ADVERTISEMENT

R.J. Barrett Announcement part one

Pretty sure the tweet said last five seasons. Magloire, Cote, and others was a really long time ago. We have had Canadian players recently, not that big a deal either way, 4 years 5 years.

Yep. I was aiming for humor.

The joke being...well, I guess that anybody outside of us remembers Sheray Thomas.

You would be surprised the bandwagon fans they get. Have a couple black friends from south side of Chicago, englewood, Deandre Liggins neighborhood, they love Duke.....I just don't understand it. They think UK is racist but I remind them that Duke has never had a Black coach........ever. We, have had one in Football AND Basketball.
LOL. Both are the most hated coaches in program history. Just saying, we prolly can't use that as a badge of honor.

BTW, about 97% of Duke fans are bandwagon fans, can't name their football coach, cheer for F SU, Miami, or some like team in football, also love the Lakers, Yankees, and Cowboys. Douchy but odd group.

Wait, guy above was saying he thinks it's Oregon? WHat's the latest buzz? He has zero posts, might be a Duke fan or something..

Ask any Duke fan who they cheer for in college football, also ask them for their All Duke NBA team and watch them sweat. It's a fun little game I like to play with Duke fans.

Reactions: DerekMcPwn
LOL. Both are the most hated coaches in program history. Just saying, we prolly can't use that as a badge of honor.

BTW, about 97% of Duke fans are bandwagon fans, can't name their football coach, cheer for F SU, Miami, or some like team in football, also love the Lakers, Yankees, and Cowboys. Douchy but odd group.
Lol funny you say that because their other favorite teams include Miami, and in NBA Lakers lol. You're spot on.

It's true, I've seen it 1000 times. You may not be a cliche but the vast majority of your fans are.

BTW, who do you cheer for in football and name your All Duke NBA team.

I cheer for Duke in Football..

All NBA team? Of Current guys playing?

So odd to see Kentucky fans adopt the UNC moth eaten drum beat from the 1990’s about the NBA.. were you on the old AOL boards back in the day? Saw all those silly exchanges. UNC at that time had the best collection of pros playing however it was Duke and Kentucky vying for team of the 90’s.. These days UNC fans slam the NBA and bash Kentucky and Duke’s “OAD” recruiting (because they can’t get those kids lol) and instead are adopting the opposite argument from the 90’s about not being a farm team for the NBA and having just won the NCAA’s with “four year kids.” LOL... funny how it all comes back full circle.

I don’t even watch the NBA to be quite honest. I’m a busy man and there’s only so much time in a day. I wish all former players well but beyond that no banner is going up in Durham tonight if Kyrie scores 50 or whatever..

I have zero desire to attack Kentucky’s program for anything. I recognize what a recruiting force the school is and like it or not, you all have to accept the latter at the very least when it comes to hated Duke.. (the sheer volume of Duke stuff here tells that tale.)

Duke is America's Team, They are the Yankees, the Lakers, Celtics, The Cowboys..

..just, without the same success. That's what's mind boggling. Aside from Dallas, all the above teams have absurd success. There are several teams firmly ahead of Duke in college basketball.

Ask any Duke fan who they cheer for in college football, also ask them for their All Duke NBA team and watch them sweat. It's a fun little game I like to play with Duke fans.

Duke fan: “All-Duke NBA team? Ummm...Kyrie, uh....hold on...Grant Hill? Does Christian Laettner still play? Umm...rookie Okafor, annnnnnnd Justise Winslow. Boom! Beat that!”

Reactions: MbergCat
Duke is America's Team, They are the Yankees, the Lakers, Celtics, The Cowboys..

..just, without the same success. That's what's mind boggling. Aside from Dallas, all the above teams have absurd success. There are several teams firmly ahead of Duke in college basketball.

Be sure and talk about them then. ;-)

What? Duke has 5 titles in 27 years......... if you dont consider that high level success then you are nuts.

God I hate Duke... so please stop saying absurd things that make me have to set the record straight and defend those azz hats.

Be sure and talk about them then. ;-)

..because nobody is going to be talking about them after 2020.

And let's be real, Kentucky fans have spent plenty of time talking about UNC and Uconn and Kansas and also Duke, at various points. For quite some time this board was obsessed with Kansas.

But don't get it twisted, we talk about who the top compeition is at any given time, and to be fair, it's Duke.

This board won't be talking about Duke for long. You can bet on that.

So odd to see Kentucky fans adopt the UNC moth eaten drum beat from the 1990’s about the NBA.. were you on the old AOL boards back in the day? Saw all those silly exchanges. UNC at that time had the best collection of pros playing however it was Duke and Kentucky vying for team of the 90’s.. These days UNC fans slam the NBA and bash Kentucky and Duke’s “OAD” recruiting (because they can’t get those kids lol) and instead are adopting the opposite argument from the 90’s about not being a farm team for the NBA and having just won the NCAA’s with “four year kids.” LOL... funny how it all comes back full circle.

I don’t even watch the NBA to be quite honest. I’m a busy man and there’s only so much time in a day. I wish all former players well but beyond that no banner is going up in Durham tonight if Kyrie scores 50 or whatever..

I have zero desire to attack Kentucky’s program for anything. I recognize what a recruiting force the school is and like it or not, you all have to accept the latter at the very least when it comes to hated Duke.. (the sheer volume of Duke stuff here tells that tale.)
I was talking current players, it's relevant to recruiting.

Duke fans favorite teams:

NFL - Dallas Cowboys or New England Patriots
NBA - Used to be the Lakers. Now GSW
CFB - Alabama
MLB - Yankees

Seen it a thousand times

Reactions: MbergCat
..because nobody is going to be talking about them after 2020.

And let's be real, Kentucky fans have spent plenty of time talking about UNC and Uconn and Kansas and also Duke, at various points. For quite some time this board was obsessed with Kansas.

But don't get it twisted, we talk about who the top compeition is at any given time, and to be fair, it's Duke.

This board won't be talking about Duke for long. You can bet on that.

Since I’m not a psychic and there’s no guarantee either one of us will even be breathing a few years from now let’s focus on 11-10-2017.

Did you really just say that UK fans have no idea about the history of the game?? This, coming from a Dook turd who's program has been relevant all of half the time ours has. Go play in the road somewhere.

I love how Duke fans cite random quotes by Coach K talking about "positionless players" from the early 90s when nobody ever noticed him using that as a recruiting pitch until the last 2-3 seasons.

Last edited:
Potentially huge day for Duke recruiting... Where does Duke fan go to talk about it? Kentucky board.

Kind of sad.

Reactions: BlasterCat0512
It's true, I've seen it 1000 times. You may not be a cliche but the vast majority of your fans are.

BTW, who do you cheer for in football and name your All Duke NBA team.
When did you become a Kentucky fan? I've read your shitty posts over at the UNCheat board about UK over and over and over. They finally had enough of you over there huh? Go to class punk.

Reactions: hardknocks1
When did you become a Kentucky fan? I've read your shitty posts over at the UNCheat board about UK over and over and over. They finally had enough of you over there huh? Go to class punk.
Yep, same dude that roots for the cheats and then comes and posts garbage over here. He's an idiot!

So you can't name your all Duke NBA team? Got it.

Duke fan: “All-Duke NBA team? Ummm...Kyrie, uh....hold on...Grant Hill? Does Christian Laettner still play? Umm...rookie Okafor, annnnnnnd Justise Winslow. Boom! Beat that!”
How dare you fail to mention Carlos 'the bruiser' Boozer.

I'm not even sure Kyrie is "all that". He's firmly behind Wall, AD, Cousins, Kat, IMO.

Irving is a great player, and he's done well with the Celtics.. but let's not forget he's a poor leader and a beta male to date. He couldn't do shit with the Cavs when Lebron wasn't there to bail him out. Jury is out on what he does with the Celtics.. a team with PLENTY of talent around him, just like in Cleveland. Brown, Tatum, Smart, Horford.

They've also played a so-so schedule so far. Cleveland isn't trying, and still adjusting, and they've yet to play Golden State, Houston, Washington, Minnesota, Memphis.
Now that he's playing defense, there's no argument for Wall over Kyrie.

Kyrie's Celtics are 10-2 while Wall's Wizards are 6-5. Don't even make some BS arguments about Brown and Tatum being ultra talented when Beal and Otto Porter have been playing lights out for the Wizards. Wall definitely has the better supporting cast.

Kyrie is the best PG in the NBA right now.

Kyrie's Celtics are 10-2 while Wall's Wizards are 6-5. Don't even make some BS arguments about Brown and Tatum being ultra talented when Beal and Otto Porter have been playing lights out for the Wizards. Wall definitely has the better supporting cast.

Kyrie also has Al Horford and basically the same exact team that finished 1st place in the East minus Avery Bradley and Crowder. If you wanna consider Irving and IT a clean swap. Wall averages better numbers across the board besides scoring, 3pt % And FT %. Wizards have absolutely no bench whatsoever. Put Wall with LeBron and K Love and see what he can do. No comparison whatsoever between the two. Wall is night and day better than Kyrie who is the PG version of Melo

just stop. youre not fooling anyone.

Guess I just have to repost this from time to time. Calling out Duke fans for being bandwagon (I graduated in '92) johnny-come-lately types and then pretending your current coach invented the wheel when he really took the idea from K because you have no idea of the history of the game is just funny.

lol, another dukie looking for our approval and validation. Cute ;)

Kyrie also has Al Horford and basically the same exact team that finished 1st place in the East minus Avery Bradley and Crowder. If you wanna consider Irving and IT a clean swap. Wall averages better numbers across the board besides scoring, 3pt % And FT %. Wizards have absolutely no bench whatsoever. Put Wall with LeBron and K Love and see what he can do. No comparison whatsoever between the two. Wall is night and day better than Kyrie who is the PG version of Melo

I think the Celtics returned four players from a fifteen man roster. Pretty new team.

How dare you fail to mention Carlos 'the bruiser' Boozer.
You mean 2 time All Star and All-NBA Carlos Boozer? Geez BBN has such a short memory and only started watching the NBA when Calipari took over. Kentucky's presence in the NBA was such a joke before 2010, you basically had an immature Rondo and that's it. Cal comes along and recruits like 20 top 10 guys and now you're acting like you've accomplished something great as if these players wouldn't have been successful if they went to college anywhere else.

Kyrie also has Al Horford and basically the same exact team that finished 1st place in the East minus Avery Bradley. Wall averages better numbers across the board besides scoring, 3pt % And FT %. Wizards have absolutely no bench whatsoever. Put Wall with LeBron and K Love and see what he can do. No comparison whatsoever between the two. Wall is night and day better than Kyrie who is the PG version of Melo
Wall doesn't beat Kyrie anywhere this year besides assists and that's because Irving has 3 other great passers on his team in Smart, Rozier and Horford.

PPG
Kyrie: 22 (33.4 MPG)
Wall: 21 (35.4 MPG)

FG%
Kyrie: 44.6%
Wall: 41.6%

3P%
Kyrie: 32.1%
Wall: 27%

Steals
Kyrie: 25
Wall: 13

Rebounds
Kyrie: 40
Wall: 38

Kyrie is #1 in the NBA in Defensive Win Shares, has the 5th best Defensive Rating and the 12th best Box Score +/-.

There are no arguments left to take Wall over Kyrie. If the Cavs had Wall instead if Irving, they wouldn't have won the NBA title in 2015.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT