ADVERTISEMENT

Predict our record the last 10 games?

I’m honestly predicting either 7-3, but really hoping for 8-2. Potentially finishing the season 21-10 or 22-9. Never in a million years did I think this season would play out like this. That is a bubble resume anyway you slice it…sigh
5-5 some combination of 5 road losses or 4 road losses and a loss at home, probably UT

Reactions: Benjamin2008
@ Ole Miss W
Florida W
Arkansas W
@ Georgia L
@ Miss State L
Tennessee L
@ Florida W
Auburn W
Vandy W
@ Arkansas L

SEC Tournament 1 W and 1 L

Based on the way I feel this morning.

@ Ole Miss W
Florida W
Arkansas W
@ Georgia W
@ State L
Tennessee L
@ Florida L
Auburn L
Vandy W
@ Arkansas L

5-5 with the possibility of losing to Georgia @ Georgia and/or Ole Miss.
And NEVER think Arkansas at Rupp is a sure thing.
Floor 3-7
Ceiling 6-4

7-3 will get us in. 6-4 will put us on the outside looking in and will take at least a run to the SECT championship game to get us back in. 5-5 we are out completely barring winning the SECT. Honestly could see anywhere from 4-6 to 8-2, really just depends on cal and his direction he goes which leads me closer to the 4-6 results. Cal sucks!!!!

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
@ Ole Miss W
Florida W
Arkansas L
@ Georgia W
@ State L
Tennessee L
@ Florida W
Auburn W
Vandy W
@ Arkansas L

6-4 and a play-in game in the tournament

@ Ole Miss W
Florida W
Arkansas W
@ Georgia W
@ State W
Tennessee L
@ Florida W
Auburn W
Vandy W
@ Arkansas L

See I type it out and get to 8-2 but I don't believe in my heart we go 8-2 down the stretch. I dunno. Maybe we split with Florida? Auburn a L?

I guess none of it matters if Cal won't play the Bennies.
With this team, who knows. Not sure they will get to the SECT below double digit losses. Don't see them doing much in March either way.

If they do make the tourney, it will be likely as 10 seed or so.

Reactions: cathouse
To be honest it all depends on the product Cal puts out there.
Meaning what line up he decides to play.

With Cal one never should assume the best from our last couple years track record.

I think we’ll end up being 7-3 or 8-2. While we could definitely lose that game at MSU, I think there’s a lot of recency bias in this thread. TCU’s best player got injured moments into the game yesterday. If not for that they likely would be 1-9 since right before Christmas. While Tolu is a good player, they have no one else that averages 9 PPG.

With this team absolutely anything can happen but we only play 3 good rosters the rest of the way(though Arkx2).

Reactions: bigbluemagoo
4-6 Rest of the way in $EC
1-1 SEC-T
0-1 NIT

@ Ole Miss L
Florida W
Arkansas W
@ Georgia L
@ State L
Tennessee L
@ Florida W
Auburn L
Vandy W
@ Arkansas L

SEC Tournament

Vandy W
Alabama L

NIT

Robert Morris L

19-15

@ Ole Miss W
Florida W
Arkansas W
@ Georgia W
@ State W
Tennessee L
@ Florida W
Auburn W
Vandy W
@ Arkansas L

See I type it out and get to 8-2 but I don't believe in my heart we go 8-2 down the stretch. I dunno. Maybe we split with Florida? Auburn a L?

That's your best case and what should happen. I'd rather beat TN and lose another road game to Florida or msu though.

People on here are jumping off the deep end after losing a close one to Kansas, who just couldn't miss down the stretch. Other than TN, we play no one near KUs caliber down the stretch.

The problem with the Bennies lineup is that it isn't that good anyways. Cj is weak and Reeves is inconsistent some too and so is toppin.

Wo
4-6 Rest of the way in $EC
1-1 SEC-T
0-1 NIT

@ Ole Miss L
Florida W
Arkansas W
@ Georgia L
@ State L
Tennessee L
@ Florida W
Auburn L
Vandy W
@ Arkansas L

SEC Tournament

Vandy W
Alabama L

NIT

Robert Morris L

19-15
Would the NIT even take us with that record?

@ Ole Miss W
Florida W
Arkansas W
@ Georgia W
@ State W
Tennessee L
@ Florida W
Auburn W
Vandy W
@ Arkansas L

This ^^^^^….
And UT will be vulnerable in Rupp.

8-2. Cal shines brightest against crappy/mediocre conference foes.

Reactions: know1
We should and would if wheeler is benched and cal plays Livingston his minutes. At least he has size to defend with wheeler has absolutely nothing. It’s an embarrassment when he hits the floor.
We were the best team in the country for a couple months last year, with Wheeler running the point. He’s not the problem. Hell, he barely plays now. Blame the guys who actually play most of the game. They’re the reason we’re unranked and on the bubble.

• Haha
Reactions: Wildcats1st
I’m honestly predicting either 7-3, but really hoping for 8-2. Potentially finishing the season 21-10 or 22-9. Never in a million years did I think this season would play out like this. That is a bubble resume anyway you slice it…sigh
The basic record fans wanted Tubby gone for. I cannot prove it, but, I think Tubby loses no more than 5 or 6 games with this team.

Reactions: know1
We were the best team in the country for a couple months last year, with Wheeler running the point. He’s not the problem. Hell, he barely plays now. Blame the guys who actually play most of the game. They’re the reason we’re unranked and on the bubble.
Wheeler has been playing 39 mpg until recently. Those minutes should have gone to someone with upside and last year was fools gold my man. Wheeler is why we lost to St. Peter’s and he is the constant in all of this

• Haha
Reactions: Blue63Madison
Lose at Ole Miss and this team is in a very deep hole to get a NCAA birth.
Honestly, how sickening is it that we have to worry about even making it into the damned NCAA tourney?
This has only really ever been a problem with BCG and Calipari.
Even ten-loss Tubby could be counted on to get in.
Un-fvcking-believable!

What is the point....the once promising season is over!

Lose at Ole Miss and this team is in a very deep hole to get a NCAA birth.
Honestly, how sickening is it that we have to worry about even making it into the damned NCAA tourney?
This has only really ever been a problem with BCG and Calipari.
Even ten-loss Tubby could be counted on to get in.
Un-fvcking-believable!
Start believing it ...$10 million don't buy much any more with all of the inflation.

It all depends on if Cal adjusts and plays smart the rest of the way.

Play the Benny Lineup and lean on them heavily, avoid slow starts by starting that lineup.

Use Livingston more, especially at the 4. Play him 20-25 minutes.

Play Wheeler only when Wallace needs a break. Play Ware only when Tshiebwe has to be out. Give Thiero a little run.

He manages the roster right and we go 8-2 or 7-3.

Typical Cal substitution patterns and adjustments, we go 5-5, 6-4 tops.

Reactions: ukfan041
ADVERTISEMENT