ADVERTISEMENT

R.J. Barrett Announcement part one

You mean 2 time All Star and All-NBA Carlos Boozer? Geez BBN has such a short memory and only started watching the NBA when Calipari took over. Kentucky's presence in the NBA was such a joke before 2010, you basically had an immature Rondo and that's it. Cal comes along and recruits like 20 top 10 guys and now you're acting like you've accomplished something great as if these players wouldn't have been successful if they went to college anywhere else.

Wall doesn't beat Kyrie anywhere this year besides assists and that's because Irving has 3 other great passers on his team in Smart, Rozier and Horford.

PPG
Kyrie: 22 (33.4 MPG)
Wall: 21 (35.4 MPG)

FG%
Kyrie: 44.6%
Wall: 41.6%

3P%
Kyrie: 32.1%
Wall: 27%

Steals
Kyrie: 25
Wall: 13

Rebounds
Kyrie: 40
Wall: 38

Kyrie is #1 in the NBA in Defensive Win Shares, has the 5th best Defensive Rating and the 12th best Box Score +/-.

There are no arguments left to take Wall over Kyrie. If the Cavs had Wall instead if Irving, they wouldn't have won the NBA title in 2015.

It's funny how you're taking a 10 game sample from their entire careers and ignoring the fact that Kyrie and the Cavs couldn't make the playoffs in the terrible Eastern conference until Lebron showed up while Wall had much more success with an equally bad Wizards team for their first few years.

Kyrie is the best point guard in the NBA period. The guy probably has the best handles I've ever seen, and he's a good/clutch shooter as well. Wall does have the edge defensively but offensively, Kyrie is as good as it gets.
He’s not even the best PG in the east

Steph, Wall, Westbrook, CP3, Dame, Conley, and Lowry are all better than him

Others involved? are you kidding me. Stop with this UK homer bullshit and give credit to where its due. Look how terrible the Cavs are this year and how the Celtics are doing, without Hayward. The guy is a stud and I'm tired hillbilly's downgrading players just because they played at Duke. Go ahead label me as a Duke homer.. like every other ratard on this forum. Just sick and tired of this fan base sometimes.

Well...

giphy.gif

No need for name calling.

Others involved? are you kidding me. Stop with this UK homer bullshit and give credit to where its due. Look how terrible the Cavs are this year and how the Celtics are doing, without Hayward. The guy is a stud and I'm tired hillbilly's downgrading players just because they played at Duke. Go ahead label me as a Duke homer.. like every other ratard on this forum. Just sick and tired of this fan base sometimes.
You’re one of those people that think they have a valid point, but in reality, are just as ignorant as the people that make programs look bad from time to time.

Kyrie and Mullins would abuse your starting back court and Davis wouldn't be able to guard Grant Hill out on the perimeter. You can't play 3 starting bigs and your bench is trash.

Duke can bring guys like Redick, Battier, Boozer and Maggette off the bench who can provide a good combination of shooting/versatility/defense.
Stop smoking crack

Not current NBA but starting 5 who ya got ?

Team 1 - Kyrie Irving
Jeff Mullins
Grant Hill
Loul Deng
Elton Brand

Team 2 - John Wall
Devin Booker
Anthony Davis
Demarcus Cousins
Karl Towns

Anthony Davis CAN guard Grant Hill anywhere.

Do not forget DC and his 3 point shooting.

One team would run the other into a heart attack. You decide which.

Not current NBA but starting 5 who ya got ?

Team 1 - Kyrie Irving
Jeff Mullins
Grant Hill
Loul Deng
Elton Brand

Team 2 - John Wall
Devin Booker
Anthony Davis
Demarcus Cousins
Karl Towns

Anthony Davis CAN guard Grant Hill anywhere.

Do not forget DC and his 3 point shooting.

One team would run the other into a heart attack. You decide which.
Grant Hill and AD would be fun to watch. Don't forget that Elton Brand was a beast in his prime and would be able to score pretty easily on KAT since he's still a work in progress on defense.

Boogie would be a problem for Duke, that's for sure.

Jeff Mullins/JJ Redick have a big edge over Booker since they can play decent D and feast on Booker's non existent defense.

Wait, is this idiot really trying to make the case for Duke over Kentucky in the NBA?

Oh man, this is good.

Dumbest college fanbase for sure.

What are the dukies on here arguing? Is it since Irving may be better than Wall then Duke has better NBA players? Lol!!
UK has more starpower in the NBA right now than Duke; it would be foolish to argue otherwise. Remember, Cal completely outrecruited everyone from 2010-2013 and that shows in NBA talent as those guys are more seasoned in the league.

Coach K and Jeff Capel's legendary recruiting run started in 2014 and Winslow/Ingram/Tatum are still acclimating to the NBA and we've got more on the way with Bagley/Carter/Duval/Reddish/Barrett.

In 6-8 years, the NBA talent will be similar between Duke and Kentucky.

Kyrie and Mullins would abuse your starting back court and Davis wouldn't be able to guard Grant Hill out on the perimeter. You can't play 3 starting bigs and your bench is trash.

Duke can bring guys like Redick, Battier, Boozer and Maggette off the bench who can provide a good combination of shooting/versatility/defense.
I thought you were joking at first. Then I realized that you're just an idiot.

That's because the pg the Cavs traded Irving for is injured and hasn't stepped foot on the court. If you're gonna talk, at least know a little bit about the topic.

UK has more starpower in the NBA right now than Duke; it would be foolish to argue otherwise. Remember, Cal completely outrecruited everyone from 2010-2013 and that shows in NBA talent as those guys are more seasoned in the league.

Coach K and Jeff Capel's legendary recruiting run started in 2014 and Winslow/Ingram/Tatum are still acclimating to the NBA and we've got more on the way with Bagley/Carter/Duval/Reddish/Barrett.

Ha ha not happening

Grant Hill and AD would be fun to watch. Don't forget that Elton Brand was a beast in his prime and would be able to score pretty easily on KAT since he's still a work in progress on defense.

Jeff Mullins/JJ Redick have a big edge over Booker since they can play decent D and feast on Booker's non existent defense.

Lol

That's better. Sometimes you just need a 2nd (or 3rd) try.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Anyone throwing shade at Kyrie needs to just stop, he won Cleveland that title and is carrying Boston. Dude is legit. And saying he didn't take Cavs to the title or win the East pre-Lebron, I think he was there what, like a year or 2 before Lebron got there?

Because reddick is a defensive wizard?

FWIW, A guy a page or two back was mentioning Oregon as the landing spot, Coach's contact is saying Oregon, and apparantly Altman thinks RJ is coming to play for the Ducks.

Would be a big upset. And it would also flush all the Duke fans from this forum.

Reactions: MbergCat

• BIG IF, UK stops recruiting top talent for the next 6-8 years!
  • Also, another BIG IF, if Coach K is still alive and still coaching in 6-8 years!
  • K will ONLY b 76-78 years old by then.
  • Coach Cal will only b 66 years old EIGHT years from now.
  • Their b-days r 3-days and 12-years apart.
(Per ESPN Recruiting Team Rankings/ Since Coach Cal at UK)
  • UK has finished 1st (5) or 2nd (4) in ESPN recruiting rankings ALL NINE years that he has coached at UK
  • UK's average team ranking (per ESPN) for those nine years is 1.44.
  • Duke has finished anywhere from 1st to 15th during this time span.
  • Duke has finished 1st (3) or 2nd (2) in ESPN recruiting rankings in the years that Cal has coached at UK.
  • Duke's average team ranking (per ESPN) for those nine years is 5.44.
  • The ONLY continuing "legendary recruiting run" currently in college basketball is the job that Cal has done at UK since 2009!
  • Duke has been hot for the last four years but how does one explain the previous FIVE years with an average ESPN team ranking of 8.80??
joefriday.jpg

Reactions: Cindog28 and Mr_GG
Anyone throwing shade at Kyrie needs to just stop, he won Cleveland that title and is carrying Boston. Dude is legit. And saying he didn't take Cavs to the title or win the East pre-Lebron, I think he was there what, like a year or 2 before Lebron got there?

He was there 3 years before Lebron came back and in those 3 years:
2013-14 Cavaliers 33-49 .402 10th, East Conference
2012-13 Cavaliers 24-58 .293 13th, East Conference
2011-12 * Cavaliers 21-45 .318 13th, East Conference

The next year:
2014-15 Cavaliers 53-29 .646 2nd, East Conference Lost NBA Finals

However, nobody is citing those stats tho to disparage Kyrie. I mentioned those stats as Duke fans were trying to use a 10 game sample to show how Kyrie is better at being the leader of a team than Wall is (even tho, those 10 games show that the Celtics are doing just as good this year with Kyrie and having their core players back).

Don't forget that Elton Brand was a beast in his prime

"From: Elton Tyron Brand

Sent: Sunday, April 25, 1999 8:05 PM

Subject: Re: Leaving Duke

Thank you very much, for reminding me of the reason why I left Duke. People like you can not and will not ever understand my situation. I’m sure daddy worked very hard to send your rich self to college. While real people struggle. I would also like to extend an invitation for you not to waste your or my time ever again. Never being considered a part of your posh group of yuppies really hurts me to the heart. Yeah, right. Because I don’t care about you or your alumni.

Sincerely,

Elton Brand #42 NBA"

You opened the "Elton Brand" door. [winking]

Definitely did not win Cleveland a title. He didn’t to $hit until Lebron came along. In fact , pretty sure he and the Cavs were one of the worst in the league.

Cmon... it’s like you’re not even trying

• BIG IF, UK stops recruiting top talent for the next 6-8 years!
  • Also, another BIG IF, if Coach K is still alive and still coaching in 6-8 years!
  • K will ONLY b 76-78 years old by then.
  • Coach Cal will only b 66 years old EIGHT years from now.
  • Their b-days r 3-days and 12-years apart.
(Per ESPN Recruiting Team Rankings/ Since Coach Cal at UK)
  • UK has finished 1st (5) or 2nd (4) in ESPN recruiting rankings ALL NINE years that he has coached at UK
  • UK's average team ranking (per ESPN) for those nine years is 1.44.
  • Duke has finished anywhere from 1st to 15th during this time span.
  • Duke has finished 1st (3) or 2nd (2) in ESPN recruiting rankings in the years that Cal has coached at UK.
  • Duke's average team ranking (per ESPN) for those nine years is 5.44.
  • The ONLY continuing "legendary recruiting run" currently in college basketball is the job that Cal has done at UK since 2009!
  • Duke has been hot for the last four years but how does one explain the previous FIVE years with an average ESPN team ranking of 8.80??
joefriday.jpg

Since Duke's "legendary recruiting run" in 2014 (current NBA talent).........
UK:
Lyles, Booker, Ulis, Towns, Labissierre, Murray, Monk, Adebayo, Fox
Duke:
Winslow, Okafor, Jones, Kennard, Ingram, Giles, Jackson,Tatum

Now be honest (if u can) which one of these rosters of players would you start a team with................. The choice is easy!!!!!!!!
Also, If you were drafting a team out of these two lists of players.......IMO, #1 Towns, #2 Booker, #3 Fox, #4 Tatum, #5 Monk/ Murray.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
"From: Elton Tyron Brand

Sent: Sunday, April 25, 1999 8:05 PM

Subject: Re: Leaving Duke

Thank you very much, for reminding me of the reason why I left Duke. People like you can not and will not ever understand my situation. I’m sure daddy worked very hard to send your rich self to college. While real people struggle. I would also like to extend an invitation for you not to waste your or my time ever again. Never being considered a part of your posh group of yuppies really hurts me to the heart. Yeah, right. Because I don’t care about you or your alumni.

Sincerely,

Elton Brand #42 NBA"

You opened the "Elton Brand" door. [winking]

holy-cow.jpg

Reactions: Cindog28
Since Duke's "legendary recruiting run" in 2014 (current NBA talent).........
UK:
Lyles, Booker, Ulis, Towns, Labissierre, Murray, Monk, Adebayo, Fox
Duke:
Winslow, Okafor, Jones, Kennard, Ingram, Giles, Jackson,Tatum

Now be honest (if u can) which one of these rosters of players would you start a team with................. The choice is easy!!!!!!!!
Also, If you were drafting a team out of these two lists of players.......IMO, #1 Towns, #2 Booker, #3 Fox, #4 Tatum, #5 Monk/ Murray.

Great point.

I really think Duke is for the sheltered and catered players.. On paper, and according to the rankings, Duke's post 2014 class wins, by a good amount.

But when the rubber hits the pavement, when it's time to work.. you're taking that UK class all day.

We'll see just how Bagley, Carter. Jones, and Trent fair in the NBA. Why do I get the sense that when the going gets tough, they'll fold much sooner than a Kentucky player.

Reactions: ib4ky
So
Great point.

I really think Duke is for the sheltered and catered players.. On paper, and according to the rankings, Duke's post 2014 class wins, by a good amount.

But when the rubber hits the pavement, when it's time to work.. you're taking that UK class all day.

We'll see just how Bagley, Carter. Jones, and Trent fair in the NBA. Why do I get the sense that when the going gets tough, they'll fold much sooner than a Kentucky player.

So do you think Barrett is more tough minded like a UK player or more feeble minded like a Duke player?

So

So do you think Barrett is more tough minded like a UK player or more feeble minded like a Duke player?

We'll know when he picks..

You can call me crazy, and there are certainly some exceptions. Winslow I think is a pretty hard worker, who just might not be quite NBA-level talent (he did have injuries to deal with the last two years).

But you can't tell me there isn't a trend with recent Duke players compared to recent Kentucky players. Coach Cal and Coach K are selling two different things. Some recruits like what Cal has to offer, some don't.

And in 6-8 years K will be gone and your one-coach wonder program will be sh*t

ADVERTISEMENT