ADVERTISEMENT

Ranked Minnesota at Arkansas tonight

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
Arkansas a solid favorite and should be. Would love to see a SEC team get another nice OOC win, especially over little Pitino.

67-54. Minnesota trails with 11 mins left in game.

Kyle Tucker
SEC basketball is 7-1 today and Arkansas is up 11 on No. 14 Minnesota in the second half. Gators beat ranked Cincy and Alabama gets a shot at Arizona later.

Did I see that right?
Arkansas is attempting just their 6th free throw for the game to Minnesota’s 25 attempts?

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Certainly not surprised by an Arky win, but the margin is a more than expected. Arky has thoroughly controlled this game.

I haven't checked in in yr or so.. big win for the Hogs. Hope this style of play and foundation holds true for us. I went to all the SEC tourneys as a kid when I met tons of KY fans. In my 30s now. Nothing but respect for you guys and always glance in on the board to see y'alls opinion on the hogs and SEC in general. Good luck this season

Arkansas doesn't have an abundance of "One and Done" basketball players and many Arkansas Fans were tough on Monk and Goodwin not because they left the state to play at Kentucky, but the "business decision" comments that rubbed many the wrong way.

Arkansas doesn't have an abundance of "One and Done" basketball players and many Arkansas Fans were tough on Monk and Goodwin not because they left the state to play at Kentucky, but the "business decision" comments that rubbed many the wrong way.

Why is it that only kids that play ball can’t decide on the school best for their long term future?

These kids don’t live their lives to entertain you just because you live in the same state.

Yeah, not buying that one.

Why is it that only kids that play ball can’t decide on the school best for their long term future?

These kids don’t live their lives to entertain you just because you live in the same state.
I think you missed my point. I personally want the young men to do what is best for them, and it didn't bother me one bit that they chose Kentucky, but you have to understand that they grew up playing High School and AAU ball with some current players, and the "business decision" comments were what bothered many.

I think you missed my point. I personally want the young men to do what is best for them, and it didn't bother me one bit that they chose Kentucky, but you have to understand that they grew up playing High School and AAU ball with some current players, and the "business decision" comments were what bothered many.

Again, business decisions are life decisions. They were not payed to attend UK, they were paid in the NBA in which Cal does the best job in preparing kids, just like other schools do for differing careers.

Bill Gates played on computers with friends in Washington but decided to go to Harvard...

But he’s a white guy that doesn’t entertain a bunch of entitled hog fans who are still waiting for Corliss and Scotty to walk through the door....

Reactions: westerncat

Let's be real, the only thing that bothered anyone was they didn't choose to play at the school they wanted to. We give the NCAA and coaches crap about acting "holier than thou" but fans are just as awful at it. Getting mad at their own players for leaving early, getting mad at in state kids for leaving, etc etc. Fans care as much about the players as the Romans did the gladiators, let's not try to say they were mad because of the way a 17 year old worded a commitment speech, give me a break.

Last edited:
Reactions: brianpoe
Let's be real, the only thing that bothered anyone was they didn't choose to play at the school they wanted to. We give the NCAA and coaches crap about acting "holier than thou" but fans are just as awful at it. Getting mad at their own players for leaving early, getting mad at in state kids for leaving, etc etc. Fans care as much about the players as the Romans did the gladiators, let's not try to say they were mad because of the way a 17 worded a commitment speech, give me a break.
Not me. I was not a world class athlete and I love the state of Arkansas, but left immediately after High School to see the world and experience life elsewhere, and I fully support those that also do so.

ADVERTISEMENT