ADVERTISEMENT

QBs in the East next year

dyersburgcatfan

Sophomore
Jan 14, 2013
Besides us, who is likely to have someone new starting at QB? I think most of our opponents next year will have experienced QBs, and that is a bit worrisome. I wish we could be getting our other QBs some real game exposure. Start of the 4th qtr yesterday would have been a good opportunity, since we were obviously out of the game.

Gators may depending on which direction the new coach wants to go.

I believe Lock at Mizzou will be a SR next year. Isn’t Shurmur at Vandy a SR this year? UT and UF QBs are underclassmen but didn’t exactly set the world on fire. Bentley at USC will be a Jr next year and Fromm at UGA will be a Soph.

UK will definitely have major question marks as to who will play QB next season.

Besides us, who is likely to have someone new starting at QB? I think most of our opponents next year will have experienced QBs, and that is a bit worrisome. I wish we could be getting our other QBs some real game exposure. Start of the 4th qtr yesterday would have been a good opportunity, since we were obviously out of the game.
Fromm and Eason will be back at Georgia next year, Lock at Missouri, Guarantano and Dormady at Tennessee, Franks at Florida, Bentley at South Carolina.

Mizzou might have to replace Lock.
I hope so. He is lighting it up. Would hate to face him next year on the road. It's been a real turnaround for Missou this year. 5 straight losses followed now by 5 straight wins. And they are scoring on everyone. Locke is really good.

I believe Lock at Mizzou will be a SR next year. Isn’t Shurmur at Vandy a SR this year? UT and UF QBs are underclassmen but didn’t exactly set the world on fire. Bentley at USC will be a Jr next year and Fromm at UGA will be a Soph.

UK will definitely have major question marks as to who will play QB next season.
Lock will be a SR, but there's a chance that he leaves early. It's not likely, but it is possible, especially if he starts to get projected as a top two round choice.

Reactions: Freetaxreturn

I hope Florida, UT and Vandy all have returning QB's.

Reactions: dreadpirate
The coaches must not like Hoak too much or he would've seen some clock this year in mop up time. That is concerning because we will either have Barker under C (yikes) or a QB with no experience. A school like us needs great QB play to offset the talent difference in most SEC games.

The coaches must not like Hoak too much or he would've seen some clock this year in mop up time. That is concerning because we will either have Barker under C (yikes) or a QB with no experience. A school like us needs great QB play to offset the talent difference in most SEC games.
I would not count on any of your assumptions being true.

I suspect Eason will transfer.

I don't know who will be UF's qb, may be Franks or may be Corral, Corral will be a true frosh.

Carolina will have Bentley who will be a Jr

UGA will have Fromm who will be a soph

UT,.no idea who they will have, if Mullen becomes their coach and Fitzgerald graduates, he may grad transfer there, I guess the same could be said if Mullen ended up at UF

Vandy's qb will be a Jr I believe

Missouri, if Lock stays will be a sr.

UK will be Barker or Hoak I would think.

So at least 1 new starter and the possibility of 4?

In terms of East QB's next year I would rank them this way.

1. Lock
2. Bentley
3. Fromm
4. Shurmur
5-7. Flip a coin between UF, UT and KY. All appear to be dumpster fires at QB unless we find a JC to come in and take over. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: anon_7tbtqcx308nxh
In terms of East QB's next year I would rank them this way.

1. Lock
2. Bentley
3. Fromm
4. Shurmur
5-7. Flip a coin between UF, UT and KY. All appear to be dumpster fires at QB unless we find a JC to come in and take over. Hope I'm wrong.

My ranking for QBs depends on one stat, W's. Fromm could have put up good numbers this year, he had a 300 yard game against one team who stayed in an 8 man front for a half. I think he is better than Bentley anyway, maybe it's the flopping he does. Lock will put up huge numbers if he returns not sure how many he wins, I rather have the W's that a qb putting up 350 passing yards a game.

I will be surprised if Barker is the starter next season,I think we will change the offense to some degree,I think Hoak will make a big push for the starting spot.I think they will try to go with someone who is already here but it is not out of reason to think we might take a look around the JUCO ranks,if that happens to be the case,we will know the coaches aren't satisfied with who is on hand.

I don't know if I would assume that Hoak is not liked by the coaches. Barker is a 4th year junior who suffered a very serious injury and who essentially lost his job because of that injury. He was also a huge asset in helping to recruit the 2014 class. He is reputedly well-liked and well-respected with his teammates. He is the only quarterback on the roster, outside of SJ and Wright (who is not projected as a true competitor for the starting job), with starting experience. That he is the 2nd option this year is expected. It doesn't mean that Hoak is not a legit candidate for the future.

ADVERTISEMENT