ADVERTISEMENT

Pulling for a SEC team?

Kybluedude

All-SEC
Nov 19, 2005
Got a favorite to win it? LSU, Fla, Tx A&M. Living in Louisville I know it should be the local team but seeing all that UL corruption and cheating I just can't do it. For all I know that stadium and HC and assistants salaries are from Athletic Dept scamming. I hope they have done it fairly. That baseball team got flush real quick a few years ago. Yum money I guess.

Reactions: RogerIndy
LSU looks real tough towards the end of the season. No, I can't pull for uavel. I hope it is one of the SEC teams Fla, LSU or TAMU.

I really don't think that uavel is going to win it, unfortunately TAMU can't stop them, but Fla, LSU or Oregon St. will.

Anybody but those Uavel scumbags:chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot:

Normally I would have beat you to the punch on this one. I have an EXTREME dislike for all things UL. I see a player or two that turns my stomach but overall I can't hate on their baseball team.... mostly because of their coach. I saw where he carried his dad's funeral prayer card in his pocket today. He said his dad was in the stands the last time they won a CWS game. He didn't make a big deal of it, just seemed happy with that memory of his dad. I'm a dad- I get where he's coming from. Unless they've totally pulled the wool over my eyes I have a hard time disliking McDonnell. Maybe I'm going soft because it's Father's Day but if UL's going to do well in any sport I would have an easier time with the baseball program over any other sport they play.

Normally I would have beat you to the punch on this one. I have an EXTREME dislike for all things UL. I see a player or two that turns my stomach but overall I can't hate on their baseball team.... mostly because of their coach. I saw where he carried his dad's funeral prayer card in his pocket today. He said his dad was in the stands the last time they won a CWS game. He didn't make a big deal of it, just seemed happy with that memory of his dad. I'm a dad- I get where he's coming from. Unless they've totally pulled the wool over my eyes I have a hard time disliking McDonnell. Maybe I'm going soft because it's Father's Day but if UL's going to do well in any sport I would have an easier time with the baseball program over any other sport they play.
Otis coach seems like a decent guy and I'm sorry for his association there, but it dosent take away from the fact that I want them to lose every game in every sport they play!!

Reactions: bigbluegrog
Actually, I am kind of pulling for Louisville, and think they have a hell of a chance to win it. As an aside, we played TEN games against the four teams now in the winners bracket in the CWS, going 4-6. Plus started the season with three games against UNC, who was the national no. 2 or 3 seed, IIRC. Wow, we had a tough schedule.

My sentimental favorite is FSU and Mike Martin, he has come close several times. I would like to see the Noles win it for him, but they lost their 1st game to LSU, and are already in the losers bracket ..... Tough !

Oregon State taking LSU to the wood shed, up 13-1 bottom of the 8th. Did NOT see that coming. The Beavers would go to 56-4 on the season.

Oregon State taking LSU to the wood shed, up 13-1 bottom of the 8th. Did NOT see that coming. The Beavers would go to 56-4 on the season.

You and me both. I just kind of thought they were playing weak west coast competition, and once they played against the SEC and ACC powers, they would fall. Well, I guess not.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
You and me both. I just kind of thought they were playing weak west coast competition, and once they played against the SEC and ACC powers, they would fall. Well, I guess not.
Plenty of great baseball and players out west, but I don't think you'd expect them to end up at Oregon state of all places. They are a strangel kind of a team for sure...I think I heard correctly yesterday that they had 588 hits on the season and 435 of them were singles yet last night they destroyed lsu with the long ball. Hate to say it , but it wouldn't surprise me to see them and otis in the finals...Hope not!!

Sure didn't help LSU to have their pitcher tighten up in the 3rd inning.
Seems like it's going to be a magical season for OSU.

ADVERTISEMENT