ADVERTISEMENT

Predict our last 10 regular season games

What do you predict our record final 10 games before SEC-T?

• 4-6 (or worse)

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • 5-5

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • 6-4

Votes: 19 29.7%
  • 7-3

Votes: 19 29.7%
  • 8-2

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • 9-1

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • 10-0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JonathanW

All-American
Jan 3, 2003
@ Ole Miss
Florida
Arkansas
@ Georgia
@ Miss St
Tennessee
@ Florida
Auburn
Vandy
@ Arkansas

The optimist could hope for 10-0, the best 2 teams are home games, the toughest road game is a team struggling while injured.
The negative fan can point to USC and ....

10-0 puts us at 24-7, ..., 8-2 at 22-9,..., 6-4 at 20-11
Then you got the SEC-T to add to that.

IMO, 7 losses total (so run the table, including SEC-T) we get a 4 seed
8 losses = a 5 seed
9 losses = 7 seed
10 losses = 9 seed
11 losses = 11 seed
12 losses = NIT (unless we made it to SEC-T final, then a 12 seed)

We average two losses per month. Our remaining schedule is tough though. I'm saying 20-11.

I’m in the 7-3 camp. We should really win the next 4 or 5 games. Losses to UT, Auburn, and @ Arkansas. Maybe we go 6-4 if we lose one we aren’t supposed to. I will say road games in the SEC are never gimmes so this has the opportunity to go off the rails if
t-shirt night gets to the kids in these Cracker Jack arenas.

Gonna be a tough road ahead just hope the team digs down and wants to fight because if not the fall of the cliff is gonna be ugly.

I still think we might go 7-3. That makes us 21-10 going into the SEC tourney. At best we're 2-1 there, so that's 23-11 heading into the tourney.

Looking at 4-6 if CCC gets out coached by a man named Kermit in Oxford Tuesday night...

mika-noah.gif

For our next 10 games:
1) Cal will do something stubborn and stupid to find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
2) Cal will do something stubborn and stupid to find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
3) Cal will do something stubborn and stupid to find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
4) Cal will do something stubborn and stupid to find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
5) Cal will do something stubborn and stupid to find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
6) Cal will do something stubborn and stupid to find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
7) Cal will do something stubborn and stupid to find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
8) Cal will do something stubborn and stupid to find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
9) Cal will do something stubborn and stupid to find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
10) Cal will do something stubborn and stupid to find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I HOPE I'M WRONG.

Reactions: rivercatinfl
@ Ole Miss W
Florida W
Arkansas W
@ Georgia W
@ Miss St L
Tennessee L
@ Florida L
Auburn W
Vandy W
@ Arkansas L

6-4 to finish out

20-11 heading into the SEC Tournament. Will have to win at least one game there to feel safe, IMO.

It would help us a bit of Auburn, Arkansas, and Florida get some solid conference wins. There just isn't much left in the way of quality. I don't see us beating UT again, they will be ready and want revenge.

Last edited:
I'll go 7-3 and end up 21-10. I won't venture a guess about the SEC tourney....yet.

We’ll definitely lose one we’re not supposed to, likely State or Florida. My guess is 6-4 with them being state / Florida, Tennessee, and twice against Arky. Pretty lucky we don’t have to play Bama again.

@ Ole Miss W
Florida W
Arkansas L
@ Georgia L
@ Miss St L
Tennessee L
@ Florida L
Auburn L
Vandy W
@ Arkansas L

3 - 7 from here out

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: entropy13
@ Ole Miss
Florida
Arkansas
@ Georgia
@ Miss St
Tennessee
@ Florida
Auburn
Vandy
@ Arkansas

The optimist could hope for 10-0, the best 2 teams are home games, the toughest road game is a team struggling while injured.
The negative fan can point to USC and ....
I prefer to think in terms of odds/probabilities and expected values, since no game is 100% going to be a win or loss.

I see the probability of winning any above game (at the moment, of course circumstances may change), to be:
65% Ole Miss
80% UF
65% Ark
85% UGA
75% Miss St
40% UT
55% UF
65% Auburn
85% Vandy
40% Ark
For an expected value # of wins of 6.55. Which is right were the poll is at now too.

I still think we might go 7-3. That makes us 21-10 going into the SEC tourney. At best we're 2-1 there, so that's 23-11 heading into the tourney.
Yep, 24-12 is a real possibility after our first round exit last year.

Quote from Cal after St. Peters loss:

“We were all ready for this year. This team didn’t disappoint and I remain proud and fond of each of these players. Please steer your disappointment and anger toward me. These kids did this for all of the BBN and I wish I could have dragged them over the finish line. My focus is on these kids and recruiting so we continue being a program that has a chance to do something special EVERY YEAR. The culture we've built in this program expects that and demands it. I love and appreciate our fans!!”

The culture he has built? Please tear it down.

There’s light at the end of the tunnel, though, says Barnhart (12/19/22)

“There are growing pains and we’re going through that, nights when the ball is not going in the hole,” he said. “The game against Michigan State, stubbed our toe down the stretch, couldn’t finish that one. The Gonzaga game, just didn’t have a very good night that night. And then the UCLA game, obviously we just really struggled to shoot the ball. We had a lot of open looks, a lot of open looks, and just couldn’t get them to go down. That’s a little unusual for this team, they’re pretty good shooters. You’ve got some folks who can do that.

Update- Add Missouri, S. Carolina, Alabama, Kansas after UCLA

“I do believe that the pieces of the puzzle are in place. I watched Chris Livingston come alive, and I believe we’ll be able to put pieces of the puzzle together as we go through the season. Cal’s teams generally get better as we go and as they begin to develop and spend time together in December, and we get into the heart of it.”

Livingson hasn't "come alive", Cal can't figure out the pieces.

“It’s all defined by what we do in March, there’s no mystery in that,” Barnhart said. “So we’ve got to build to that and make sure we find ourselves and put ourselves in a position and see what we can accomplish in March.”

This one is probably going to end badly as well.

I prefer to think in terms of odds/probabilities and expected values, since no game is 100% going to be a win or loss.

I see the probability of winning any above game (at the moment, of course circumstances may change), to be:
65% Ole Miss
80% UF
65% Ark
85% UGA
75% Miss St
40% UT
55% UF
65% Auburn
85% Vandy
40% Ark
For an expected value # of wins of 6.55. Which is right were the poll is at now too.
Very logical IMO. If Murrell and Ruffin miss tomorrow’s game(they both missed Saturday and Ruffin has missed a good bit now) I would increase tomorrow’s percentage to more 75-80%. Without those two guys they go from one of the least talented teams in the SEC to the least.

ADVERTISEMENT