ADVERTISEMENT

Rajon Rondo takes a group of Louisville Kids to see Black Panther

And all of them got registered to vote.

:americanflag:

mpm0X.gif

Reactions: EastKYWildcat
I’m half jesting with my previous comments... I’ve always liked Rondo. Tubby completely missed him.
Anyways, love Rondo and this is a very cool gesture despite my opinion on how ridiculous and race-baite-y people are being about this film.

I’m half jesting with my previous comments... I’ve always liked Rondo. Tubby completely missed him.
Anyways, love Rondo and this is a very cool gesture despite my opinion on how ridiculous and race-baite-y people are being about this film.

2 Things:
I credit a lot of his success to Tubby.
I don't see anyone being ridiculous or using this film to race bait. I mean I noticed you were trying to race bait with the movie, but other trolls I haven't seen it.

It's a great movie. Simple as that.

Reactions: EastKYWildcat
2 Things:
I credit a lot of his success to Tubby.
I don't see anyone being ridiculous or using this film to race bait. I mean I noticed you were trying to race bait with the movie, but other trolls I haven't seen it.

It's a great movie. Simple as that.

Oh I’m sure it’s a fun, great movie. No denying that. Michael B Jordan is awesome. That wasn’t my point Though and now you’re getting all defensive and making it a bigger deal than it is.

I was simply stating that the absurdity of how much “racial controversy “ this film has caused, is ridiculous. Don’t pretend like it hasn’t happened...

Anyways , carry on with topic at hand!

Edit—> I didn’t mean anyone on this board was race baiting. Not at all. I was referencing the media, Hollywood, journalists, newspapers, political TV outlets etc. Not anyone in this thread/ on the board...

Sorry. I don’t mind explaining, I just assumed all that was implied.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Oh I’m sure it’s a fun, great movie. No denying that. Michael B Jordan is awesome. That wasn’t my point Though and now you’re getting all defensive and making it a bigger deal than it is.

I was simply stating that the absurdity of how much “racial controversy “ this film has caused, is ridiculous. Don’t pretend like it hasn’t happened...

Anyways , carry on with topic at hand!

Edit—> I didn’t mean anyone on this board was race baiting. Not at all. I was referencing the media, Hollywood, journalists, newspapers, political TV outlets etc. Not anyone in this thread/ on the board...

Sorry. I don’t mind explaining, I just assumed all that was implied.

Well... you can't claim people are making it weird because of race while at the same time introducing race to the conversation and making weird.

I'm pretty sure there are some news outlets and people on Twitter turning to racial controversy about this movie. But those same people and outlets do the same with everything.

Good for Rondo. I like that he still supports the kids in the Louisville area.

As a sidenote at one point someone at Marvel told the creator of Black Panther to include more white characters in the comic to increase sales. The author responded by having Black Panther kill the KKK.

Black-_Panther-vs-_The-_Klan.jpg

That's swagger I can appreciate

Last edited:
It was definitely a nice gesture by Rondo. The movie itself was alright. Not one of my favorite Marvel movies. I thought the main enemy wasn't all that interesting, but then I never followed Black Panther in the comics and don't really know who his main enemies were.

I could see how some might not like certain aspects of the film with the talk of colonizers being used almost as a derogatory term for white people and all the talk of oppression and rising up against those that oppressed with violence. They did try to lessen that stuff with a speech toward the end about everyone being one tribe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT