ADVERTISEMENT

Raptors fire coach of the year Dwane Casey

Seeding in the NBA is all but pointless. Just have the best player. Cleveland had the best player. Insane to fire Casey, they can’t get LeBron and they can’t get anyone better than Casey.
True. Curious who their next 'better' HC is.

Reactions: BassProCat
Their GM is an idiot. He should have kept Casey and traded DeRozan to some trash team like Atlanta. Why these guys let players basically quit to get their coaches fired is beyond me. Yeah I know they think good coaches are easier to find than great players. But I'm sick of these divas who turn on coaches.

That's why this COY stuff should be done after the championships, if at all.

This is the right answer.

Wow, a #1 seed in the East with a struggling Cavs, and Hayward's leg exploding 5 minutes into the season?

Meanwhile there's a team in the West that just broke their franchise record in wins, stole the #1 seed from the most villainous team in decades, and did it with two stars, playing the same position, and a bunch of cast-offs. This team broke the record for 3's made in a season, cherry on top... Oh, and they DIDN'T get knocked out early..

Yeah, you're damn right it's the Rockets. How does D'Antoni not get COY?

Their GM is an idiot. He should have kept Casey and traded DeRozan to some trash team like Atlanta. Why these guys let players basically quit to get their coaches fired is beyond me. Yeah I know they think good coaches are easier to find than great players. But I'm sick of these divas who turn on coaches.
I agree he shouldn’t have been fired but Derozan didn’t quit to get him fired he just sucked like he has in most of his playoff games

[laughing]

All because him and DeRozen didn’t get along?

A broken relationship with DeRozan is likely part of it, but certainly not "all."

No. 1 seeds aren't supposed to get easily swept by 4 seeds, much less in the completely embarrassing manner Toronto did. They looked like they just plain quit by the end of that series (especially in that 35 point clinching loss).

Combine that with the fact that Casey's team perrenially seem to underperform in the playoffs, and I can kinda see why they might've thought it was time for a change.

Preposterous!!! Guy can coach. He will land on his feet soon in a good gig. He pulled a Joe B benching on DeRozan and the management probably didn't like it. I think he had had enough of Demars disappearing act and put someone else in that wanted to compete. I'm sure King James will call him and apologize.

I was the pastor of a former Washington State coach who got fired after Jason Kapono put up nearly 50 on him. He told me that Jason came up to him and apologized for scoring so many on him. Kapono had known that his job was on the line and felt bad that he was fired shortly after. True story.

Which is why I don't get why great college coaches leave for the NBA. Unless you win the title your job is not safe. Had Cal left for Cleveland a few years back, he would be on the hot seat if they lost to the Warriors two years in a row.

He wouldn’t , I know that but could Casey coach here again considering how things went here in the late eighties under Sutton? I say yes because other program retain coaches with a show cause (UL), retain coaches who had assistants busted by the FBI and supposedly are on tape according to a major media (Arizona) or kept a coach and took zero penalties for cheating (UNC). I can’t see how Casey would be taboo for us while everyone else does whatever they want.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT