ADVERTISEMENT

Ray Tanner an Illiterate A-Hole

Kentucky has historically been screwed out of this tournament. Absolute robbery to see teams with less w-l records & lower RPI's get in. Just asked Keith Madison what hev thinks of the NCAA selection process. I am rooting for rain to corrupt this tournament. These assh-les deserve each other.

Kentucky has historically been screwed out of this tournament. Absolute robbery to see teams with less w-l records & lower RPI's get in. Just asked Keith Madison what hev thinks of the NCAA selection process. I am rooting for rain to corrupt this tournament. These assh-les deserve each other.
Alberto may grant your rain wishes, we got snubbed when Keith Madison was coach at least 3 times. There were only 48 teams selected mostly during his time, and they still got jobbed !

Guy can barely string together a complete sentence. He, of all people, should understand the SEC meat grinder, but spare me the lecture about conference record Ray. What an idiot.

He may not meet your academic standards, but he knows how to win a National Championship in baseball. And he’s smart enough to know you aren’t going to do it with a 13-18 record in your league.

He may not meet your academic standards, but he knows how to win a National Championship in baseball. And he’s smart enough to know you aren’t going to do it with a 13-18 record in your league.
Nor is a team with the resume of Northeastern but he didn’t have the intelligence to leave them out did he?

Guy can barely string together a complete sentence. He, of all people, should understand the SEC meat grinder, but spare me the lecture about conference record Ray. What an idiot.

This is the kind is the kind of post you get when a basketball fan decides to stick his toe in the college baseball water.

No one questioned his coaching pedigree. I am questioning his judgment as committee chairman. And all leagues are not created equal.

Which is why the SEC got 10 teams in and other leagues did not.

There is no artificial cap related to the number of teams that can get in from one conference. Look no further than softball where all 13 teams got into the tournament despite some (e.g. UK) having losing conference records.

There is no way that UK did not have one of the more deserving resumes of all at-large teams under consideration.

In this age of super conferences, all league schedules are not created equal (unless you're the Big 12), so to assign so much weight to conference record is silly.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
There is no artificial cap related to the number of teams that can get in from one conference. Look no further than softball where all 13 teams got into the tournament despite some (e.g. UK) having losing conference records.

There is no way that UK did not have one of the more deserving resumes of all at-large teams under consideration.

In this age of super conferences, all league schedules are not created equal (unless you're the Big 12), so to assign so much weight to conference record is silly.

It may be silly to you, but a 13-18 record in a league is very real.

BTW, before you go spouting off about how much college baseball you watch I’ll give you some inside baseball.

I once (or more) saw Keith Madison coach in a game. As an assistant.

So bet till your heart is content. I’m in.

BTW, before you go spouting off about how much college baseball you watch I’ll give you some inside baseball.

I saw Adam Dunn and Joey Votto play in AAA. I guess that means I know everything there is to know about hitting.

I saw Adam Dunn and Joey Votto play in AAA. I guess that means I know everything there is to know about hitting.

This whipper snapper wanted to place a wager on how many college baseball games I have seen and I thought I would give him some perspective before I took possession of the proverbial farm.

Try to keep up.

Sounds good, internet tough guy. If that's the case, then you're that much worse as your startling lack of baseball knowledge would indicate someone who has watched very little baseball. Guess you just don't pay attention after all of these years of watching!

And your original comment is lame. Of course 13-18 is "very real". Yes, we really did have a 13-18 record. No one is disputing that. My point is that our 13-18 in the SEC is better than another team's .500 in a (much) lesser conference. Most here and elsewhere (e.g. national experts like Aaron Fitt and Kendall Rogers who think the cats should have been IN) agree with me and not you.

Sounds good, internet tough guy. If that's the case, then you're that much worse as your startling lack of baseball knowledge would indicate someone who has watched very little baseball. Guess you just don't pay attention after all of these years of watching!

And your original comment is lame. Of course 13-18 is "very real". Yes, we really did have a 13-18 record. No one is disputing that. My point is that our 13-18 in the SEC is better than another team's .500 in a (much) lesser conference. Most here and elsewhere (e.g. national experts like Aaron Fitt and Kendall Rogers who think the cats should have been IN) agree with me and not you.

I’m not the one who said he/she wanted to place a wager, internet tough guy/gal.

And just because you aren’t keeping up, I’m making the argument that UK was left out because of their conference record. Which they were. So regardless of who you think might agree with you or disagree with you, you’re wrong and I’m right, because UK ain’t going to be playing next weekend.

Thanks for playing.

Most people on here are having a hard time understanding the way things went down today, so I'm going to try and keep my emotions out of this.

But, I for one am glad you are out of "coaching" because your posts on this board are embarrassing to the UK program. I am praying (as Coach Madison would) you are not able to be around the current and future players. Please just take your negative comments elsewhere or learn to discuss things differently.

Well aren’t we high and mighty. And woefully misguided and confused.

Welcome to ignore.

Why did TAM get in genius? Same pre tourney record as UK.

Reactions: RogerIndy
What a bust of a year. Was busy all day and just checked out the bracket and saw we got snubbed. Very disappointing considering the expectations for this year.

I understand your frustration, but Ray is not the kind of person to be biased against certain teams. I agree that the committee should take the top 64 teams, but unfortunately that's not how it works currently. We got knocked out in fairly similar fashion last year.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...h-carolina/usc-baseball/article153226559.html

I don't think Ray is biased, but I think the excuse was extremely weak.

It stinks that happened to the Gamecocks a year ago, but there are some distinctions. One being that USC only won 2 series in SEC play. UK won 5. UK also got two series wins against teams that are hosting, including one on the road. UK had 7 wins against top 15 opponents going 7-9 in those games and winning 3 of the 5 series against them. Another distinction is that there were a lot of upsets in the conference tournaments a year ago which cut down on at large bids. There were not many this year. That article also states the last 4 in and 2 of those were SEC teams who had better conference records than USC with 16 wins. This year UK didn't get in but Northeastern did despite not winning a series against a single regional team.

Similar circumstances on the surface, but very different.

Last edited:
I don't think Ray is biased, but I think the excuse was extremely weak.

It stinks that happened to the Gamecocks a year ago, but there are some distinctions. One being that USC only won 2 series in SEC play. UK won 5. UK also got two series wins against teams that are hosting, including one on the road. UK had 7 wins against top 15 opponents going 7-9 in those games and winning 3 of the 5 series against them. Another distinction is that there were a lot of upsets in the conference tournaments a year ago which cut down on at large bids. There were not many this year. That article also states the last 4 in and 2 of those were SEC teams who had better conference records than USC with 16 wins. This year UK didn't get in but Northeastern did despite not winning a series against a single regional team.

Similar circumstances on the surface, but very different.
CBK3, you're correct, it's not exactly the same. However, my point is that we finished with the same conference record and similar RPI, and we were certainly a top 64 team and didn't make it.

Until they change how they select, there are going to be bubble teams that get the short end of the stick.

CBK3, you're correct, it's not exactly the same. However, my point is that we finished with the same conference record and similar RPI, and we were certainly a top 64 team and didn't make it.

Until they change how they select, there are going to be bubble teams that get the short end of the stick.
Very true. In many situations it can be a bit of an either or, but I don't see any legitimate justification for Northeastern getting a nod over UK.

I really don't think there is anyone to blame except our poor luck with injuries to our pitching staff at the worst possible time. Until the last couple of weeks of the season, we were looking pretty good.

What concerns me is that there will be a new chairman next season, what if that committee decides to take RPI and SOS into account more than Conf. record, and we go 16-14 in the SEC for instance, but have a lower RPI and SOS, could wind up being left out again.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
What concerns me is that there will be a new chairman next season, what if that committee decides to take RPI and SOS into account more than Conf. record, and we go 16-14 in the SEC for instance, but have a lower RPI and SOS, could wind up being left out again.

Exactly. People forget that UK was 15-15 in SEC a few years ago and was left out (and that record included series victories over LSU and Florida) b/c the RPI was 52. Which is it?

Also, UK was unduly penalized for two sweeps. In my mind, winning or losing a series is more important than whether or not yet sweep (or get swept). If UK is .500 in weekend series, that is more important than whether you are 16-14, 13-17, or 15-15.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
ADVERTISEMENT