ADVERTISEMENT

Quade returning!!!

Well duh. Maxey was the backup plan for green incase he left. Don't need to worry about that now since the best case scenario happened and we got the better player to return for a sophomore season. Hagans will be here this season, maxey will be here as part of the class of 2019, reclassification hasn't seemed very likely for him for awhile now, and is now 100% not happening with green returning. Hagans will be here this season as these 2 will split PG duties, I think green gets about 24 mpg with Hagans at 22-24 (assuming roster stays as is with green, vando, pj, and WG returning).

100% not happening? Maybe, maybe not.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Will we ever get a new poster who doesn’t join and immediately want become the biggest jerk on the board?

If this poster had half the IQ she thinks she does then she would realize that this is a community with posters who have debated and discussed basketball for years and years.

When a newbie joins in and starts whining loudly and boast about themselves it usually doesn’t end well.

New people should have to post over on the paddock for a few weeks before joining here.....

323803.jpg
Thank you, I was going to do that :joy:

I remember a time when a portion of BBN was complaining and moaning after getting commitments from two 5 stars because they assumed Quade was gone. It must be a weird world to live in when you have 2 likely lottery pick level players coming in and you have all this angst in you about a kid transferring who wasn't leaving.

Reactions: JC43 and KDcats11
I didn't say we have to play Baker, but I believe that if his shot is relatively consistent from day one, he sees clock. Quade will see his clock diminish later in the season in my opinion as Hagans, Baker, Herro, Quickley, and Johnson mature. Yes, we may see Calipari play some "small ball", but if Cal's past decision making is any indication, I think Quade comes off the bench by the end of the season because I don't think he will be seen as one of the five most talented guys on the team. By season's end, I think it's Hagans, Herro, Johnson, Washington, and Vanderbilt. If Washington leaves, then Gabriel will start unless we acquire someone such as Reid Travis or Mike Daum. I am sure I am in the minority, but I believe we actually return all three big men.
I disagree. I think Quade will play lots of minutes the entire year and start with Hagans. Herro will not play more than green.

Reactions: KFuqua
I remember a time when a portion of BBN was complaining and moaning after getting commitments from two 5 stars because they assumed Quade was gone. It must be a weird world to live in when you have 2 likely lottery pick level players coming in and you have all this angst in you about a kid transferring who wasn't leaving.
It never was about that for some. It was an opportunity to blast Cal and didn’t matter if he transferred or not.

Sure hope you're right, buddy.
I also think Gabriel returns but not quite as confident. What I do know is NONE of these so called experts have a damn clue. I have absolutely no inside information and have been right more times than them. Lol But really you don’t need inside information to figure most of the decisions of these kids. Common sense and reading a kid’s personality goes a long way if you look closely at each decision.
Knox- gone from the moment he stepped on campus and will a high pick. Easy to read.
Shai- gone from mid February due to his outstanding play and consensus of being a high draft pick. Easy to read.
Sasha- even with getting more minutes near the end of year, he wanted a major role on a team and that simply wasn’t going to be the case next year at UK. I also thought it was interesting he really wanted to go to UNC in high school but didn’t because of the NCAA cloud. I think he ends up there. Pretty easy to read.
Diallo- hates school and was gone after this year no matter what. Easy to read.
Green- a fighter and doesn’t shy away from competition. Pretty easy to read.

Great news. I believe those that are selling Quade short are dead wrong. I expect Quade to be one of the leaders next year. It also wards off the chance that we have another slow start.

Funny a lot of people on this board have not watched a single kid play a minute for UK, but they are going to start over a 2nd year guy who averaged 10 pts a game during a injured filled freshman year. Most freshman do not average that, much less do it while battling injuries. I like IQ, but he has not played a minute at UK and people all ready have him and Baker playing more than Green. LOL, some people are going to be in for a really rude awakening.

Well duh. Maxey was the backup plan for green incase he left. Don't need to worry about that now since the best case scenario happened and we got the better player to return for a sophomore season. Hagans will be here this season, maxey will be here as part of the class of 2019, reclassification hasn't seemed very likely for him for awhile now, and is now 100% not happening with green returning. Hagans will be here this season as these 2 will split PG duties, I think green gets about 24 mpg with Hagans at 22-24 (assuming roster stays as is with green, vando, pj, and WG returning).
Maxey is the better player. If Hagans reclasses he’s running the show. I like green but the kid is better at Sg

Reactions: wildcatdonf
I think this group especially showed us that it's not a foregone conclusion that a bunch of freshmen will come in and dominate. It takes time to learn to play at the college level. Having a PG that's already gone through that is tremendous.

Reactions: wildcatdonf
ADVERTISEMENT