ADVERTISEMENT

Question regarding 2018 recruits

Oct 19, 2016
I have seen posters debating Zion and Bagely, and even Reddish and Zion, but my question is which point guard do we want the most in that class? Quickley and Smart are ranked 9 & 10 (at least on scout they are) and i can't find a scouting report on either one. All of their highlight videos seem to be very similar, so i was just wondering if anyone else could shed some light on the two? I'm sure whichever one we get, if we DO get one, will be a serviceable player regardless.

Go Big Blue

At this point, I think Quickley looks like the much more Calipari type PG.

I have serious doubts that it will be a 1 or the other deal, though. Quickley and Smart could EASILY exist in the same backcourt with their size. Quickley at 6'3" and Smart at 6'5". I think Langford is the preference at the 2, but wouldn't be shocked at all for Quickley and Smart to both end up at Kentucky.

I doubt we add both, considering that it is likely that Green and SGA will return to UK for the 18-19 season.

If Quade leaves there is a legit chance we will get both of them. It's happened before.

Quade Green doesn't appear to be a OAD type of player, but.... Diallo, Vanderbilt, Washington, Richards, Bamba.... Maybe even SGA might have a "chance" though. But who knows??? This is KY.

Don't know. But I like the idea of having one guard named QUICKley and one guard named SMART.

Can't go wrong there.

At this point, I think Quickley looks like the much more Calipari type PG.

I have serious doubts that it will be a 1 or the other deal, though. Quickley and Smart could EASILY exist in the same backcourt with their size. Quickley at 6'3" and Smart at 6'5". I think Langford is the preference at the 2, but wouldn't be shocked at all for Quickley and Smart to both end up at Kentucky.
Yeah, I am wondering if he gets one and waits for Langford to pull the trigger or takes both if he has the chance.

ADVERTISEMENT