ADVERTISEMENT

Quade returning!!!

This thread has been hysterical. On one hand we have a group of ‘special’ fans that wail over one and done. On the other hand we have a different group of ‘special’ fans that scream contend Green will never be elected or is not good enough. Then there are the REALLY special fans that seem to be in both camps.

Dain Bramage.

This thread has been hysterical. On one hand we have a group of ‘special’ fans that wail over one and done. On the other hand we have a different group of ‘special’ fans that scream contend Green will never be elected or is not good enough. Then there are the REALLY special fans that seem to be in both camps.

Dain Bramage.
It has been quite amusing

Reactions: Cindog28
It really doesn't matter. In Green's case he had time last season and couldn't even run point. Cal puts him in the 2-sg for one because SGA was better and for 2 green wasn't good being the pg. He had his shots but wasn't good at it. Cost us games at home against UF/UT, lost to USC because why? We couldn't score anything the first 8 mins of the games.

He better come back ready to go.
OR WHAT?

Quade Green will ride the bench. Would rather him Transfer and use his scholarship for a 6’3 or 4 slasher and strong finisher around the rim or a 4 or 5 spot graduate Transfer. Not to knock the kid. Every time he would get around the rim, the ball would either get blocked or he would miss. He’s no Tyler Ulis. Lacks quickness ,decision making and a average shooter. Ceiling isn’t very high. More suitable for team like La Salle. It’s not personal, it’s personnel.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Quade Green will ride the bench. Would rather him Transfer and use his scholarship for a 6’3 or 4 slasher and strong finisher around the rim or a 4 or 5 spot graduate Transfer. Not to knock the kid. Every time he would get around the rim, the ball would either get blocked or he would miss. He’s no Tyler Ulis. Lacks quickness ,decision making and a average shooter. Ceiling isn’t very high. More suitable for team like La Salle. It’s not personal, it’s personnel.
I don't feel like QG got blocked as much as you are leading on. In fact, I thought he finished quite well around the rim, especially given his lack of height.

Look at Diallo, he is a much taller guard with extreme hops, but he got stuffed 10 times as often as Green did.

But the worst part of your thought process is you're ignoring the experience and improvement factors that are in play here. You would rather have an inexperienced freshman instead of a veteran player that will get much better over the summer.

It's proven that a team needs experience to win, but you want to kick a really good and experienced guard to the curb for a freshman that would largely be an unknown.

You have no idea how good a freshman is going to be, but Green is a known commodity and he will get better.

Jeez, the kid took a bad shot in one game and all the sudden he's garbage. I don't get it.

Reactions: ORCAT and dtzanetos
I legitimately don’t understand how people are upset about this (it’s not many, but they’re there )

Also curious where the usual suspects are who said “they were tired of this and of Cal chasing players off” Lol
I also wonder how many of those wishing QG would leave were the same ones crying about Dom Hawkins needing to play more when QG was better as a freshman than Hawkins was at any point except for a few weeks of his college career at UK

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I legitimately don’t understand how people are upset about this (it’s not many, but they’re there )

Also curious where the usual suspects are who said “they were tired of this and of Cal chasing players off” Lol

Because we as fans still become infatuated with mixtapes and highlight reels, and several of us still can't grasp the fact that the college game is a different animal than the highschool one.

Take virtually any recruit, and you might as well slash his stats and performance by a good chunk of what he'll do in college as a freshman. And that's doubly as true during the December and January months. There was just no way to definitely tell what a guy like Maxey (or any recruit) will do for Kentucky in the one year they are here. And what's more absurd, is that these weren't even true highschool seniors. One of these guys, forget which, was legitimately two years off the mark from Green.

You don't pass up on a Sophomore Green for that. You don't pass up on ANY sophomore that had a 9 and 3 season for that.

.. and I'm just looking at it purely from a performance, who-can-take-us-further standpoint. I'm not even bringing up the ethics side of fans wanting to get rid of a player for the new shiny one.

These freshman are not picking up a basketball for the first time. The experience argument is lame and overshadowing the facts. Either you have it or you don’t. Blame Coach Cal for recruiting “the best of the best”. Quade Green isn’t really “his” best.

These freshman are not picking up a basketball for the first time. The experience argument is lame and overshadowing the facts. Either you have it or you don’t. Blame Coach Cal for recruiting “the best of the best”. Quade Green isn’t really “his” best.

Almost everything in this post is false.

Again.. Frank Mason, Brunson, Darius Miller, Kemba Walker... the list is practically endless of players who made huge steps forward from Freshman to Sophomore years, and Sophomore years to Junior...

The college game is a different animal than the HS one, and unless you're a very slect few recruits, you're going to struggle at some point, maybe for a good chunk of the season.

Remember, almost NONE of our freshman ever reached their full potential in their freshman year, that's just how big of an adjustment it is.

Reactions: gright and chroix
Funny a lot of people on this board have not watched a single kid play a minute for UK, but they are going to start over a 2nd year guy who averaged 10 pts a game during a injured filled freshman year. Most freshman do not average that, much less do it while battling injuries. I like IQ, but he has not played a minute at UK and people all ready have him and Baker playing more than Green. LOL, some people are going to be in for a really rude awakening.
It's easy to avg 10 pts if you are on a team of only freshmen and started over ten games...so...happy green returns,he needs to get stronger and learn to utilize his size to an advantage not as a hindrance, watch ton of game films to learn what a good shot is, when to pass, etc. Want him and Quickley to battle all summer long so when hagans and Maxey get on campus we get the best of best. With other shooters at guard this season Quade can focus on being the floor general he was billed as.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jazzycat

Really? So we should just run Quade off because he didn’t have a “top tier” freshman season?

That makes no sense...

QG doesn’t have to be an “all star” to be Valuable for us next season.

I can’t believe so many on here legitimately wish he had transferred to freaking LaSalle instead of coming back and giving us some much needed experience

I mean maybe we should run Richards off too? Since he had an underwhelming freshman season.

Also, let’s run off WG? Because he had only a mediocre/ slightly above average (maybe?) season.

Larry Bird wasn't nearly as good right out of High School as he became during his college career. You probably would have run him off too if you didn't think he played well enough in his first year.

Reactions: ORCAT
Funny a lot of people on this board have not watched a single kid play a minute for UK, but they are going to start over a 2nd year guy who averaged 10 pts a game during a injured filled freshman year. Most freshman do not average that, much less do it while battling injuries. I like IQ, but he has not played a minute at UK and people all ready have him and Baker playing more than Green. LOL, some people are going to be in for a really rude awakening.
I don't feel like QG got blocked as much as you are leading on. In fact, I thought he finished quite well around the rim, especially given his lack of height.

Look at Diallo, he is a much taller guard with extreme hops, but he got stuffed 10 times as often as Green did.

But the worst part of your thought process is you're ignoring the experience and improvement factors that are in play here. You would rather have an inexperienced freshman instead of a veteran player that will get much better over the summer.

It's proven that a team needs experience to win, but you want to kick a really good and experienced guard to the curb for a freshman that would largely be an unknown.

You have no idea how good a freshman is going to be, but Green is a known commodity and he will get better.

Jeez, the kid took a bad shot in one game and all the sudden he's garbage. I don't get it.
not just one game. He did have a lot of issues around the basket. Name one game he was so good in? He had one good defensive game in sec tournament but other than that he was a no show the rest of our tournament games.

Are you on crack? Ride the bench? Quade is starting next year. Calipari is giving him the reigns at PG, not to mention there Will be a lot of small, fast call next year so multiple guards will be able to play together. Bledsoe and Wall did it just fine. So did many others. In Cal we trust, but sorry to say Quade will ride the bench makes your entire post illegitimate at best. You best believe Quade will be starting.

So I don't check the board for a couple of days and hear the news about Green (ironically enough) on the news. Usually things hit twitter and then are here in nanoseconds and then everyone else catches up. But I digress.

I expected everyone to be as happy/relieved as I was upon hearing he is staying. Why would you not want an experienced PG to help provide leadership? He is not going to overwhelm people with his athleticism but he can take care of the ball, defend, distribute and god forbid even shoot a little. Plus he already knows what cal wants and that is not a small thing. With a few returning players I think the team "gets it" a little quicker than last year.

Are you on crack? Ride the bench? Quade is starting next year. Calipari is giving him the reigns at PG, not to mention there Will be a lot of small, fast call next year so multiple guards will be able to play together. Bledsoe and Wall did it just fine. So did many others. In Cal we trust, but sorry to say Quade will ride the bench makes your entire post illegitimate at best. You best believe Quade will be starting.
little buddy if you think Green will start next year at PG then god bless you. We will all be smoking crack cause our team will not be any good.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Larry Bird wasn't nearly as good right out of High School as he became during his college career. You probably would have run him off too if you didn't think he played well enough in his first year.

Only if "run off" means continue to recruit talent then sure though I'm think Indiana State may have had more limited options than Kentucky as to result in a moot point.

An actual "run off"? No from I.

ADVERTISEMENT