ADVERTISEMENT

Predict our record the last 10 games?

Lose at Ole Miss and this team is in a very deep hole to get a NCAA birth.
Honestly, how sickening is it that we have to worry about even making it into the damned NCAA tourney?
This has only really ever been a problem with BCG and Calipari.
Even ten-loss Tubby could be counted on to get in.
Un-fvcking-believable!
With you Blueworld. If we lose to Ole Miss, UF, or both, we may see the team that played S. Car with the lack of effort and cohesion. Then we could run the table, in a bad way.

I believe 6-4 is the floor and 9-1 is possible with the right lineups. However, I must state that I believe we will win everytime we take the floor(no matter who we play, lineups we use or who coaches).

Lose at Ole Miss and this team is in a very deep hole to get a NCAA birth.
Honestly, how sickening is it that we have to worry about even making it into the damned NCAA tourney?
This has only really ever been a problem with BCG and Calipari.
Even ten-loss Tubby could be counted on to get in.
Un-fvcking-believable!
We are not losing to that travesty of a basketball team. They will have no answer for Oscar or Toppin. Cats by double digits.

7-3 and a decent run at the sec tourney and we will be in the tourney. We didn’t look awful last night, but it’s a game we could have and should have won.

7-3 and a decent run at the sec tourney and we will be in the tourney. We didn’t look awful last night, but it’s a game we could have and should have won.
Should have won? Versus #9 defending national champions and a coach who has never lost 4 in a row coaching KU?
You should have stuck with could have.
But that said we are fine. No sense peaking too soon like last yr.
Now we make our run.

5-5 NIT bound. Wallace opts out to prepare for draft. Oscar considers it. UK becomes a trendsetter once again!

And if cows shat butter, we wouldn't have to churn the milk. I seriously doubt that we even win two of those three
I’ve honestly always wondered what would happen if you picked up a cow and shook her real hard.

Definitely not advocating it. Just a mind forever voyaging.

Should have won? Versus #9 defending national champions and a coach who has never lost 4 in a row coaching KU?
You should have stuck with could have.
But that said we are fine. No sense peaking too soon like last yr.
Now we make our run.
None of those points have anything to do with the game once the ball is tipped. They had injuries and we didn't finish as strong as they did. We should have won that game.

I believe 6-4 is the floor and 9-1 is possible with the right lineups. However, I must state that I believe we will win everytime we take the floor(no matter who we play, lineups we use or who coaches).
Lineups don't matter as much as actually being coached.

7-3 to 5-5.

Either way, overall, the season's a disappointment. But that's just the norm for UK now I guess.

I haven't agreed with Calipari much these days, but I do think he was right on point when he said every game is going to be a struggle. He's right..I don't see this team having enough mental strength or a high enough basketball IQ to not stub their toe. Here are the games that concern me the most:

1. At Arkansas (I think we lose this one)
2. UT here (I think we win)
3. At MSU. (I'm a little torn, but I wouldn't be surprised with a loss)
4. Auburn here (We win, avenging last year)
5, Arkansas here (I think we win)

In ten games this team could lose a game we should easily win-at Ol' Miss, at Georgia, or at Florida. Kentucky is still a signature win for anyone, and they'll all be out for blood.
Anyway, Mr. Positive says 8-2 with a regular season sweep over UT. Mr. Negative says, 6-4 with another bad loss.

My other guess is that even if we go the 6-4 route, we pick up a couple of strong wins in the SEC Tournament, and make the NCAA Tournament at an 8-10 seed.

Last edited:
Lots of opportunities to pick up Quad 1 and Quad 2 wins.

Kentucky's two toughest remaining games--Tennessee and Auburn--both come at home and the Wildcats should be favored in its final 10 games outside of maybe its road game at Arkansas in the regular season finale.

Per the current rankings, UK has six remaining games vs. Quad 1 opponents (at Mississippi State, Tennessee, Arkansas twice, at Florida, Auburn), three Quad 2 opportunities (at Ole Miss, at Georgia, Florida) and one final Quad 3 game (Vanderbilt).

I think 9-1. Possible 10-0 if Wheeler never plays.

Possible 0-10 if Wheeler plays over 20 minutes a game.

ADVERTISEMENT