ADVERTISEMENT

R.J. Barrett Announcement part one

Am I mistaken or has Barrett worn the #1? If so, did you notice in that pic that Reddish and Jones are wearing #s 2 and 3.................
He's number 6 everywhere that I've seen but that's not an available number in college. 5 is the other number I've seen him wear.

Rip of UK lol. K has been talking about positionless Bb for 20 years !!! . Has he ripped off the one and done absolutely!! Cal will get his but RJ is Duke bound. . Been done for awhile .

Barrett and Bol will be committing to Oregon. Dana Altman really benefitting right now from Nike. That's my guess.

Rip of UK lol. K has been talking about positionless Bb for 20 years !!! . Has he ripped off the one and done absolutely!! Cal will get his but RJ is Duke bound. . Been done for awhile .

Ok sooooo... y’all are about to add another stud to your class (RJ most likely ) along with Reddish.., yet here you are seeking approval from UK fans on Rupp Rafters ?

Stuff like this solidifies why we are college basketball.

How are you a Duke fan and illiterate? Didn't know that was a thing.

That’s funny cause I never heard him talk about it publicly until Cal brought up the term. I’m not saying he hasn’t but he didn’t start using it for recruiting until Cal made the term known throughout college basketball. That buddy, is a rip!

“Delaware Dukies?”

= Northeastern yuppie who became a Duke fan during their 90s run and has acted like a committed fanboy ever since.

I approximate that around 8 to 9/10ths of you Dukies are wagon-hopping elitist assholes. The type of sanctimonious turds who think that by “becoming” a Duke fan, you somehow earned the right to talk down to the rest of college basketball.

Get lost and piss off, mate.

Lol

K ripped off UK's program.

I don’t blame you for hanging out over here Dookie, I wouldn’t want to be involved with the Dookie board either. It’s boring! This board is the one where real basketball fans get their information!

Reactions: FrankUnderwood

Horse Hockey...positionless intent from K was based on how you flopped...it's a duke art form. In that I agree...

I don’t blame you for hanging out over here Dookie, I wouldn’t want to be involved with the Dookie board either. It’s boring! This board is the one where real basketball fans get their information![/QUOTE]

Except for him and his "buddy's"...

That’s funny cause I never heard him talk about it publicly until Cal brought up the term. I’m not saying he hasn’t but he didn’t start using it for recruiting until Cal made the term known throughout college basketball. That buddy, is a rip!
I havent either but I read an article the other day and unfortunately it was K in 2014 talking about postionless basketball. I hate K more than anyone I know but its true. Its not 20 years ago...but it was 3 years ago

I havent either but I read an article the other day and unfortunately it was K in 2014 talking about postionless basketball. I hate K more than anyone I know but its true. Its not 20 years ago...but it was 3 years ago

It mentioned positionless but it was the intent and result of the unintentional flop. You missed that part...

“Delaware Dukies?”

= Northeastern yuppie who became a Duke fan during their 90s run and has acted like a committed fanboy ever since.

I approximate that around 8 to 9/10ths of you Dukies are wagon-hopping elitist assholes. The type of sanctimonious turds who think that by “becoming” a Duke fan, you somehow earned the right to talk down to the rest of college basketball.

Get lost and piss off, mate.
You would be surprised the bandwagon fans they get. Have a couple black friends from south side of Chicago, englewood, Deandre Liggins neighborhood, they love Duke.....I just don't understand it. They think UK is racist but I remind them that Duke has never had a Black coach........ever. We, have had one in Football AND Basketball.

Right, I never said he didn’t use the term but I never heard anything about it from K until Cal started using it publicly. That’s all I was saying.

You would be surprised the bandwagon fans they get. Have a couple black friends from south side of Chicago, englewood, Deandre Liggins neighborhood, they love Duke.....I just don't understand it. They think UK is racist but I remind them that Duke has never had a Black coach........ever. We, have had one in Football AND Basketball.

That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard all day. Duke is “White Boy U”.

Did you go to Duke? Or have you even been to Durham? My guess is you’re one of those Duke Hipsters. You know, jump on the bandwagon and started calling them your team. We here have this shit in our blood. Generations and generations of this shit. The day I was born, I was put in a UK onesie. My son is the same way. My dad went to UK, my sister went to UK, I went to UK! Do you get my drift? So, sorry if we come across as a bit passionate, we’ve lived this shit a really long time.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Or maybe Kyrie Irving improved by not fully playing for K

I'm not even sure Kyrie is "all that". He's firmly behind Wall, AD, Cousins, Kat, IMO.

Irving is a great player, and he's done well with the Celtics.. but let's not forget he's a poor leader and a beta male to date. He couldn't do shit with the Cavs when Lebron wasn't there to bail him out. Jury is out on what he does with the Celtics.. a team with PLENTY of talent around him, just like in Cleveland. Brown, Tatum, Smart, Horford.

They've also played a so-so schedule so far. Cleveland isn't trying, and still adjusting, and they've yet to play Golden State, Houston, Washington, Minnesota, Memphis.

Reactions: Willy4UK
I guarantee duke fans on these boards know more about our team than any of us do theirs.

Thanks for the traffic Duke fans, UL fans, KU fans, IU fans etc ...
I'm just here for the recruiting info and to bask in any hate directed at UNC. And since my mother in law lives next door and is from Kentucky, I'm obligated to wish you luck on the court this year with no injuries...

Barrett and Bol will be committing to Oregon. Dana Altman really benefitting right now from Nike. That's my guess.[/QUO
I'm not even sure Kyrie is "all that". He's firmly behind Wall, AD, Cousins, Kat, IMO.

Irving is a great player, and he's done well with the Celtics.. but let's not forget he's a poor leader and a beta male to date. He couldn't do shit with the Cavs when Lebron wasn't there to bail him out. Jury is out on what he does with the Celtics.. a team with PLENTY of talent around him, just like in Cleveland. Brown, Tatum, Smart, Horford.

They've also played a so-so schedule so far. Cleveland isn't trying, and still adjusting, and they've yet to play Golden State, Houston, Washington, Minnesota, Memphis.
didn Tatum go to duke? He’s looks legit, long term legit

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
A
didn Tatum go to duke? He’s looks legit, long term legit
And stoked Baretts going to Oregon. Didn’t seem like that was going to be the case but glad to hear it. So Dana will have a sick haul in Barret and Bol. Was reading a sea of blue and when they polled the 8 writers, all agreed Barret was the jewel of 2018. Would be the best guy in a Kentucky uniform since Davis. Sigh. Does leave Duke in s ditch with what appears to be a small class in tre and reddish. Reddish is a freak but not enough for that team to do anything. Any news Herro?

Guess I just have to repost this from time to time. Calling out Duke fans for being bandwagon (I graduated in '92) johnny-come-lately types and then pretending your current coach invented the wheel when he really took the idea from K because you have no idea of the history of the game is just funny.

Think you're a little late to this party, as is Cal -- Coach K has been talking about positionless basketball for almost 30 years:

1988 http://articles.philly.com/1988-03-...duke-coach-mike-krzyzewski-defense-and-motion
""To Temple's John Chaney, and most other Division I coaches, basketball is a game of elements: the point guard, the shooting guard, the small forward, the power forward and the center. Krzyzewski's approach is totally different. "We don't number our positions like so many other people do these days," Krzyzewski said. "We don't have a No. 1 or a No. 2. We don't really have a center. When they are out there, I want our players trying to be the best they can be, not trying to fill some numbered position that says they should play like this or that."

2010 http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2010/07/positions-matter-little-to-krzyzewski.html
"I did a magazine article with Krzyzewski years ago, and I asked him why he cares so little for conventional position labels. Krzyzewski answered that if his small forward fouls out, he'd rather put in his next-best player than his next-best small forward, because that next-best small forward might be his fifth-best player not already in the game."

He was seen filming on Dukes campus last week, pretty sure we all know what part 2 of this video will be. Ugh.

If that were true, there would be more confidence among “experts.” Not buying that, something like that would have leaked one would think.

Reactions: SeussReturns
If that were true, there would be more confidence among “experts.” Not buying that, something like that would have leaked one would think.

Yeah, I am just basing this on a post I saw on Monday on Reddit. It was a Duke poster saying that RJ was on campus recently filming something. It was before this video was released so I am just inferring what could have been if he were telling the truth.

Pretty sure the tweet said last five seasons. Magloire, Cote, and others was a really long time ago. We have had Canadian players recently, not that big a deal either way, 4 years 5 years.

Well, since you said so it must be true.

Guess I just have to repost this from time to time. Calling out Duke fans for being bandwagon (I graduated in '92) johnny-come-lately types and then pretending your current coach invented the wheel when he really took the idea from K because you have no idea of the history of the game is just funny.
Did you really just say that UK fans have no idea about the history of the game?? This, coming from a Dook turd who's program has been relevant all of half the time ours has. Go play in the road somewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT