ADVERTISEMENT

RB from Ironton

Thanks...I assume UK and he went separate ways earlier...
It is publicly known that Coach Marrow tried to recruit Keyes, Trevor Carter, and Ty Perkins from Ironton as late as November. It was reported that Coach Marrow made a final visit to Ironton to talk with all three players. Within 72 hours after Marrow's trip, Keyes decommitted from WI and there was a lot of speculation at the time that Keyes would flip to UK soon. But I think Stoops and Marrow zeroed in on Jamarion Wilcox and Trey Cornist for their own reasons. Wilcox was UK's top RB target after his visit to Lexington on October 14, and that became a UK-Auburn-OH St-Clemson recruiting battle. Wilcox's senior season at South Paulding hs was dominant, with 2,059 rushing yards and 29 TDs. It is not clear whether Keyes' interest in Wake Forest picked up before or after Marrow focused on Wilcox and Cornist. But Keyes' OV to Wake Forest didn't occur until Dec. 16.

I expect Keyes will do very well at Wake Forest. He is a fine prospect, as shown by his offer sheet which included at least 4 B10 offers including IA and MI. Carter and Perkins stuck with their Cincinnati commitments after Satterfield replaced Fickell. Cornist signed with Tulane, and I suspect Coach Stoops had decided by then to take a RB from the portal. I could be wrong, but my uneducated guess is that Marrow could have gotten Keyes or Cornist if he really pushed for either. UK's coaches were very impressed with Ray Davis' performance on Nov. 12 when Vandy upset UK in Lexington. Then Davis rushed for 122 yards when Vandy upset FL the following week. Taking Davis out of the portal built some leadership in UK's RB room to replace Chris Rodriguez's loss. FWIW.

It is publicly known that Coach Marrow tried to recruit Keyes, Trevor Carter, and Ty Perkins from Ironton as late as November. It was reported that Coach Marrow made a final visit to Ironton to talk with all three players. Within 72 hours after Marrow's trip, Keyes decommitted from WI and there was a lot of speculation at the time that Keyes would flip to UK soon. But I think Stoops and Marrow zeroed in on Jamarion Wilcox and Trey Cornist for their own reasons. Wilcox was UK's top RB target after his visit to Lexington on October 14, and that became a UK-Auburn-OH St-Clemson recruiting battle. Wilcox's senior season at South Paulding hs was dominant, with 2,059 rushing yards and 29 TDs. It is not clear whether Keyes' interest in Wake Forest picked up before or after Marrow focused on Wilcox and Cornist. But Keyes' OV to Wake Forest didn't occur until Dec. 16.

I expect Keyes will do very well at Wake Forest. He is a fine prospect, as shown by his offer sheet which included at least 4 B10 offers including IA and MI. Carter and Perkins stuck with their Cincinnati commitments after Satterfield replaced Fickell. Cornist signed with Tulane, and I suspect Coach Stoops had decided by then to take a RB from the portal. I could be wrong, but my uneducated guess is that Marrow could have gotten Keyes or Cornist if he really pushed for either. UK's coaches were very impressed with Ray Davis' performance on Nov. 12 when Vandy upset UK in Lexington. Then Davis rushed for 122 yards when Vandy upset FL the following week. Taking Davis out of the portal built some leadership in UK's RB room to replace Chris Rodriguez's loss. FWIW.

Just awarding you 10 internet points for using the correct spelling of dominant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT