ADVERTISEMENT

Possible law firms to represent Louisville.

UK_fan_41102

All-American
Jan 27, 2010
funny-law-firm-names-11.jpg

In all seriousness, I don't see how a public university should be allowed to waste more money pushing back against charges they've already admitted to. Take the punishment and move on. I think it's time for the UL board to weigh in and stop this nonsense. They need to retake the reins from the turtleneck, because he's gone stark raving mad.

In all seriousness, I don't see how a public university should be allowed to waste more money pushing back against charges they've already admitted to. Take the punishment and move on. I think it's time for the UL board to weigh in and stop this nonsense. They need to retake the reins from the turtleneck, because he's gone stark raving mad.
Bilas may go pro bono

I think that's exactly what will happen.
After reading the ncaa report i don't see how any intelligent person could think they would have any chance of winning an appeal to the ncaa, let alone throwing a load of money away in a drawn out court battle.
I think they've been bagged and tagged.

Reactions: Ugoff
I hear he's hard to retain these days.
Maybe he can represent Louisville through Skype from South America. Not just any old lawyer is going to be able to argue with a straight face that Louisville shouldn't be punished that bad, because the monetary value of sex from a low-class hooker is minimal. That is seriously Louisville's argument. They can't deny that they paid whores to manipulate teenage recruits with sex, so the Cards are arguing that the small monetary value of the "impermissible benefits" mitigates any "technical violations". Presumably, a more classy and expensive hooker would warrant a bigger punishment, but Louisville is arguing for leniency, because the Cards only used cheap ratchet. It takes a special type of shameless egomaniac to make that argument. It doesn't surprise me that Pitino and Jurich want to make this appeal, but the University president should know better.

ADVERTISEMENT