ADVERTISEMENT

Possible 2019 class

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
I like our chances better now with Igiehon with ensuing UL penalties. I think Oscar will be hard to pull from WVU with his connections there. I like the way Cal is focusing on McDaniels. May change my mind tomorrow. But today I could see a 2019 class of:

Maxey - 1/2
Allen - 2/3
McDaniels - tall 3
Whitney - 3/finesse 4
Igiehon - 5
Plus 1 or 2 from Oscar T, Stewart, Wiseman, Hurt and Carey. If Hampton wants to reclassify and join the fun, it won’t hurt my feelings.:)

Is McDaniels a realistic option? Obviously would never count Cal out, but thought the main players in this were SDSU and Texas

I like our chances better now with Igiehon with ensuing UL penalties. I think Oscar will be hard to pull from WVU with his connections there. I like the way Cal is focusing on McDaniels. May change my mind tomorrow. But today I could see a 2019 class of:

Maxey - 1/2
Allen - 2/3
McDaniels - tall 3
Whitney - 3/finesse 4
Igiehon - 5
Plus 1 or 2 from Oscar T, Stewart, Wiseman, Hurt and Carey. If Hampton wants to reclassify and join the fun, it won’t hurt my feelings.:)

We better get at least two from that last group, or it’s gonna be an ugly season. Don’t see us returning a single frontcourt player.

I've seen worse recruiting classes...
Yeah,UL's,WKU's,UNC's most of the SEC,Big 10 and,uh................just about everybody else's now that you mention it.

I left out all of Tubby's and Billy Clyde's classes................. cause recruiting just wasn't their game.

Reactions: BBUK

Maxey - 1/2
Allen - 2/3
McDaniels - tall 3
Whitney - 3/finesse 4
Igiehon - 5
I thought the ship had sailed on Igiehon? I thought Cal had pulled away?

I thought the ship had sailed on Igiehon? I thought Cal had pulled away?

If the dude has to think about it Cal should pull away. Dang that's not smart of
Iggy...(Have to call him that in the interim...) Got me thinking of Lenny and Squiggy...

tumblr_ohwy3gJBrW1u4mim1o1_500.gif

Lenny, Squiggy, and Iggy...

Reactions: Ugoff and kev69
I don't. He will be at UK if and when the other
Bigs choose elsewhere.

I love when people speak in absolutes when talking about recruiting. It is highly unlikely he ever even visits much less plays college basketball here. Louisville has a large lead and if anyone is going to overcome that it is most likely Oregon.

I love when people speak in absolutes when talking about recruiting. It is highly unlikely he ever even visits much less plays college basketball here. Louisville has a large lead and if anyone is going to overcome that it is most likely Oregon.

I have no idea. All I was stating is if he has UK and lewisville to choose from and chooses lewisville....dang.

Reactions: kev69

Let me rephrase "I believe he will be here if the other big 4 don't come to UK.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a grad transfer pops up at some point either. Dependent on who goes to the draft at least. I think Travis opens the door more for that sort of thing. They won’t get one every year but whenever a mass exodus occurs like next year I think it makes sense and is more likely now.

Reactions: kev69
There isn’t a travis Reid out there for next year.

Jeez people he’s a McDonald’s all American sr from a major conference and school. He’s the best grad transfer of all time for a reason. The vast majority of grad transfers are at best the two UL guys from a
Few years ago...

Something that Cal doesn't do alot of, maybe we go the juco route. I thought he recently checked in on one but can't remember the name.

If the dude has to think about it Cal should pull away. Dang that's not smart of
Iggy...(Have to call him that in the interim...) Got me thinking of Lenny and Squiggy...

tumblr_ohwy3gJBrW1u4mim1o1_500.gif

Lenny, Squiggy, and Iggy...

Who are those dorks lol

Reactions: BBUK
Way past Ralph Malph and Potsie......(Man I really got BleedingBlue googling now.);)

Ole Potsie, the classic Dren....but...Joanie's gone now...

Reactions: kev69 and catben

Maxey - 1/2
Allen - 2/3
McDaniels - tall 3
Whitney - 3/finesse 4
Igiehon - 5

I know we need bigs, but I'd take McDaneils right now over any of the bigs if given the choice. He'd give UK more versatility and I agree with your premise that putting Maxey/Whitney/McDaniels next to a rebounding big would make UK pretty competitive.

I'd rather have a class with more athletic 6'-8" or 6'-9" guys than typical 7 foot bigs. If I remember correctly, Villanova did just fine on some tiles without typical bigs.

Maxey - 1/2
Allen - 2/3
McDaniels - tall 3
Whitney - 3/finesse 4
Igiehon - 5
I think our class will be 8-9 man deep at least so I will go with

Maxey - pg
A player to be named later - SG
Allen - SF/SG
Whitney - SF
Another Guard to be named later
Mcdaniel - Stretch 4
Wiseman - Center
Stewart - PF
One more big from the Oscar , Igehion, Carey others mix ( I bet there are 1-2 names we dont even know now)

Last time
Who we already got

Plus
Stewart Carey brooks

Or will be

Wiseman Carey Hampton

Waiting to hear about mcdaniels and have a few feelers out. I’m guessing he’s in play if cal goes out to visit him. I think last visit was to see if he had a problem joining this player xxxxxx
One of those two scenarios

Relax people 2019 class will be up there as one of the bests

There isn’t a travis Reid out there for next year.

Jeez people he’s a McDonald’s all American sr from a major conference and school. He’s the best grad transfer of all time for a reason. The vast majority of grad transfers are at best the two UL guys from a
Few years ago...

I wasn’t saying it’d be a Reid Travis-like grad transfer whenever they pursue one. That’s ridiculous to assume that’s what I meant. It’s not wrong to say they may, and probably will, find role players via the grad transfer route.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT