ADVERTISEMENT

PTI slams basketball writers assoc

sambowieshin

All-American
Nov 27, 2009
It is a joke with an agenda. Stupidly dissed Cal and has never chosen K as coach of the year. The organization has shown everybody what it is.

Throw Finebaum in there as well...

He just said "a bunch of idiots are voting"

I wonder who he's referring to?

I think this is manufactured drama on a certain level. On ESPN and talk radio? I know ... shocking.

Rich Brooks won a couple of SEC Coach of the Year awards for fielding teams that finished below .500 in conference when Nick Saban and Urban Meyer were both going undefeated. Nick Saban and Urban Meyer probably got a good belly laugh out of that for a second ... then went back making snow angels in their giant piles of money.

These awards are what they are.

I understand Virginia's coach being up near the top. He did not have a team considered to be loaded with top pre-season talent and certainly achieved a tremendous outcome. There is little doubt he should be up near the top. He is the second choice behind Cal with an undefeated season.

Executive Committee Members

President - Dana O'Neill
Vice President - Pat Forde
Kentucky representative - Jerry Tipton

^ If that's not a joke of biased proportions, what the hell is.

Show us the votes.

Originally posted by Prime MF:

The ultimate way to expose the farce is to ask this question:

"What could Calipari have done differently to win the award?"
Go super-undefeated maybe?

These are a club of good ol' boys who have lost touch with the modern game of basketball. Their award is a laughing stock to most of the modern writers who do have a good understanding of today's game. Their awards are irrelevant when you realize many of the top coaches have never gotten it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT