ADVERTISEMENT

Pro day

Good to see Brad relaxed and smiling! Maturing. Said the team is very close with a chip on their shoulder.

Keldon Johnson jumps off of 1 foot in the moving vertical test. Would like to see him learn to explode off of 2 feet. Would help protect him as it is easier to keep your balance if your hit when going off of 2 feet and you know he's going to get challenged after he posterizes some people early in the season.

Baker looks healthy. Quick with a 37.5" vertical. Easy to see why Hagans is a great defender watching his lane agility drill.

Any more info on barker? Does it seem like he’ll be good to play this year?

Ankle. That’s going to linger for a bit. Prob will sit out half a week of practice just to be sure

Reactions: blubo
Quickley continues to make me look like i can see the future. Had him ahead of Hagans and Green when many had him third and he show d once again he should and will be the opening night starting point guard

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Smart ass comments aside, what’s he look like my friends?
6_4003952.jpg

giphy.gif

[laughing] Sorry.

Calipari just said EJ Montgomery is still injured and Brad just rolled up his shorts. o_O

You gotta be kidding me. I don't think we are ever going to be 100% again. Every single year it is something.

Actually, I haven't watched it yet, but just read that EJ did play, so I guess it isn't anything major.

EJ looked good as a rim protector, he blocked two shots from what I’ve seen, one of which was a floater that he blocked with both hands!!!

Quickley continues to make me look like i can see the future. Had him ahead of Hagans and Green when many had him third and he show d once again he should and will be the opening night starting point guard

Quickly is gonna be special, he plays some really good defense and still can not believe he outshot Herro, Baker and Green in the 3 point contest at BBM.. Do not see how you gaurd this team, inside or out. They have some really good shooters and some really good rebounders..

EJ looked good as a rim protector, he blocked two shots from what I’ve seen, one of which was a floater that he blocked with both hands!!!

EJ always reminded me of Jaren Jackson in a way, he has some good length, one of him or Nick Richards will always play the five defensively while Washington or Travis is in there at the four..

Good lord I never thought of that comparison but that could be a good one...when hes engaged that is, Cal has said he hasn’t always been engaged and that was a issue in H.S as well earlier in his career which is why he dropped from top 5 to top 30. He got more consistent and moved back up but it wanes from time to time

EJ always reminded me of Jaren Jackson in a way, he has some good length, one of him or Nick Richards will always play the five defensively while Washington or Travis is in there at the four..

Reactions: 1991greywildcat
Good lord I never thought of that comparison but that could be a good one...when hes engaged that is, Cal has said he hasn’t always been engaged and that was a issue in H.S as well earlier in his career which is why he dropped from top 5 to top 30. He got more consistent and moved back up but it wanes from time to time

Have noticed that on the court at times, he will learn to be more consistent in time. Especially playing with the group he is now, Montgomery has been highly ranked in this class since he was in eight grade and for good reason to. He is a beast when, like you said, he is engaged..

Reactions: CatfanMike47
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT