ADVERTISEMENT

Rams playoff elimination?

LosGatos

Sophomore
Aug 12, 2003
I still hope Coen may be able to join UK prior to the end of the NFL season. However, i don't see that happening until the Rams are definitely eliminated from the NFL playoffs. Since I'm not a NFL fan, I need some help. What will it take for the Rams to be eliminated today (12/11)? Will either a NY Giant or Seattle Seahawk win eliminate the Rams?

• Love
Reactions: mattrudd
Guessing it would take some teams ahead of them winning. They just won Thursday night so they prolonged the agony so to speak. It’s inevitable but may have to wait another week unless Baker Mayfield just takes them on a miraculous run to finish the season.

I still hope Coen may be able to join UK prior to the end of the NFL season. However, i don't see that happening until the Rams are definitely eliminated from the NFL playoffs. Since I'm not a NFL fan, I need some help. What will it take for the Rams to be eliminated today (12/11)? Will either a NY Giant or Seattle Seahawk win eliminate the Rams?
I don't keep up with the NFL either but I thought I read a couple of days ago that either/or a Giants/Seahawks win eliminates the Rams.

If eliminated today, is there any chance Liam could come in time to coach the bowl game?!?! Would drastically help whoever plays QB for the bowl, as well as sway any recruits/transfers.

Reading MacVey, I get the impression Coen will be coaching Rams all season long, playoffs or not. Might make some phone calls for us, but that's it. Even more than ncaa, nfl is a billion dollar business, quitting during the season, playoff eliminated or not, would not be appreciated.

Giants lost today(12/11) so Rams are still alive from that standpoint. Seattle next up, thought I read Rams out if Seahawks win.

Rams regular season ends Jan 1, '23. No playoff I'd expect Coen by mid-Jan.

Coen isn’t leaving until the end of the season, the KSR guys blew this way out of proportion. He doesn’t want to burn bridges with the NFL and leave mid season and honestly it’s the right thing to do.

I do however think there needs to be an announcement for recruiting purposes.

• Love
Reactions: Dddjdd and mattrudd
Well, so much for this week. The Seahawks host the 49er on Thursday night. i suspect the 49ers will be favored.

However, Washington plays the NY Giants next Sunday. Barring a tie, the winner will eliminate the Rams. Not sure what happends of they tie but, suspect, that would also eliminate the Rams. If so, they are eliminated now.

Last edited:
Coen isn’t leaving until the end of the season, the KSR guys blew this way out of proportion. He doesn’t want to burn bridges with the NFL and leave mid season and honestly it’s the right thing to do.

I do however think there needs to be an announcement for recruiting purposes.
I don't care if Coen finishes out the season. I don't care if they wait to make the announcement publicly then. The only thing that matters is that the players on the team and those we are recruiting know that he is coming.

ADVERTISEMENT