ADVERTISEMENT

Question about Super Regional

pcso_111

Gold Member
Sep 21, 2007
If Louisville had gotten beat out and UK won its region would the Super Regional still have been in Louisville or does it move to Lexington or the city of the higher ranked team in the Super Regional?

If Louisville had gotten beat out and UK won its region would the Super Regional still have been in Louisville or does it move to Lexington or the city of the higher ranked team in the Super Regional?

Had UK won their regional and UL lost theirs then Kentucky would have hosted the super regional. Had both teams lost then whichever of the two teams left that has the highest RPI is the host school, so to just explain it a bit better... had NC State beaten us and Xavier beaten Louisville then NC State would have hosted because NC State's RPI was 26th best and Xavier's was in the 70s.

At least, that is my understanding of it.

Had UK won their regional and UL lost theirs then Kentucky would have hosted the super regional. Had both teams lost then whichever of the two teams left that has the highest RPI is the host school, so to just explain it a bit better... had NC State beaten us and Xavier beaten Louisville then NC State would have hosted because NC State's RPI was 26th best and Xavier's was in the 70s.

At least, that is my understanding of it.

Mine as well

If the two host schools lose their regional, then it becomes a bid situation from the two winners. Davidson and Texas AM have this dilemna and Texas AM will host because they outbid Davidson for the right to host the regional.

ADVERTISEMENT