ADVERTISEMENT

Ranked Minnesota at Arkansas tonight

Again, business decisions are life decisions. They were not payed to attend UK, they were paid in the NBA in which Cal does the best job in preparing kids, just like other schools do for differing careers.

My problem with this is Monk probably went lower in the draft than he was projected in high school. Before the one and done rule guys like LeBron and Kobe were tearing up the NBA straight out of high school. You don’t need to go to a certain place to “prepare you better” for the NBA IMO. He hasn’t exactly been lighting it up this year.

So that was your business decision too right?
It absolutely was, and I have made many others for the best of my career and family, but I didn't publicize it. I personally like Kentucky, but just as most of your fans dislike Coach Anderson, most Arkansas fans despise Coach Calipari, which dates back to at least his time in Memphis.

My problem with this is Monk probably went lower in the draft than he was projected in high school. Before the one and done rule guys like LeBron and Kobe were tearing up the NBA straight out of high school. You don’t need to go to a certain place to “prepare you better” for the NBA IMO. He hasn’t exactly been lighting it up this year.

Not really on a team to "light" it up in his first year...for a shooter it's hard to be consistent when you're not seeing consistent minutes.. needed to be on a team like phx, ny etc in his first yr.

Reactions: brianpoe
You don’t need to go to a certain place to “prepare you better” for the NBA IMO.

This shows your ignorance on the subject. Kansas alone has squashed more OAD draft dreams than any other school.

Ask Alexander, Selby, Diallo you must be dumb and deaf not to realize this or hear what the NBA execs say about kids from UK.

Look at our players in the pro's vs Duke.

Hopefully your football knowledge is better than you bball. Good luck with the new coach btw, I like the guy.

The SEC is as deep as I can ever remember it, and I've been following UK basketball for over 50 years. Tennessee is ranked for goodness sakes. It's always tough for UK on the road in the SEC. Always a white, black or some color out, and free t-shirt night. This year though some of those schools have really good teams to. I have a feeling we're going to take some lumps on the road.

The SEC is as deep as I can ever remember it, and I've been following UK basketball for over 50 years. Tennessee is ranked for goodness sakes. It's always tough for UK on the road in the SEC. Always a white, black or some color out, and free t-shirt night. This year though some of those schools have really good teams to. I have a feeling we're going to take some lumps on the road.
I completely agree. Arkansas is very talented and deep, but we may take some lumps on the road as well.

Reactions: JunkyardHawg

I completely agree. Arkansas is very talented and deep, but we may take some lumps on the road as well.

How you been dog?

We re all glad to see a SEC team other than us finally beat a ranked opponent.

Good job.

Not sure we intended to have a full out Hog reunion, you guys better get back to your board or the other 2 Arky fans there may shut that thing down.

Good job.

Not sure we intended to have a full out Hog reunion, you guys better get back to your board or the other 2 Arky fans there may shut that thing down.
Junkyard is a great fan, in fact, I will go out on a limb and say that him and I have probably been posting here on the Kentucky page longer than most of the Kentucky Fans here. Good luck to the Cats this year, I am already looking forward to the matchup in Bud Walton Arena.

Good job.

I've been around longer than you, chief. I'll come and go as i please thank you very much.

I've been around longer than you, chief. I'll come and go as i please thank you very much.

Sorry hoghead, I was here the day it opened, everyone knows this (bpoe initially).

I've chatted with you for over 10 years too btw.. it seems you have become a little thin skinned in your old age....

Sorry hoghead, I was here the day it opened, everyone knows this (bpoe initially).

I've chatted with you for over 10 years too btw.. it seems you have become a little thin skinned in your old age....

Not at all. I remember, you used to be pretty cool. Haven't been here enough to tell if you still are. Just thought the 2 fan comment was kind of petty. Peace.

Not at all. I remember, you used to be pretty cool. Haven't been here enough to tell if you still are. Just thought the 2 fan comment was kind of petty. Peace.

Might as well get things started a little early this season, looks like Mike has your boys ready to do something this year.

You guys are always one of the most athletic but also so disappointing, especially toward the end of the season with a mindnumbing loss that cost you a seed or even an invite, although you guys showed well last year. But it's past time the hogs made some noise. Great start destroying Pitino Jr.

Might as well get things started a little early this season, looks like Mike has your boys ready to do something this year.

You guys are always one of the most athletic but also so disappointing, especially toward the end of the season with a mindnumbing loss that cost you a seed or even an invite, although you guys showed well last year. But it's past time the hogs made some noise. Great start destroying Pitino Jr.

Can't disagree with any of it. Took longer than we expected with Mike. I was actually a Pel guy, wanted him to succeed but he really left us in a pinch with the APR. I'm a huge Mike guy, i know some here don't like him but he's the one i've always wanted. I think he gets a raw deal from some. He's actually a pretty classy guy and always gives credit where it's due.

I think it's finally rolling. Great class coming in next year and there's a lot of in-state talent for the foreseeable future(Stay the hell away from it lol). I've only watched a couple of your games so far this year but i know Cal will have y'all rolling when it counts.

See ya in February.

Can't disagree with any of it. Took longer than we expected with Mike. I was actually a Pel guy, wanted him to succeed but he really left us in a pinch with the APR. I'm a huge Mike guy, i know some here don't like him but he's the one i've always wanted. I think he gets a raw deal from some. He's actually a pretty classy guy and always gives credit where it's due.

I think it's finally rolling. Great class coming in next year and there's a lot of in-state talent for the foreseeable future(Stay the hell away from it lol). I've only watched a couple of your games so far this year but i know Cal will have y'all rolling when it counts.

See ya in February.
He wasn't and didn't when he lost to the cats last year

ADVERTISEMENT