ADVERTISEMENT

Potential Grudge Matches Galore

bluescat92

Junior
Gold Member
Apr 26, 2005
The Heart of the Bluegrass
So many of the fifteen teams left have potential grudge matches between us should we meet starting with West Virginia.

Kentucky vs West Virginia and Huggins can give us payback for the regional final lost we took with Cals first team.

Notre Dame is a long time program rival back to Diggers days. Wichita State would love to get revenge from last year. Ditto with Wisconsin. North Carolina vs UK says it all for Cats fans. Arizona is a program Cal recruits against and who can ever forget "Simon Says"

On the other side we have Puke and UofLsucksville need I say more. We have dashed Utah's dreams several times. UCLA would love a rematch. Gonzaga, a team the analysis say is one of the teams with a chance to beat us with a former UK player. Michigan State and Iszo goes back.

Xavier, NC State and Oklahoma are the neutral teams.

Let the battles begin. Go Cats bring home number nine

This post was edited on 3/24 3:40 PM by bluescat92

I can see Arizona and particularly Notre Dame looking ahead to the regional finals...not saying either lose, but they'll both be in for a battle IMO.

I tried to mention a few of these even before the brackets were announced. As everyone was speculating about what the committee would do. Its probably hard to find a team good enough to make the field that doesn't have some connection to Kentucky. We play in the tournament a lot. We play a lot of good teams during the season. It makes sense that we would be on a collision course with a few of them.

Any team looking ahead is in trouble in this tournament. Nobody should be taken for granted or looked past at this point.

True Jason, but we were not undefeated in 2011. When was the last sweet sixteen we were in that had as many programs in it that have past or recent histories with us either in the Tournament or regular season. Three of the four teams we beat at the buzzer last year are still in it with two of them on our bracket side. The potential is off the hook for some matchups that will get the blood pumping for the fans.

ADVERTISEMENT