ADVERTISEMENT

Random phone conversation of the day

bthaunert

All-American
Apr 4, 2007
Just got off the phone with Fran Fraschilla for about 20 minutes. Super nice guy to talk to. He and Cal graduated from college in the same year and were both sophomores in college working Dean Smith's camp when Fran knew that guy from Pittsburgh was going to be a helluva coach some day. He's on the Kevin Knox train too.

My cousin is best friends with a famous country music singer and a former Dallas cowboy. He’s also Vice President of Merril Lynch.

My alter ego use to bang drums them moved on to women. My most favorite bang was Ms. Welch. She got old so I broke up with her and hooked up with the Dallas Cowboys Cheer leaders. I know famous people and they don't know any of you. I'll put in a good word for you and maybe they will call. I'm moving on to younger things and places.

I loaned a drunk, Joe Namath, a quarter to make a phone call in the Beverly Hills Hotel in 1973. He never paid me back. true stuff. He had his problems and I had mine.
I wasn't drunk , just stranded.
Imagine hitch hiking in Beverly Hills cause your new car broke down .
Here is image of my car at that time:
1973-1975-Pontiac-Grand-Am-02.jpg

That was my car. I did that hitch hiking to the Beverly Hills Hotel after this machine shut down on me while my friend and I looked at Beverly Hills homes.

My friend said I didn't know anyone in the the Beverly Hills. That was right, but I did rock Beverly Hills with my car.

Last edited:
Reactions: ace on the river
Wouldn’t it be a better if the OP just told everyone the story in its entirety?

I talked to “insert name drop” on the phone last night. He said he’s all in on Knox. That’s all I’ve got. You all have a great night.

::drops the mic, and rides off into the sunset::

Just got off the phone with Fran Fraschilla for about 20 minutes. Super nice guy to talk to. He and Cal graduated from college in the same year and were both sophomores in college working Dean Smith's camp when Fran knew that guy from Pittsburgh was going to be a helluva coach some day. He's on the Kevin Knox train too.
This is common knowledge..

Talked to a Uber guy last week, he said Fran requests him all the time while in Lexington.
Every one loves Fran .

One of my best friends growing up has a sister named Francis, and we all called her Fran...so I’ve got that going for me!!

Wouldn’t it be a better if the OP just told everyone the story in its entirety?

I talked to “insert name drop” on the phone last night. He said he’s all in on Knox. That’s all I’ve got. You all have a great night.

::drops the mic, and rides off into the sunset::
Part of our conversation was about he and Cal working camp together as sophomores in college. We talked about his recruitment of Jimmy Ratliff to Providence back in the day too, but didn’t think that would be of interest. I knew I’d get some crap for sharing, it’s all good, I can take it.

Part of our conversation was about he and Cal working camp together as sophomores in college. We talked about his recruitment of Jimmy Ratliff to Providence back in the day too, but didn’t think that would be of interest. I knew I’d get some crap for sharing, it’s all good, I can take it.

You showed us a 3 course meal, and then gave us a piece of bread. I was just messing anyway.

Reactions: bthaunert
We were mostly talking about our Ohio connections and Coach Cal. Didn't talk about this years team at all.
And’s that’s the disappointment. Hey I’m old so the looking forward thing is important, and I’m looking forward in awe that Cal could snag a title contending team from a lackluster team (by our unreasonable objectives) from which 7 left! Yet here we are. Again! Let’s talk about that.

Should have asked him about the “seismic shift” in basketball recruiting

I loaned a drunk, Joe Namath, a quarter to make a phone call in the Beverly Hills Hotel in 1973. He never paid me back. true stuff. He had his problems and I had mine.
I wasn't drunk , just stranded.
Imagine hitch hiking in Beverly Hills cause your new car broke down .
Here is image of my car at that time:
1973-1975-Pontiac-Grand-Am-02.jpg

That was my car. I did that hitch hiking to the Beverly Hills Hotel after this machine shut down on me while my friend and I looked at Beverly Hills homes.

My friend said I didn't know anyone in the the Beverly Hills. That was right, but I did rock Beverly Hills with my car.

6 Beverly Hills mentions in one post. Well played. :) Did this happen in Beverly Hills?

Yes it did. A older couple in the most tricked out lux Rambler ever picked us up on the street and dropped us there at the hotel. We were just 2 sailors sight seeing in Beverly Hills and my car went bad. Weird night.

End of story: Got back to my car the next day ( it wasn't towed which was a big surprise) and never had any like problem with that car.
Like I said, it was weird.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT