as the only lottery pick and mock draft with no one.
I only expect guards Hagans, Baker, Green and Herro to return.

Baker is the only scholarship player I feel confident about getting back.

We probably get a couple more back, but I don't have any ideas which ones.

Since this is the way too early thread, Kentucky will go 40-0. There I said it

As much a I would love to see it? 2015 about killed me. And if it was stressful for us fans, I can’t imagine the toll it took on Cal and the team.
I would love to see it. But entering NCAA tourney play undefeated is up there with some of the most stressful stimuli out there.

As much a I would love to see it? 2015 about killed me. And if it was stressful for us fans, I can’t imagine the toll it took on Cal and the team.
I would love to see it. But entering NCAA tourney play undefeated is up there with some of the most stressful stimuli out there.
I wasn’t being serious I just figured I’d add to the list. I couldn’t care less about undefeated. I don’t want to ever feel that pressure again, and I’m not on the team

I wasn’t being serious I just figured I’d add to the list. I couldn’t care less about undefeated. I don’t want to ever feel that pressure again, and I’m not on the team

I figured you weren’t but man. I was nearly physically ill every tournament game. “Is this it? Is this the one?”
And you’re right. We weren’t even on the team.

I figured you weren’t but man. I was nearly physically ill every tournament game. “Is this it? Is this the one?”
And you’re right. We weren’t even on the team.
The only thing saving me from jumping off a cliff, was reading the meltdowns here. Bbblazing who posts on the football forum now came over and said he was done watching U.K. it was an epic thread as people were telling him don’t come back. It had me in good tears, not the other

Can’t we at least enjoy the season first before starting this who’s leaving stuff?!?! :mad:

How about we wait til end of season to discuss recruiting too??

How about this which 3 - 5 scholarship players return?

I think it's easiest to measure in numbers. Chances to leave:

KJ, PJ, EJ, Green, Herro, Hagans, Quickley, Richards. Reid is gone regardless.

Some above are more likely than others. But I'd say the safe bet is we retain 2. Hard to see how a team could be that productive in just 175 game minutes (25 for Reid) to see 7+ players leave. Some freshman will struggle, some just won't get much playing time. whoever our 7th and 8th best players are will be drafted towards the mid to late 2nd round.

The chances of losing all 8 has to be close to be quite low.

Green - NBA draft/transfer/overseas... UK doesn't usually have juniors not from Kentucky under Cal
Richards - NBA... UK doesn't usually have juniors not from Kentucky under Cal
Washington - NBA... UK doesn't usually have juniors not from Kentucky under Cal
Johnson - NBA
Travis - Can't come back
Montgomery - NBA

those are locks

Quickley, Hagans, Herro... those are question marks. Would expect to lose at least one of em, probably Hagans. Players don't often reclassify just to spend 2 years in college. Dakari Johnson is the exception.

Reactions: gracetoyou
I've learned to NEVER assume anyone is coming back based on pre-season expectations.

Green - NBA draft/transfer/overseas... UK doesn't usually have juniors not from Kentucky under Cal
Johnson - NBA
Travis - Can't come back
Montgomery - NBA

those are locks

Quickley, Hagans, Herro... those are question marks. Would expect to lose at least one of em, probably Hagans. Players don't often reclassify just to spend 2 years in college. Dakari Johnson is the exception.

Agree! If Herro had a big season & consistently plays the way he played in Bahamas in spurts I think he flirts with it also. At UK if he starts playing well he will get the attention & start moving up the draft board. He certainly may not be ready for the NBA but we all know how it works.

5 at minimum. 6 likely. 7 possible.

After the last few years or so I just assume we lose most everyone lol.

Feasibly we could lose

PJ
EJ
Travis
Hagans
Herro
Green
KJ
Maybe even IQ

I believe Reid Travis and Jonny David are the only one who are leaving for sure right now.

I'm ready to enjoy this season and these players without worrying who may/may not be on the roster next season.
I wish there was a way to like this post on multiple levels

PJ
Travis (of course)
Maybe Kheldon Johnson

Of course anything now is speculation or pure guess. No one is 100% gone (except SRs) and no one is 100% returing (except walk-ons).

My "guesses" (% likely gone after this year):
Travis 100%
PJ - 90%
Johnson - 70%
Richards - 60%
Hagans - 50%
Montgomery - 40%
Quickley - 40%
Herro - 40%
Green - 10% (too small)
Baker - 5% (won't play enough)

Johnson - NBA
Travis - Can't come back
Montgomery - NBA

those are locks

Each situation is unique.
Your JRs statement is a bit too broad. For example, we've only had 1 undersized guard at UK under Cal, and he (Ulis) was a special player. Green is unlikely to become a special player this year, and Green is undersized.

Johnson - NBA
Travis - Can't come back
Montgomery - NBA

those are locks

Willie Cauley-Stein stayed for his Junior year (albeit because of injury).

Alex Poythress stayed for his Junior year.

Marcus Lee stayed for his Junior year.

So there are exceptions to the rule.

Having said that, I would be shocked to see Washington or Richards back. Green might return. He keeps getting better it seems. His size will keep him from getting drafted most likely. He might decide to return for one more season.

Green and Baker are my guess to stay. I think the rest could leave.

Travis- uses up eligibility, probably a 2nd rounder.

Montgomery- lottery pick.

Johnson- lottery pick.

Hagans- lottery pick.

Herro- mid to late first rounder.

Washington- late first rounder/2nd rounder.

Richards- late first rounder/2nd rounder.

Quickley- late first rounder/2nd rounder.

Just my guess.

Next season is going to be tough, unless some guys surprise us and return.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT