ADVERTISEMENT

Quade Green

I’m not a fan of playing Alexander at pg. He’s to slow and walks the ball up every time without pushing the ball. The iso thing doesn’t work either. It’s one guy pounding the ball into the ground trying to beat his man while everyone else stands around and watches. We need ball movement. I’m a big fan of Quade! He runs the break, moves the ball and finds the open man, plus he’s a knockdown shooter.
Alexander is twice the player green is though much of what you say is true. Alexander is one of the best men in the CBB in terms of getting to the hole though he doesnt do it with speed he does it with craftiness , size and change of pace. But Green is a better pg . Alexander is a much better player and one of the top 20 NBA prospects though. Also he is the best defender on our team .

It absolutely matters who starts. I would much rather come out swinging rather than get in a hole right off the bat. To say otherwise is silly.
When’s the last time UK has been in a big hole to start a game? Been awhile. Doesn’t hurt to insert Quade after 4 or 5 minutes.

I’m not a fan of playing Alexander at pg. He’s to slow and walks the ball up every time without pushing the ball. The iso thing doesn’t work either. It’s one guy pounding the ball into the ground trying to beat his man while everyone else stands around and watches. We need ball movement. I’m a big fan of Quade! He runs the break, moves the ball and finds the open man, plus he’s a knockdown shooter.
Spot on.
Also, I don't know if anyone noticed this, you touched on it, but when Green ran the offense, the other 4 guys were moving. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Knox fighting through screens to get open. It was awesome.
Now, why won't they do that when SGA has the ball? I feel like he's pounding the ball because nobody is working to get open, but they work when Quade has the ball.
Head scratcher.

Alexander is twice the player green is though much of what you say is true. Alexander is one of the best men in the CBB in terms of getting to the hole though he doesnt do it with speed he does it with craftiness , size and change of pace. But Green is a better pg . Alexander is a much better player and one of the top 20 NBA prospects though. Also he is the best defender on our team .
Alexander is better at being crafty, but good teams will stymie that.
How many games have we seen single digit assists and sub 70 points scored? We scored 81 against a team with good size and athletecism and Green was a huge reason for that. His passing was really good and there was a really good flow to the offense with him at the 1.
We've been clamoring for weeks about a fix for our piss poor offense, well, we just saw a really good offense yesterday.
SGA is exceptional, but having him run the offense with his style of play is stalling our offense.
Put him at the 2 and you have a winner. He can still do his thing.

Last edited:
Been apparent for at least a couple weeks imo that Green and SGA should be starting together with Diallo on the bench. Diallo not one of our 5 best players, and both SGA and Green are much better.
Didn't diallo sit after 2 mins. And only get a handful after that?

It may be that Green doesn't care if he starts and enjoys coming off the bench.
SGA is not a ball hog, but he is not as adept at getting his teammates set up for plays. Players anticipate the ball more from Green and Vanderbilt, it seems to me, and they work harder to get into scoring positions.

Most fans form and change opinions from week to week. Coaches and NBA GMs professionally evaluate talent and upside. SGA will be drafted OAD in the 1st round as an NBA point guard. Quade Green will be back here in Lexington next year. I like both players, but what you are saying here is not what you would have said 3 weeks ago, and probably isn't what you will say 3 weeks into the future. Our fans are angry at Diallo right now, but I have seen 1,000 iterations of this faddish trashing of our players. Next week or the following week, Diallo will snap out of his shooting slump, make a couple of snazzy dunks, and everyone will jump right back on his bandwagon. Diallo has had a tough stretch, for sure. But Diallo isn't the problem with this team.

How many PGs do you think will go in the 1st Round?

I can name 4-6 more natural PGs with size, atltheticism and a shooting % better than SGA today.

Reactions: MbergCat
Watching the college basketball show that was on just before the Ohio State v Michigan game on CBS, I was impressed with Wally Szczerbiak's alalysis of UK. He recognized what Quade did for UK yesterday and believes UK can win some games in the NCAAT.

He has basketball instincts and shooting, something this team needs a lot more of. He is small, and can be posted up, but I'll take the trade off.

Reactions: brianpoe
ADVERTISEMENT